Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carlos as a Bengal vs. Carlos as a Seahawk
Totally agree.
It appears as though the culture has gotten WORSE.
Zac Taylor is Dave Shula 2.0, he's gotta go!
Reply/Quote
All of the sudden they’re not calling him Dunlop anymore. Sucks to be a fan.
Reply/Quote
Yep. If Taylor isn’t fired at seasons end, we may as well give up any hope of Katie/Troy having a clue on how to build a contender
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 01:54 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Yep. If Taylor isn’t fired at seasons end, we may as well give up any hope of Katie/Troy having a clue on how to build a contender

It's sad, Dunlap loved being here at one point and watching Zac and Lou run him out of town just sucks....I'll never forgive Zac for that. Los was a generational talent
Reply/Quote
I hope Zac Taylor kicks the foot of the bed and stubs his toe tonight. I hope it really hurts too.

Sent from my BV9600 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 01:38 AM)Trademark Wrote: Looking more and more like it's a coaching problem here, dude just got a game winning sack tonight vid the Cardinals and has looked like his old self. One has to wonder if AJ Green goes to a different team if he would look like his old self too. Bengals really need to get a legitimate coach in here, should of promoted Zimmer to HC when they had the chance

AJ has had ample opportunities this season (too many) to get right. It’s on him. Boyd and Tee are having no problem playing well. Totally different situation than what’s going on with Dunlap and Geno. Anarumo is the single biggest problem with this team right now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 02:01 AM)ah5 Wrote: I hope Zac Taylor kicks the foot of the bed and stubs his toe tonight.  I hope it really hurts too.

Sent from my BV9600 using Tapatalk

[Image: af58348789634ea69ad8bab5b3b46bcc_30d8e4e...iginal.gif]

...for subjecting us fans to the '19 and '20 seasons.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 01:54 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Yep. If Taylor isn’t fired at seasons end, we may as well give up any hope of Katie/Troy having a clue on how to build a contender

I mean, we already had hints of this previously.

Keep in mind Katie/Troy before the '15 season wanted Whit gone after '15 and Mike is actually the guy who gave him a 1 year extension. Then they made sure he was gone after '16. It has been almost 4 years now and Whit was on pace to be Pro Bowl (if not All-Pro) for a second time since leaving before he hurt his knee.

They looked at Whit, looked at Ogbuehi, looked at Whit, and said "we're ready to roll with Ogbuehi".

Reply/Quote
Saw more effort from him tonight than I did in 7 games here but sure blame the coaches and excuse his baby raging behavior. Typical Bengals fan stuff.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 02:25 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Saw more effort from him tonight than I did in 7 games here but sure blame the coaches and excuse his baby raging behavior.  Typical Bengals fan stuff.

Saw more sacks from Dunlap tonight than I did 9 games of anyone on the Bengals not named Lawson, but sure blame the x2 Pro Bowler for his terrible coach and that coach's terrible scheme trying to put a really nice square peg into a really shitty round hole. Typical Bengals fan stuff.

If everyone else was killing it on the Bengals D, you might be onto something, but they're not. Pretty much everyone not named Jesse Bates is not doing well. Even Lawson hasn't had a sack in 5 games, and the Bengals as a team have only 1 sack in the last 3 games.

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 12:36 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He's a 4-3 DE, period; he didn't fit the system we had and instead of playing to his strengths, they demoted him and tried to square-peg into round-hole him.

Now he's on a team that plays a 4-3 very similarly to our 4-3, so of course he's thriving.

(11-20-2020, 02:25 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Saw more effort from him tonight than I did in 7 games here but sure blame the coaches and excuse his baby raging behavior. Typical Bengals fan stuff.

No, what you saw was him being put in a better position to succeed. But by all means continue to defend Lou Anarumo of all people...

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 02:25 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Saw more effort from him tonight than I did in 7 games here but sure blame the coaches and excuse his baby raging behavior. Typical Bengals fan stuff.

This effort excuse is really starting to irk me. So all of a sudden a player who plays hard stopped playing hard but then started again on another team?

What’s so hard about saying the coaching sucks?
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Good to see Carlos just didn’t forget how to play football

Looks like a great player in Seattle. It’s likely we wasted 2 years of his career and it’s likely we’re doing the same to Geno. These are 4-3 players. This coaching staff is the leagues worst. How dare you run a shit scheme then put the blame on vet players who have a long history of balling out? How f***** dare you coaching staff
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 09:44 AM)Housh Wrote: This effort excuse is really starting to irk me. So all of a sudden a player who plays hard stopped playing hard but then started again on another team?

What’s so hard about saying the coaching sucks?

Nothing. These coaches suck. Does not negate the fact that his effort was not here. We can debate the reason. 

I didn't watch the whole game, but Los' wasn't beating his one on one's often here. So that's not coaching, thats player. 

Also, let's not forget he just had a game where he registered a whopping 0 stats last week. He's a good DE who plays hard when he wants to, no more, no less. 

You guys act like he was a perennial all-pro. He wasn't. He was never the best player on our defense. He registered double digit sacks, I believe one time? 

Side Note: did you see Dre K had a personal foul on 4th down to keep the drive alive allowing Seahawks to score a TD? Was he the coaches problem too? 
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 10:07 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Nothing. These coaches suck. Does not negate the fact that his effort was not here. We can debate the reason. 

I didn't watch the whole game, but Los' wasn't beating his one on one's often here. So that's not coaching, thats player. 

Also, let's not forget he just had a game where he registered a whopping 0 stats last week. He's a good DE who plays hard when he wants to, no more, no less. 

You guys act like he was a perennial all-pro. He wasn't. He was never the best player on our defense. He registered double digit sacks, I believe one time? 

Side Note: did you see Dre K had a personal foul on 4th down to keep the drive alive allowing Seahawks to score a TD? Was he the coaches problem too? 

1. Stop it.
2. He's the best DE we've ever had. Period.
3. Metrics, analytics AND stats back up my claim above.
4. He had 2 QB hits last week and more hurries, not, "no stats." And let's not forget, he was up against the Rams, who have superb tackles.
5. Wasn't 4th down, it was a 3rd and 2 or 3rd and 3 or whatever; even if it got to 4th down, Seattle would've converted.

Considering how badly Dre was torched in the previous Seattle game, he looked much better last night; still gave up a lot of catches, but not a ton of YAC and some solid tackling.

Dunlap never should've dogged it while he was here, as it was super unprofessional, but he was being beyond misused and we needed to get rid of him as a result.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 04:47 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 1. Stop it.
2. He's the best DE we've ever had. Period.
3. Metrics, analytics AND stats back up my claim above.
4. He had 2 QB hits last week and more hurries, not, "no stats."  And let's not forget, he was up against the Rams, who have superb tackles.
5. Wasn't 4th down, it was a 3rd and 2 or 3rd and 3 or whatever; even if it got to 4th down, Seattle would've converted.

Considering how badly Dre was torched in the previous Seattle game, he looked much better last night; still gave up a lot of catches, but not a ton of YAC and some solid tackling.

Dunlap never should've dogged it while he was here, as it was super unprofessional, but he was being beyond misused and we needed to get rid of him as a result.
1. Stop what? 

2. I think him being the best DE we've ever had is more of an indictment on the team than him being amazing. 0 all-pro seasons.

3. He's never been the best player on our defense, and he's never come close to the best DE any given year.

4. I loved Carlos, and even got a little excited seeing him play well. Doesn't excuse anything he did here this year. 

5. Okay maybe it wasn't 4th down, but his bone headedness went with him. 
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 05:02 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: 1. Stop what? 

2. I think him being the best DE we've ever had is more of an indictment on the team than him being amazing. 0 all-pro seasons.

3. He's never been the best player on our defense, and he's never come close to the best DE any given year.

4. I loved Carlos, and even got a little excited seeing him play well. Doesn't excuse anything he did here this year. 

5. Okay maybe it wasn't 4th down, but his bone headedness went with him. 

1. The bashing
2. Not really; he was a top 5 DE every season since 2012 (going off of old PFF Grades).
3. That's only because Geno was here; if Geno wasn't here, he'd 100% be the best player on our D.
4. What does that have to do with the game he had last week? He didn't have 0 stats.
5. lol yes, I don't know what Dre was thinking.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 05:15 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 1. The bashing
2. Not really; he was a top 5 DE every season since 2012 (going off of old PFF Grades).
3. That's only because Geno was here; if Geno wasn't here, he'd 100% be the best player on our D.
4. What does that have to do with the game he had last week? He didn't have 0 stats.
5. lol yes, I don't know what Dre was thinking.

It's not bashing. Its the truth. He was a good DE. He was not consistently great. I think you could argue Nelson and Burfict for some of those years, so probably not every year. I'm sorry you are so hung up on him, but even without the attitude problem he was not untouchable, and his attitude off the field this year just made it easy. I guarantee you if he was as untouchable as you all think he was, he would still be here. GREAT will make things work when everything else around them sucks. Good players, need others around them to be average or good to be good. Thats not a bash, its just being realistic.  
Reply/Quote
I know I'm a few days late to the party, but check out this article and Dunlap's quotes on the differences between the culture and atmosphere in Seattle versus here: https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/article247310459.html

It's nothing new to what former Bengals have said about us once leaving, but it is the first comments (to my recollection) coming from, and out of, the Taylor era Bengals upon departure.

Some excerpts for people who want a tl:dr...

“That was crazy to see a head coach that involved,” Dunlap said. “The whole sideline was like our 12s today. Everybody was locked into the game the whole way through, no matter what was out there. Field goals, everybody was celebrating. Seeing Bobby (Wagner) and Russ (Wilson) running out there after every field goal.”

“This is a whole different environment, man,” the two-time Pro Bowl defensive end in 10 1/2 seasons for the Bengals said.

“The culture here is very lovely. It’s contagious. ...It’s surreal. It’s refreshing.”

“The culture—from upstairs, to the city, to the valet in the hotel I was staying at when they first put me here—how in tune everyone is, how positive everyone is, (it’s) consistently,” he said.

“Even with the way we started off, we had those two losses back to back. Everyone was consistently positive. No one was second-guessing anything. Everybody was honest with themselves, willing to work, acknowledged what we needed to do better. And we worked at it."

“It’s just, all the layers of the culture here, it’s just positive. Believe in it. The leaders, Russ, DB (Duane Brown), and Bobby. They speak it. They follow up. They’re out there on the front lines, doing it with you. They lead the way

“And I’m just trying to find my place.”
Reply/Quote