Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Carlos doesn't see 'the plan'
(03-14-2017, 08:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He should pull a Whit and rally the fanbase by pointing out what a quitter Whit is and that he was a big factor in why we never won while he was here.

Whit left at the end of his contract as a free agent.  Carson pretended to retire and quit on the team.  Big difference.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 09:31 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Whit left at the end of his contract as a free agent.  Carson pretended to retire and quit on the team.  Big difference.

That's probably by Whit is a on a 1-15 team.  Oh well, at least he did right by an owner that doesn't give a crap about winning.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 09:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Unfortunately it'll probably take Dalton or Green saying something to really make any waves. 

I don't know.

We had Palmer, Chad, and even TO be disgruntled and let it be known. Only change was Bob Bratkowski got fired. That's it.

Only the 2nd time Mike Brown has fired an offensive coordinator.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 10:01 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I don't know.

We had Palmer, Chad, and even TO be disgruntled and let it be known. Only change was Bob Bratkowski got fired. That's it.

Only the 2nd time Mike Brown has fired an offensive coordinator.

Marvin Lewis also complained and said he was going to look elsewhere after 2010.  Guess he got what he wanted, because his list of demands disappeared and he's been here since.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 07:41 PM)Housh Wrote: lol haven't improved either line

And we've gotten worse basically everywhere

How we keep getting guys to sign extensions is beyond me

This is different than the past 4 years.

This off season is going to send a message to the players we still have. It's not going to be a good message either.
Reply/Quote
We all know that this will make absolutely no difference in anything the organization does. Each and every player could buy time on the radio, post on social media, take turns giving interviews to every major outlet available, and the Brown family would not alter their approach one tiny bit. If there is one certainty, it is that Mike Brown is devout in his belief in his own abilities.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 10:13 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: We all know that this will make absolutely no difference in anything the organization does.  Each and every player could buy time on the radio, post on social media, take turns giving interviews to every major outlet available, and the Brown family would not alter their approach one tiny bit.  If there is one certainty, it is that Mike Brown is devout in his belief in his own abilities.

I think it's clear Mike Brown just wants to do things his way, and if he wins, so much the better.  If he still thinks there is any reason he is an NFL GM other than the fact that he owns the team then he needs to be put in an old folks home, because that is straight up delusional.

The way I see it, if you are an NFL GM and you can't name a single team that would hire you other than the one you are GM-ing for at this very moment, you shouldn't be a GM.  No way Mike Brown actually thinks his resume would get him a job with any of the 31 other teams.
Reply/Quote
Not dear at all Merv;

You have lost your best players, your locker room, and now the fanbase. Do you still think that you deserve a new contract?

For the love of God please resign,
Signed, the vast majority of your lifelong fanbase.
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown is going back to not spending money so he can recoup the money he spent in the past 6-7 years. Think about it; he's sitting there thinking "Ok, I spent money and still didn't see a playoff win. Why should I continue to pour millions in players when I can replace them for a fraction of the cost now? Spending money didn't work anyway, I may as well try to get some of it back".

Dunlap, Green and Atkins will not be retained when their contracts are up. Just watch.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 10:20 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Not dear at all Merv;

You have lost your best players, your locker room, and now the fanbase. Do you still think that you deserve a new contract?

For the love of God please resign,
                                                                                               Signed, the vast majority of your lifelong fanbase.

I'm not one to defend Marvin Lewis, but I would think stuff like this absolute mass exodus of players during free agency would make him seem like a slightly more sympathetic character.  He's not letting the team walk out the door, is he?
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 10:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not one to defend Marvin Lewis, but I would think stuff like this absolute mass exodus of players during free agency would make him seem like a slightly more sympathetic character.  He's not letting the team walk out the door, is he?

I have zero sympathy for a coach with zero playoff wins in over a decade of tenure. Especially, when that coach has the gall to expect an extension or new contract. That's idiocy! 
Reply/Quote
Keeping Marvin around for what looks to be his third rebuild in fourteen years is an enormous mistake. This team desperately needs a new voice. ****, even Marvin has said that his message has gotten stale. So yes by all means let's keep him. I'm sure he's got something new to say after fourteen ***** years.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 10:38 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Keeping Marvin around for what looks to be his third rebuild in fourteen years is an enormous mistake.  This team desperately needs a new voice.  ****, even Marvin has said that his message has gotten stale.  So yes by all means let's keep him.  I'm sure he's got something new to say after fourteen ***** years.

The message is only stale to tenured players.  If we let them walk and bring in young kids the message is fresh all over again! That's boss level frugality.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
Don't guess Carlos; it's not your role. Your role is to help the team win and get paid about $8 mil to do it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 10:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Don't guess Carlos; it's not your role. Your role is to help the team win and get paid about $8 mil to do it.

Just push that rock Sisyphus, don't worry about where it's going.  Am i right?

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 10:49 PM)Burma Wrote: Just push that rock Sisyphus, don't worry about where it's going.  Am i right?

Of course you're right. If Carlos wants to quit playing and be a GM then he can know the plan. If he wants to continue to be a multi-millionaire just push the rock.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 10:31 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I have zero sympathy for a coach with zero playoff wins in over a decade of tenure. Especially, when that coach has the gall to expect an extension or new contract. That's idiocy! 

I get it, it's just pretty clear most coaches won't be banging down the door to work for an owner/GM who lets players waltz right out the door.  I truly believe Marvin Lewis is the best coach we are going to get in here as long as Mike Brown is deemed sane enough to run the team.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 10:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course you're right. If Carlos wants to quit playing and be a GM then he can know the plan. If he wants to continue to be a multi-millionaire just push the rock.

Why wouldn't he be allowed to have an opinion? I don't get this. 
Reply/Quote
Marvin is a great coach. But has not got over the hump over on playoffs.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 10:57 PM)Passepartout Wrote: Marvin is a great coach. But has not got over the hump over on playoffs.

Hmm, well you're right about one thing.
Reply/Quote