Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Carlos doesn't see 'the plan'
Dear Carlos,

There is only hope -- and hope is not a plan. I'm sorry.

Giancarlo
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I can't blame Carlos for the frustration. There is absolutely no excuse for this performance by the front office.
I am not a big proponent of spending big in free agency but at the same time you have to get quality players and you can do this by not losing any comp picks.
Also if your going to overspend on your own players why overspend on average to below average players instead of All-star players?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 10:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course you're right. If Carlos wants to quit playing and be a GM then he can know the plan. If he wants to continue to be a multi-millionaire just push the rock.

You miss the point. It's not that Carlos is questioning the decisions of the team. It's that a usually quite, soft spoken, yet high character player is starting to lose faith in where this team is heading. It's very telling, in my opinion... We are heading down a familiar dark road to incompetence.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 10:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course you're right. If Carlos wants to quit playing and be a GM then he can know the plan. If he wants to continue to be a multi-millionaire just push the rock.

This team has got a lot of guys just pushing that rock for a paycheck. Makes for a great product.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 10:56 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Why wouldn't he be allowed to have an opinion? I don't get this. 

Didn't say he couldn't have an opinion. Just said it's not his role to understand the plan. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 10:57 PM)Passepartout Wrote: Marvin is a great coach. But has not got over the hump over on playoffs.

Let me have what you're drinking, I wanna get loaded too  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 11:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Didn't say he couldn't have an opinion. Just said it's not his role to understand the plan. 

Is that every NFL franchise or just this one?  I'd actually be curious to see how many players, much less ones who have spent 6+ years and/or their entire careers with one organization, feel they are in the dark regarding the team's plans.

Do you think Dalton and AJ are in on the plan, or at least given some sort of hint?  I would sincerely hope they have some sort of idea what the overall strategy is, here.  Doesn't seem like good business when the most important people in your organization are wondering what the hell is going on.

Anyways, I will say if a guy who has spent his entire career here just shrugs and says "Meh, it's not my job to know what is going on here" that might look pretty bad, too.
Reply/Quote
Carlos Dunlap is one of the best personalities on the team and guys on the team.

I don't know what to say... Bengals gotta have a A+ draft and finish FA strong to contend in the growing AFC.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 10:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I get it, it's just pretty clear most coaches won't be banging down the door to work for an owner/GM who lets players waltz right out the door.  I truly believe Marvin Lewis is the best coach we are going to get in here as long as Mike Brown is deemed sane enough to run the team.

I feel ya Nate, and I'm pretty sure that many believe that. That said, I personally think that's chicken shit, chicken little type thinking.

We had an up and coming coach that could have taken the reins just two seasons ago. Apparently, multi SB winner as a player, perrinal contender, and SB winning GM, John Elway thinks that same guy is the future in Denver.

There are better coaches available than ole Merv and I expect that they can win as many if not more games than he has. Pitt has owned Cincy during his tenure. What's Merv's record against them again? Beating the Browns over the last ten years shouldn't even count. Bama could beat them on a regular.

The unknown always scares or worries many. If a fan is happy with one and done, then they must be a complacent fan.
One and done is no different than 0-17 when it's all said and done. Either way that team didn't win jack squat in the big picture.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 11:02 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: You miss the point. It's not that Carlos is questioning the decisions of the team. It's that a usually quite, soft spoken, yet high character player is starting to lose faith in where this team is heading. It's very telling, in my opinion... We are heading down a familiar dark road to incompetence.

(03-14-2017, 11:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Is that every NFL franchise or just this one?  I'd actually be curious to see how many players, much less ones who have spent 6+ years and/or their entire careers with one organization, feel they are in the dark regarding the team's plans.

Do you think Dalton and AJ are in on the plan, or at least given some sort of hint?  I would sincerely hope they have some sort of idea what the overall strategy is, here.  Doesn't seem like good business when the most important people in your organization are wondering what the hell is going on.

Anyways, I will say if a guy who has spent his entire career here just shrugs and says "Meh, it's not my job to know what is going on here" that might look pretty bad, too.

Let me try to say the same thing again. To know the overall plan of this team is not Dunlap's role; just as it is not Mike Brown's role to sack the QB. Dunlap is a 28 year old football player. 

We don't even know whether or not he's been "left in the dark"; as I would assume he is aware of the moves the team is making.

Just because folks are mad at the team doesn't mean when a player speaks out, in this manner he is right. he is not.

Now if he had said "I'm unhappy with our loses in FA and it does seem we put a priority on winning" then that is an opinion. 

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 11:22 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I feel ya Nate, and I'm pretty sure that many believe that. That said, I personally think that's chicken shit, chicken little type thinking.

We had an up and coming coach that could have taken the reins just two seasons ago. Apparently, multi SB winner as a player, perrinal contender, and SB winning GM, John Elway thinks that same guy is the future in Denver.

There are better coaches available than ole Merv and I expect that they can win as many if not more games than he has. Pitt has owned Cincy during his tenure. What's Merv's record against them again? Beating the Browns over the last ten years shouldn't even count. Bama could beat them on a regular.

The unknown always scares or worries many. If a fan is happy with one and done, then they must be a complacent fan.
One and done is no different than 0-17 when it's all said and done. Either way that team didn't win jack squat in the big picture.

What about this situation is unknown?  We know how Mike Brown operates.  We know what Marvin can and can't do.  We know the way the franchise is run has put an artificial ceiling on many aspects of production/success...and we know that Mike and Marvin are riding things out til death (or retirement) do they part like a couple of cold, old married slugs.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 11:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Let me try to say the same thing again. To know the overall plan of this team is not Dunlap's role; just as it is not Mike Brown's role to sack the QB. Dunlap is a 28 year old football player. 

We don't even know whether or not he's been "left in the dark"; as I would assume he is aware of the moves the team is making.

Just because folks are mad at the team doesn't mean when a player speaks out, in this manner he is right. he is not.

Now if he had said "I'm unhappy with our loses in FA and it does seem we put a priority on winning" then that is an opinion. 

I see... So you're just going to nitpick his choice of words rather than acknowledge the main point of this entire thing. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 11:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Let me try to say the same thing again. To know the overall plan of this team is not Dunlap's role; just as it is not Mike Brown's role to sack the QB. Dunlap is a 28 year old football player. 

So then the simple answer is "It's not my role to know what Mike Brown is doing...but based on the fact that the Mike Brown's performance has been absolute shit since I was in diapers I think I know all I need to have an informed opinion."

Honestly, I think that saying "I don't see the plan here" is a pretty diplomatic thing to say in this situation.
Reply/Quote
"Willard, do you think my methods are unsound?"

"I don't see any 'methods' at all, sir."
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 11:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote:  based on the fact that the Mike Brown's performance has been absolute shit since I was in diapers I think I know all I need to have an informed opinion."

Just 15 months ago we had a roster that could have been a serious championship contender if Dalton had not gotten injured.
Reply/Quote

It's a free country! MB & Merv are not slave masters. He's allowed to speak his mind and if Merv & Son of Paul do not like it, tough! They need Carlos more than he needs them. He can get paid by any other team n the league. Period!!!

Your opinion is just that. Your opinion. Not everyone is a blind follower and not everything you say or believe is gossple. It's YOUR opinion. 

My statement on the other hand is fact!
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 10:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Marvin Lewis also complained and said he was going to look elsewhere after 2010.  Guess he got what he wanted, because his list of demands disappeared and he's been here since.

Marv wanted a practice facility and you can see how far that's gotten 6 years later.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 11:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just 15 months ago we had a roster that could have been a serious championship contender if Dalton had not gotten injured.

I give you a hard time about some of your post but I will also give credit when you are right, and this is spot on. Prior to Dalton's freak injury he was playing like an MVP and this team looked ready to go places.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 11:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just 15 months ago we had a roster that could have been a serious championship contender if Dalton had not gotten injured.

Fake news
Reply/Quote
Ok, Ok I yield. It is the role of a 28 year old Defensive lineman to know the overall plan of the team.

Reply/Quote