Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carolina/Redskins
Dear lord the redskins are getting raped by the refs.

Phantom calls all over the place. Took back a pick 6 .... Then on the same drive gave Carolina 3 first downs from DPI and holding.

Let them play. Would be a great game of the refs let them play.
Reply/Quote
Yep. It is pretty clear the zebras have directions this year to do whatever it takes to make Carolina look good. Also the Skins are awful with three unforced turnovers in one half.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Was 14-14 then the crazy calls started.

When they took away the pick 6 for wash.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 04:57 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Was 14-14 then the crazy calls started.  

When they took away the pick 6 for wash.

How was that a crazy call?  Dude clearly hit a defenseless receiver in the head.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 05:50 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: How was that a crazy call?  Dude clearly hit a defenseless receiver in the head.

Hit him in the chest.   Upper chest .... But still the chest.

No way was he defenseless receiver . He was bobbling the ball. Facing the defender, he saw it coming.
Reply/Quote
I will also add this.... I think the defensless receiver is a bs call in any example. I can see it for the hard hits. But this wasn't one of them.

Between defenseless player and concussion protocol they have ruined the league.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 05:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Hit him in the chest.   Upper chest .... But still the chest.

No way was he defenseless receiver . He was bobbling the ball.  Facing the defender, he saw it coming.

Dude hit him in the head with his helmet...

here you can see the only part of the defender hitting Olsen in the shoulder is his hand.  The defenders head and right shoulder is clearly hitting Olsen's helmet.

http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/sporting_news/24/13/redskins-panthers-chris-culliver-112215-twitter-ftr_1hshtd0huo8u6165601zsv5bkf.jpg?t=812024041

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 05:58 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Between defenseless player and concussion protocol they have ruined the league.

Only for people who just watch for the brain injuries.

Hasn't ruined anything for me.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 06:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Only for people who just watch for the brain injuries.

Ditto.

There's still plenty of hard hits.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
[Image: tumblr_mtn6at2ZKX1rfwfq9o1_1280.jpg]
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 06:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Only for people who just watch for the brain injuries.

I just feel the game is micromanaged now. The coaches can't coach them, they can't meet with them in the offseason. Now you can only hit low on fear of a call for "defenseless player" and concussion protocol is a two week injury now at least.

When players know the risks already .... The player should get the option to play if they choose. They do it for any other injury. They should be able to waive the concussion protocol at their own risk.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 06:08 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Dude hit him in the head with his helmet...

here you can see the only part of the defender hitting Olsen in the shoulder is his hand.  The defenders head and right shoulder is clearly hitting Olsen's helmet.

http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/sporting_news/24/13/redskins-panthers-chris-culliver-112215-twitter-ftr_1hshtd0huo8u6165601zsv5bkf.jpg?t=812024041

From the other side you see his forearm on olsons chest . That's first contact. I don't think that makes the helmet relevant. Had he led with the helmet that would be different. I would like to compare the other angle to your photo.

I know big hits are an issue. I just think it's overblown.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 07:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: From the other side you see his forearm on olsons chest .  That's first contact.   I don't think that makes the helmet relevant.   Had he led with the helmet that would be different.    I would like to compare the other angle to your photo.  

I know big hits are an issue.  I just think it's overblown.

It doesn't matter about his forearm.  He can not make contact with the defenseless receiver in the head or neck area.  he did, it was a correct call by the reffs.

Reply/Quote
Lol...i just watched the play again...his forearm hits Olson right in the head...not the chest.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 09:08 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Lol...i just watched the play again...his forearm hits Olson right in the head...not the chest.

Didn't seem that way when it was on earlier. Either way it's a soft rule. He should be live game when he is bobbling the ball.

Shouldn't be 7-on-7
Reply/Quote