Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carman and Perine have Covid
Uggh… real potential for this to blow up some more.

Wonder if it affects their approach to practice at all. We need to be focused this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 02:48 PM)Tony Wrote: There is a reason Zack didn't run more.. The reason is Perine sucks.. He fumbles a lot too.. I think if Mixon was healthy, they pound it more and it's a totally different game. They were 2 pass happy yesterday and Joe's throat and head paid for it..

He had a solid game yesterday.. average 5.4 yards in 11 carries, also caught 4 passes, one TD.. no drops, no penalities no fumbles.. gave up a sack when he could not handle a LB.. overall solid job...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Any back NOT gaining 100+ yards every game is suddenly dog s**T? None of the backs are particularly good at picking up blitzes and blocking in general, but Perine can at least run the ball with some authority and catch it.. Some of you expect every player on the team to be in the hall of fame from day one or they're just garbage..  What a dumb way to think of players..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 08:39 PM)grampahol Wrote: Any back NOT gaining 100+ yards every game is suddenly dog s**T? None of the backs are particularly good at picking up blitzes and blocking in general, but Perine can at least run the ball with some authority and catch it.. Some of you expect every player on the team to be in the hall of fame from day one or they're just garbage..  What a dumb way to think of players..

They drafted a decent RB. One who is very versatile.. Perine hopefully will be gone sooner than later...Perine can't block to save his life for a bigger back. I just didn't see the need to sign the guy. He's a fumbler too..
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 08:44 PM)Tony Wrote: They drafted a decent RB. One who is very versatile.. Perine hopefully will be gone sooner than later...Perine can't block to save his life for a bigger back. I just didn't see the need to sign the guy. He's a fumbler too..

What play did he fumble on, yesterday?  Dude had a pretty good game, save for one pass blocking play.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 08:44 PM)Tony Wrote: They drafted a decent RB. One who is very versatile.. Perine hopefully will be gone sooner than later...Perine can't block to save his life for a bigger back. I just didn't see the need to sign the guy. He's a fumbler too..

He has 2 fumbles (314 career touches) and those came as a rookie in 2017 when he had 175 carries.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 08:50 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: He has 2 fumbles (314 career touches) and those came as a rookie in 2017 when he had 175 carries.

He fumbled in pre season too.. I just think they can get more out of Evans... Perine is as bland as it gets ..
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 08:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What play did he fumble on, yesterday?  Dude had a pretty good game, save for one pass blocking play.

He's just not that good. Evans could be very good. He flashed a lot in college and pre season. Get him out there on a LB and throw him the ball and run it with him.. I hate that just cuz they paid Perine, Evans gets screwed with touches. It's obvious Evans is better..
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 08:55 PM)Tony Wrote: He fumbled in pre season too.. I just think they can get more out of Evans... Perine is as bland as it gets ..

Yeah, I'd like to see Evans start getting some carries soon. I think he could be a dynamic change of pace guy.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 07:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope, it only changes based on how much we like the player in question..

Or coach. My feelings on Taylor would get me reported.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 09:13 PM)Destro Wrote: Or coach. My feelings on Taylor would get me reported.

Nah, they'd get you rep points..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Perine is averaging 4.3 yards a carry, he may not be good at pass protection but the narrative he “sucks” is a comically bad take.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 02:15 PM)Tony Wrote: And so it begins...

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1447608248396353546?t=bqiMFam11GbtyW8MxABnVA&s=19

[Image: zdQkwp.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 08:55 PM)Tony Wrote: He fumbled in pre season too.. I just think they can get more out of Evans... Perine is as bland as it gets ..

I wi take bland all day if it means over 5 a carry , 4 catches and a TD.
Reply/Quote
Perine is a good bruiser and he compliments Mixon well. Both could work on their blocking.

Evans should get runs strictly because he is only in on passing plays and a run here and there would keep the defense in a guessing game instead of "They're passing on this play".
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 08:58 PM)Tony Wrote: He's just not that good. Evans could be very good. He flashed a lot in college and pre season. Get him out there on a LB and throw him the ball and run it with him.. I hate that just cuz they paid Perine, Evans gets screwed with touches. It's obvious Evans is better..

Evans did not "flash a lot" in college.  His best rushing season was 685 yards and his best receiving season was 157 yards.

Here is a comparison between Perine's FRESHMAN SEASON at Oklahoma compared to Evans ENTIRE CAREER at Michigan

Perine.....1713 rush yards, 21 tds, 6.5 avg
Evans.....1795 rush yards, 15 tds, 5.6 avg

I am not a huge fan of Perine.  And I am not trying to bash Evans.  I'd love to see Chris develop into a good third down back.  But the amount of love he gets around here for doing nothing ion college is a bit ridiculous at times.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 09:13 PM)Destro Wrote: Or coach. My feelings on Taylor would get me reported.

I think I may have missed it, but you want to give Taylor a 10 year extension, right? Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 09:26 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Evans did not "flash a lot" in college.  His best rushing season was 685 yards and his best receiving season was 157 yards.

Here is a comparison between Perine's FRESHMAN SEASON at Oklahoma compared to Evans ENTIRE CAREER at Michigan

I am not a huge fan of Perine.  And I am not trying to bash Evans.  I'd love to see Chris develop into a good third down back.  But the amount of love he gets around here for doing nothing ion college is a bit ridiculous at times.

But, fred, dude has the same name as the actor that played Captain America!!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 09:26 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Evans did not "flash a lot" in college.  His best rushing season was 685 yards and his best receiving season was 157 yards.

I'm not a huge Perine guy either, but he was an absolute MONSTER in college. 
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 11:44 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I think I may have missed it, but you want to give Taylor a 10 year extension, right? Ninja

Sick
Reply/Quote