Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carman and Perine have Covid
(10-14-2021, 12:01 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I don't know what's sadder, those stats of his or the fact that we drafted him.

Michigan isn't what it once was.

He was what, a 6th round pick? Why is that sad? It's not like they drafted with one of their early picks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 02:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The fact that you could not find Perine's highlights says a lot about your knowledge of college football.

Perine' s best SINGLE GAME in college he gained 427 rushing yards  Evans best SEASON in college he gained 685 yards.

Evans had three 100 yard games in 4 seasons with zero 200 yard games.  Perine had fifteen 100 yard games in just 3 years with 6 over 200 yards.

Evans was a back up to scrubs like. De'Veon Smith, Karan Higdon, and Hassan Haskins.

Perine played ahead of a guy who had a couple of 1100 yard seasons in the NFL.

Evans lost a season for being academically ineligible.  That's a big reason I wasn't enamored with the pick.  That's pretty much a sure sign that he ran afoul of the coach, because that stuff would be taken care of if he was in Harbaugh's good graces.

Though Perrine is not very good as a pro player.  I mean, that TD against GB 2 guys went with Chase, leaving him totally uncovered, Chase gives him a pick, and he still barely made it.  He had some good runs, but any DC in the NFL is going to tell you "You want to beat me with Samaje Perrine?  Knock yourself out."
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 12:01 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I don't know what's sadder, those stats of his or the fact that we drafted him.

Michigan isn't what it once was.

Why would it be sad that we drafted him? Especially in the 6th round. They clearly view him as more of weapon in the passing game, than as a runner. And that’s fine. You get a handful of nice plays out of him a game he’ll be well worth a 6th round pick. Those picks are usually backups, ST, or don’t even make the roster.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 12:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why would it be sad that we drafted him? Especially in the 6th round. They clearly view him as more of weapon in the passing game, than as a runner. And that’s fine. You get a handful of nice plays out of him a game he’ll be well worth a 6th round pick. Those picks are usually backups, ST, or don’t even make the roster.

Agree, not like he was taken in 1st 3 rounds..
Reply/Quote
Any update on their Status?
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 12:17 AM)Earendil Wrote: He was what, a 6th round pick? Why is that sad? It's not like they drafted with one of their early picks.

For a 6th round pick we should be able to get a player who can rush for 1k is a single season.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2021, 07:43 PM)BengalChris Wrote: For a 6th round pick we should be able to get a player who can rush for 1k is a single season.

My sarcasm detector must be broken. 6th rounders are lucky to make the team.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 11:13 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Hope Evans comes in and lights the world on fire for Bengals and forces his way into line-up.  

Yet don't get all the venom spit towards Perine on this board. Especially after a solid game.

I think he's a solid back up but people are more focused on him because of his bad pass blocking early in his tenure here.

Nothing really flashy about Perine either.  Downhill runner who has made a few catches as well.

Evans appears to have a spark but that fan enthusiasm could fade quickly if he has a poor outing today.

Just another guy off the bench who is the underdog and a hidden gem until more is known.  
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote