Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carrier Gone
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2016/01/15/adam-jones-apologizes-antonio-brown-bengals-coaching-changes/78869398/
Reply/Quote
Wow, He left.

This is insane.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 08:32 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2016/01/15/adam-jones-apologizes-antonio-brown-bengals-coaching-changes/78869398/

What is going on?  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah he was the worst coach we had. Plus he hampered the ability to hire a true DB coach.

Or they will try and hire two guys.
Reply/Quote
Would they have all stayed if Marvin left, xD
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 08:37 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Would they have all stayed if Marvin left, xD

We may never ever know... Ninja
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 08:37 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Would they have all stayed if Marvin left, xD

Doubt it, Marvin brought them here.
Reply/Quote
I can't tell if guys are jumping ship, or if Marvin is letting them save face as he looks to infuse new blood... Hue got a promotion. So did VJ. Burke followed his friend. That all jives as totally normal...

Hayes and Carrier are different. Hayes is a lifelong Marvin friend taking a lateral move. Carrier is leaving without a clear destination...

My guess is Carrier was told he wouldn't be coming back, but Hayes is a stumper for me,
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 08:36 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah he was the worst coach we had.   Plus he hampered the ability to hire a true DB coach.  

Or they will try and hire two guys.

Ridiculous. The worst coach we have is Lewis, followed by Alexander, then Jonathan Hayes, then Carrier only because everybody else already left. There is absolutely no evidence to your continued claim that Carrier is a bad coach.
Reply/Quote
Double yikes.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 08:59 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Ridiculous. The worst coach we have is Lewis, followed by Alexander, then Jonathan Hayes, then Carrier only because everybody else already left. There is absolutely no evidence to your continued claim that Carrier is a bad coach.

Vance was the Corner coach, Carrier the S coach.

Have the safeties become a strong point or are they still a weak point?

'nuff said

(I'm agreeing with you)
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
probably quit when he wasn't handed the DB coach job
Reply/Quote
Fired.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Exodus
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 08:59 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Ridiculous. The worst coach we have is Lewis, followed by Alexander, then Jonathan Hayes, then Carrier only because everybody else already left. There is absolutely no evidence to your continued claim that Carrier is a bad coach.

(01-15-2016, 09:03 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Vance was the Corner coach, Carrier the S coach.

Have the safeties become a strong point or are they still a weak point?

'nuff said

(I'm agreeing with you)

Alexander coaches 5 guys and has a pro bowler, the top RT free agent, zeitler is amoung the best young guards and boling was highly sought after last year.

Jon Hayes has had pro bowlers in Gresham and Eifert. And has brought along Kroft well.

Marvin has turned around a franchise from nothing to something.

As for Carrier ..... Was the jets DE coach and came here to be DB coach but failed. He isn't a technically sound coach. Illoka even mentions that VJ did everything for him. He didn't say he would follow carrier wherever he goes.
Reply/Quote
This is looking more like Mike Brown wanted some heads to roll for the late game lack of composure, but didn't want to can his boy Marv.

I bet Pacman won't be back either. (I'm not saying these things should happen, just guessing here).

Burfict will be safe because that's Marv's guy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Carrier was DB coach between Coyle and VJ.

There was a reason we hired VJ.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 08:51 PM)gobobro Wrote: I can't tell if guys are jumping ship, or if Marvin is letting them save face as he looks to infuse new blood... Hue got a promotion. So did VJ. Burke followed his friend. That all jives as totally normal...

Hayes and Carrier are different. Hayes is a lifelong Marvin friend taking a lateral move. Carrier is leaving without a clear destination...

My guess is Carrier was told he wouldn't be coming back, but Hayes is a stumper for me,

Would you rather live in Tampa bay or Cincinnati?

I must say this is odd considering their record though.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 11:40 PM)moemoron Wrote: Would you rather live in Tampa bay or Cincinnati?

I must say this is odd considering their record though.

Maybe he saw no way to be a DC here and Koetter promised him to be the next DC in Tampa once Mike Smith gets his next job.
Reply/Quote
Forgot he was even on the team.

Whatever.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote