Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carlos wants NFL sack record.
From Hobs...

Left end Carlos Dunlap can’t set his goal any higher. He’s shooting for 23 sacks because the NFL record is Michael Strahan’s 22.5 in 2001 for the Giants. Dunlap, who had a career-high 9.5 sacks as a rookie in 2010, says he spent his offseason focusing on his get-off and using a stance that is more “functional than comfortable.”
Reply/Quote
Here's hoping he does just that. With MJ back and Geno being Geno again, maybe it's possible.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
If Carlos breaks the sack record, it'll receive about 1/4 of the coverage that Strahan got.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
It would be amazing to see him do that, heck, I would be thrilled to see him get 14 sacks!

Geno being back to his old form should help astronomically!
Reply/Quote
He has the ability to do it but with Geno, Gilberry, and with Johnson being back I am not sure he can reach those numbers because those guys will get there's as well(if right).
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I had my doubts about Dunlap in the beginning but he's turned into one of my favorite players on the team. Love watching him work hope he can reach those kind of numbers.
Reply/Quote
Always been a huge Dunlap fan. Im a kentucky fan so saw him down in his florida days.. it's a shame the guys hasn't made the pro bowl yet. He's a beast.
Reply/Quote
I remember last year prior to the draft NFL Radio was interviewing a 'Bama FB/TE. They asked him about blocking Clowney. Guy said he hadn't witnessed that combo of size and speed since Carlos Dunlap. Thought it said a lot that Carlos immediately came to they guy's mind. I would love to see what Carlos could do from the blindside.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
How does the studio journalist get it so wrong in the end, saying only two players (Robert Geathers and Alfred Williams) have had double digit sacks since 1992. Errrrrrr, try 2012 when we had 2 in Atkins and MJ. Sheeesh.

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2015, 07:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I remember last year prior to the draft NFL Radio was interviewing a 'Bama FB/TE. They asked him about blocking Clowney. Guy said he hadn't witnessed that combo of size and speed since Carlos Dunlap. Thought it said a lot that Carlos immediately came to they guy's mind. I would love to see what Carlos could do from the blindside.

I think he'd be fine (no pun intended) over there, but I like his athleticism against the big fat RTs.

Dunlap is my favorite Bengal at the moment.  He does so much more than just sack the QB.  He is pretty good at running guys down from behind and turning a 7-8 yrd gain into a 4 yrd gain. He seems to have a knack for stripping the ball, and getting turnovers for himself as well.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Pretty sure that video is from the offseason prior to 2012.

The reason I think that is because at the end, the guy says “a double digit sacker would be the first since Robert Geathers….”etc.

Well, in 2012, MJ and Atkins each had double digit sacks.

Also, he said in 2 seasons, Dunlap has had 14 sacks, coincidentally his total from his first two years. He was drafted in 2010.

Plus, they're talking about being in training camp, but we're not in training camp yet.

Finally, they talk about bringing training camp to downtown, like it's a new thing.

But that happened like 3 years ago.

So either the video is old or those announcers have not looked at stats for a long time.

EDIT: Also, there's this:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp12/story/_/id/8209416/cincinnati-bengals-marvin-lewis-bans-twitter-training-camp

Lewis banned twitter in 2012, not this season.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 08:44 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Pretty sure that video is from the offseason prior to 2012.

The reason I think that is because at the end, the guy says “a double digit sacker would be the first since Robert Geathers….”etc.

Well, in 2012, MJ and Atkins each had double digit sacks.

Also, he said in 2 seasons, Dunlap has had 14 sacks. He was drafted in 2010.

Plus, they're talking about being in training camp, but we're not in training camp yet.

Finally, they talk about bringing training camp to downtown, like it's a new thing.

But that happened like 3 years ago.

So either the video is old or those announcers have not looked at stats for a long time.

EDIT: Also, there's this:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp12/story/_/id/8209416/cincinnati-bengals-marvin-lewis-bans-twitter-training-camp

Lewis banned twitter in 2012, not this season.

I think you are right, I just watched it and assumed it was current. Though I did think one of the guys carring the ball looked like Bernard Scott haha.

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 08:49 AM)BritishBengal Wrote: I think you are right, I just watched it and assumed it was current. Though I did think one of the guys carring the ball looked like Bernard Scott haha.

I also saw Bernard Scott and became suspect of the video.

I'm sure Dunlap still has the same lofty goals tho Smirk
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2015, 04:36 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: If Carlos breaks the sack record, it'll receive about 1/4 of the coverage that Strahan got.

I dont care it will be fun to watch...

Now lets say dunlap achieves this goal of 23 sacks this season

How many then would we think Geno and MJ and the rest combine for?

Whats the NFL single season sack record for an entire team?
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 12:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I dont care it will be fun to watch...

Now lets say dunlap achieves this goal of 23 sacks this season

How many then would we think Geno and MJ and the rest combine for?

Whats the NFL single season sack record for an entire team?
72 by the 85 Bears.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure I've ever watched another D-lineman be so very close so very many times and just come up a teeny tiny tad short of a sack so many times.

What is stopping him ? Bad luck ? The football gods ? Not holding his mouth right ? Half a step, no a quarter of a step faster on so many plays and his sack numbers are doubled.

I fully believe he can be a truly elite DE !
Reply/Quote
Carlos keep up the enthusiasm!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2015, 06:09 PM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: I had my doubts about Dunlap in the beginning but he's turned into one of my favorite players on the team.

I am the exact opposite.  after his rookie season I was convinced that he was about to become one of the best DEs in the entire league.  I still think he is pretty damn good, but not as good as i expected after that rookie season.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 08:49 AM)BritishBengal Wrote: I think you are right, I just watched it and assumed it was current. Though I did think one of the guys carring the ball looked like Bernard Scott haha.

Yeah, Hob's tweeted about Dunlap's goal yesterday, and wrote about in Camp Hits on Bengals.com. I saw a link in one of the re-tweets and just assumed it was a correct link. I didn't take the time to watch the whole thing, which I guess I should've. LOL
Reply/Quote
And I hope he gets his wish.

Of course, I guess I would be happy with 15 sacks
Reply/Quote