Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carman At Guard- Consulted Willie Anderson
PA was on Sirius today talking to PK and Milz and ironically enough the topic was switching positions/sides on oline.

He said the first thing is the coach absolutely has to make the player believe he can do it; even it he's unsure. Leave no doubt

The biggest issue it they get "lost in space" and feel "clumsy"

It's not as drastic as learning bat from the different side or right with the different hand. It's more like teaching yourself to do routine tasks such as open doors with the other hand.

He says he teaches is "backwards", because the player is "backwards" He'll teach finishing the block first. then go to mechanics. and finally to stance.

The eyes and hands are harder to train than the feet.

He ended by saying "Tell anyone on Message Boards that question his acumen to kick rocks"......Ok I made that last part up
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2021, 08:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: PA was on Sirius today talking to PK and Milz and ironically enough the topic was switching positions/sides on oline.

He said the first thing is the coach absolutely has to make the player believe he can do it; even it he's unsure. Leave no doubt

The biggest issue it they get "lost in space" and feel "clumsy"

It's not as drastic as learning bat from the different side or right with the different hand. It's more like teaching yourself to do routine tasks such as open doors with the other hand.

He says he teaches is "backwards", because the player is "backwards" He'll teach finishing the block first. then go to mechanics. and finally to stance.

The eyes and hands are harder to train than the feet.

He ended by saying "Tell anyone on Message Boards that question his acumen to kick rocks"......Ok I made that last part up

Unironically, he claimed switching Stacy Andrews worked out great. LMAO.

He also claimed he drafted him.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2021, 08:58 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Unironically, he claimed switching Stacy Andrews worked out great. LMAO.

He also claimed he drafted him.

Considering Andrews was drafted by the Bengals, how is that statement incorrect?
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2021, 05:44 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I'll repost, but nicer, since there's a mystery moderator (it's obvious who it is) that allows snarky posts they agree with and then silently deletes the snarky posts they don't without saying a word....

Try controlling your emotions and stop insulting people?

Quote:Here you go. Now you have heard two reports of Cowboys players whining about PA.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloggingtheboys.com/platform/amp/2018/11/1/18050842/cowboys-offensive-line-acknowledges-their-own-culpability-in-paul-alexander-firing-vow-to-fix-it

Okay, let’s take a look at the quotes.

Quote: “At the end of the day our room wasn’t performing up to the standard that we set the last few years,” Martin said. “I want to reiterate, this was not a one-man problem. We have to play better. Obviously, you can’t just switch everything, especially for some of the younger guys.

“But I think we will kind of implement some of the stuff we’ve done in the past and use some stuff we’ve done recently, too. Any time you do a new technique it’s going to be a tough transition especially with what we’ve done over the past few years. But I don’t want to put the blame on that. It’s not one guy’s one new technique. We weren’t playing up to the standard that we had.

Quote: “It’s always great seeing an old face,” Smith said. “Hud knows me more than anybody. He helped out a lot my first year. He’ll be a big help. [Colombo] knows, as a player, what we need and what we need to get fixed and we trust him and it’s going to be a good process. It’s a big opportunity for Colombo. We’ll move forward and get this thing right.”

Quote: “If you look at the tape, some of our problems on offense have definitely been up front so it’s something we have to address,” Martin said. “I know Coach Colombo is extremely excited to start working with us full-go. We’re very excited to have Colombo in our room because we’re very used to what he brings.”

Quote: “I don’t think it’ll be that much of a change,” he said. “It’s more so just us being able to do a lot of different things that we’ve done in the past, just kind of getting back to us playing at a high level and being more effective.”

Wow, they complained so incessantly that they failed to mention Alexander’s name a single time.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2021, 09:30 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Considering Andrews was drafted by the Bengals, how is that statement incorrect?

It was suggested to me by another poster that Alexander wasn’t that involved in scouting the offensive linemen the Bengals drafted.

(05-17-2021, 08:36 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Who knows why the Bengals got rid if Paul Alexander after 24 years. I would imagine multiple reasons. None of which involved his just forgetting how to evaluate NFL talent..... which wasn't his primary job. Back on topic (without hurting feelings as best I can! Apologies to all!)

PA evaluated the guys that the scouting department passed and put in front of him. As a coach, he's not out there going through years worth of college tape and flying to a bunch of college games to evaluate guys. He typically got 1 or 2 limited workouts and some interviews and sometimes not even that, unless he was doing the Senior Bowl.

This idea that he got every prospect he wanted and none he didn't is a fairy tale. Even the head coach got trumped by Scouts, Tobin, &/or Mike Brown. The Ross pick is a great example of that. PA was not running the Bengals drafts.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2021, 10:17 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Try controlling your emotions and stop insulting people?

Okay, let’s take a look at the quotes.

Wow, they complained so incessantly that they failed to mention Alexander’s name a single time.

- I respond to people as they respond to me or others. If you want people to be nice to you... be nice to them.

- You left a lot out of the article, such as context, and the reporter filling in the blanks.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2021, 11:43 PM)PDub80 Wrote: - I respond to people as they respond to me or others. If you want people to be nice to you... be nice to them.

I don’t care if you’re nice to me, but it’s not my posts getting deleted before I have chance to even read ‘em.

Quote:- You left a lot out of the article, such as context, and the reporter filling in the blanks.

Yeah, I only included the player’s actual quotes. Feel free to point out the incessant whining about Paul Alexander. Might want to start where one player refused to blame it on one person. That one person being Paul Alexander. How’s that for context for ya?
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2021, 12:41 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I don’t care if you’re nice to me, but it’s not my posts getting deleted before I have chance to even read ‘em.

Yeah, I only included the player’s actual quotes. Feel free to point out the incessant whining about Paul Alexander. Might want to start where one player refused to blame it on one person. That one person being Paul Alexander. How’s that for context for ya?

Players and coaches say things and reporters hear things off the record all the time. The writer reported and wrote what he wrote. You have NOTHING to counter the article other than not being spoon fed direct quotes.

You said you hadn't heard any other source about Dallas players not liking or complaining about PA, essentially accusing another member if making it up. I gave you one.... so, he didn't.

Same deal with the Bengals reporters reporting on Marvin Lewis not wanting Ross. They and the Dallas article writer reported what they reported and you want to question and not believe them without direct quotes from sources... Oooooooook.

These writers are respected, accredited, journalists that cover the team/sports. If you're going to accuse them of not having accurate information, lacking journalistic integrity, or not checking/having sources, you need to say why and provide your own sources as to why you have that opinion. If you don't/can't, you're just being argumentative to save face because you don't like how you feel when you're wrong.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2021, 08:05 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Players and coaches say things and reporters hear things off the record all the time. The writer reported and wrote what he wrote. You have NOTHING to counter the article other than not being spoon fed direct quotes.

You said you hadn't heard any other source about Dallas players not liking or complaining about PA, essentially accusing another member if making it up. I gave you one.... so, he didn't.

Same deal with the Bengals reporters reporting on Marvin Lewis not wanting Ross. They and the Dallas article writer reported what they reported and you want to question and not believe them without direct quotes from sources... Oooooooook.

These writers are respected, accredited, journalists that cover the team/sports. If you're going to accuse them of not having accurate information, lacking journalistic integrity, or not checking/having sources, you need to say why and provide your own sources as to why you have that opinion. If you don't/can't, you're just being argumentative to save face because you don't like how you feel when you're wrong.

Look, you provided one article from a blogger for SB Nation named David Halprin.

https://www.sbnation.com/authors/david-halprin

If you want to write for SB Nation, you can.

https://www.sbnation.com/pages/openings

Good ol’ David didn’t conduct any of those player interviews. He plagiarized those quotes directly from another source without properly, or even improperly, citing his sources. How much context can David give me from reading another person’s article written the day before his? None. Players and coaches might say things during those interviews, but David Halprin sure as shit didn’t hear any of what may or may not have been said because David Halprin wasn’t there. However, three out of three players interviewed didn’t blame Paul Alexander. Not blaming someone is a really funny way of incessantly complaining. But, even if you’ve got three complaints, that still doesn’t rise to the level of incessant whining.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2021, 10:12 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Look, you provided one article from a blogger for SB Nation named David Halprin.

https://www.sbnation.com/authors/david-halprin

If you want to write for SB Nation, you can.

https://www.sbnation.com/pages/openings

Good ol’ David didn’t conduct any of those player interviews. He plagiarized those quotes directly from another source without properly, or even improperly, citing his sources. How much context can David give me from reading another person’s article written the day before his? None. Players and coaches might say things during those interviews, but David Halprin sure as shit didn’t hear any of what may or may not have been said because David Halprin wasn’t there. However, three out of three players interviewed didn’t blame Paul Alexander. Not blaming someone is a really funny way of incessantly complaining. But, even if you’ve got three complaints, that still doesn’t rise to the level of incessant whining.

- Discussing PA and the Cowboys players not liking his ideas on how to play OL

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/blue-star/jjt-cowboys-fire-offensive-live-coach-paul-alexander/263322/

A quote from the article
[color=rgba(13, 13, 13, 0.9)]La'El Collins, who has committed a team-high seven penalties, has been among the most disappointing players on the offensive line. The Cowboys say he's struggled most with Alexander's style because he's an aggressive player by nature.[/color]

[color=rgba(13, 13, 13, 0.9)]If you think the Cowboys O linemen were just sitting quietly about this and not talking to people in the organization that they didn't like what Alexander was teaching, I don't know what else to tell you. Quotes like this are in several different articles and easy to piece together.... and I haven't even begun to get into audio clips and media coverage from interviews.[/color]

[color=rgba(13, 13, 13, 0.901960784313726)]Couple that with Alexander's own interview quotes as well as quotes from players in other articles essentially [/color][color=rgba(13, 13, 13, 0.901960784313726)]saying that the they didn't want to change styles and you can understand a [/color]volatile[color=rgba(13, 13, 13, 0.901960784313726)] situation leading up to Alexander being fired.[/color]

FWIW, I don't disagree that PA's idea on line play/technique fits todays NFL.... Circling back to the original discussion: THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH EVALUATING COLLEGE TALENT FOR DRAFT POSITION. You're just grasping at any straw in hopes to have some semblance of being right - and it's POSSIBLE that you are in some aspects. For the most part, you've been shown multiple times that the sky is (more than likely) blue, yet keep insisting it's definitively green.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2021, 12:11 PM)PDub80 Wrote: - Discussing PA and the Cowboys players not liking his ideas on how to play OL

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/blue-star/jjt-cowboys-fire-offensive-live-coach-paul-alexander/263322/

A quote from the article
[color=rgba(13, 13, 13, 0.9)]La'El Collins, who has committed a team-high seven penalties, has been among the most disappointing players on the offensive line. The Cowboys say he's struggled most with Alexander's style because he's an aggressive player by nature.[/color]

[color=rgba(13, 13, 13, 0.9)]If you think the Cowboys O linemen were just sitting quietly about this and not talking to people in the organization that they didn't like what Alexander was teaching, I don't know what else to tell you. Quotes like this are in several different articles and easy to piece together.... and I haven't even begun to get into audio clips and media coverage from interviews.[/color]

[color=rgba(13, 13, 13, 0.901960784313726)]Couple that with Alexander's own interview quotes as well as quotes from players in other articles essentially [/color][color=rgba(13, 13, 13, 0.901960784313726)]saying that the they didn't want to change styles and you can understand a [/color]volatile[color=rgba(13, 13, 13, 0.901960784313726)] situation leading up to Alexander being fired.[/color]

FWIW, I don't disagree that PA's idea on line play/technique fits todays NFL.... Circling back to the original discussion: THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH EVALUATING COLLEGE TALENT FOR DRAFT POSITION. You're just grasping at any straw in hopes to have some semblance of being right - and it's POSSIBLE that you are in some aspects. For the most part, you've been shown multiple times that the sky is (more than likely) blue, yet keep insisting it's definitively green.

You’ve gone from quoting three players not blaming Alexander to an anonymous source who commented Collins struggled. That’s a statement of fact; not even a complaint, let alone incessant whining by the offensive lineman.

And keep in mind, those players were answering questions asked of them about Alexander’s firing. It seems anyone answering a question about Alexander’s firing is, by some weird definition, considered an incessant whiner for answering a question in an interview and telling the interviewer it wasn’t Alexander’s fault and they need to play better.
Reply/Quote
Y'all need to post better.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote