Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caroline Blackburn
Caroline is sweet. BOMP, BOMP, BOM.

Good times never seemed so good.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You can rest assured both young ladies will receive the best education money can buy.. Unless the family fortune gets spent on hard drugs in a really expensive trailer park I kind of doubt there will any Sinclair Community College grads between them..  Mike is an Ivy League trained lawyer and his daughter is too.. I kind of have a feeling the kids aren't going to just drop out and squander the goose that laid the golden eggs..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2022, 03:47 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Football is football, business is business.

You can make the very weak argument that Mike Brown is a good businessman, but I don't even think you can successfully do that.

It's amazing how the last 2 years have wiped away the previous 30 when it comes to how poorly this team was run from the top.  Thank God he's given others some control over some of the operations

Businesswise he kept the sharks away from the team.  Daddy Paul made sure to that and sent him to Yale to study law.. The team was never in danger of folding or having a hostile takeover.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2022, 07:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Caroline is sweet. BOMP, BOMP, BOM.

Good times never seemed so good.

Too bad we're old and not filthy rich, huh?  Does she like really older broke men? LOL

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2022, 08:22 PM)grampahol Wrote: You can rest assured both young ladies will receive the best education money can buy.. Unless the family fortune gets spent on hard drugs in a really expensive trailer park I kind of doubt there will any Sinclair Community College grads between them..  Mike is an Ivy League trained lawyer and his daughter is too.. I kind of have a feeling the kids aren't going to just drop out and squander the goose that laid the golden eggs..  

Elizabeth has a BA in Engineering and Economics from Dartmouth.  Caroline broke from the family Dartmouth tradition and received her degree in Public Policy from Duke.

Both attended Cincinnati Country Day School

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2022, 03:47 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Football is football, business is business.

You can make the very weak argument that Mike Brown is a good businessman, but I don't even think you can successfully do that.

It's amazing how the last 2 years have wiped away the previous 30 when it comes to how poorly this team was run from the top.  Thank God he's given others some control over some of the operations

It's weird. The Steelers on the other hand have been mediocre for 10 years or so and had little playoff success, but their fans act like they win the SB every year.

Burrow changed things here. Pretty sure the Brown family thought they'd hire a young offensive mind and he'd inject life into the franchise and start winning with Dalton at QB. Things just got so bad, they ended up with Burrow.

Ie Ineptness led to luck. Although, I guess that's probably the case most times a team gets the #1 pick.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2022, 09:08 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's weird. The Steelers on the other hand have been mediocre for 10 years or so and had little playoff success, but their fans act like they win the SB every year.

Burrow changed things here. Pretty sure the Brown family thought they'd hire a young offensive mind and he'd inject life into the franchise and start winning with Dalton at QB. Things just got so bad, they ended up with Burrow.

Ie Ineptness led to luck. Although, I guess that's probably the case most times a team gets the #1 pick.

It is very obvious that Mike Brown is not a competitive person, plain and simple. I don’t know how long he lives but clearly the granddaughters are important to him. They’ve obviously had a tremendous effect. They interviewed Taylor and were impressed. But so were the Cardinals and Broncos. He’s their type and vice a versa.

I think that the Bengals are going to be solid for awhile.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2022, 09:26 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: It is very obvious that Mike Brown is not a competitive person, plain and simple.

I don't know how you can ascertain this. I've seen plenty of comments from him that make me believe he is very competitive, but just incompetent. Stubborn as well. 
Reply/Quote
Kudos to the Blackburn women for what they’re doing to make this franchise and team a great place.
Also kudos to Mr Brown for reaslising* he needed to move forward into a modern era.
And also for his genetics in breeding a good looking daughter that had gorgeous girls.
Reply/Quote
I still maintain that if Taylor and Co weren't so bad that we got the 1st pick and Burrow...none of this other stuff matters.

We'd have Andy Dalton and be going 7-9.

Maybe Bill Walsh isn't an all-time great without Montana though.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2022, 02:05 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I don't know how you can ascertain this. I've seen plenty of comments from him that make me believe he is very competitive, but just incompetent. Stubborn as well. 

Fair enough I don’t know the history as well as many of you.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Not even the Blackburn sisters could change the outcome of this one...
Reply/Quote