Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carrier Gone
Maybe we are looking at coaches still in the playoffs, even a Cord. for a HC, would be nice.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 11:40 PM)moemoron Wrote: Would you rather live in Tampa bay or Cincinnati?

I must say this is odd considering their record though.

Plus no state taxes. 

Still a very odd move though. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 11:43 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Maybe he saw no way to be a DC here and Koetter promised him to be the next DC in Tampa once Mike Smith gets his next job.

I think this is the likely reason.  Hayes has been the Bengals DL coach for 13 years.  Maybe he wanted the Linebackers job as a next step or maybe he figures with Haslett in that role he's got no chance at succeeding Geunther if he ends up the next Bengals coordinater to get a HC job.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 11:32 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Alexander coaches 5 guys and has a pro bowler, the top RT free agent, zeitler is amoung the best young guards and boling was highly sought after last year.  

Jon Hayes has had pro bowlers in Gresham and Eifert.   And has brought along Kroft well.  

Marvin has turned around a franchise from nothing to something.  

As for Carrier ..... Was the jets DE coach and came here to be DB coach but failed.   He isn't a technically sound coach.   Illoka even mentions that VJ did everything for him.     He didn't say he would follow carrier wherever he goes.

He wasn't a technically sound player either.  All he could do was spear guys, and it ultimately he was out of the NFL for it.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 08:59 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Ridiculous. The worst coach we have is Lewis, followed by Alexander, then Jonathan Hayes, then Carrier only because everybody else already left. There is absolutely no evidence to your continued claim that Carrier is a bad coach.

and I could counter that there is no evidence to show that Lewis and Alexander are BAD COACHES...
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 11:40 PM)moemoron Wrote: Would you rather live in Tampa bay or Cincinnati?

I must say this is odd considering their record though.

Cincinnati.

Tampa Bay is a shit hole.

The area around Tampa, on the other hand, is fantastic...
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis at the helm:

[Image: kind-hearts-and-coronets_3866.jpg]

Bengals fans and coaches:

[Image: kcruiserwreckx.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 08:51 PM)gobobro Wrote: I can't tell if guys are jumping ship, or if Marvin is letting them save face as he looks to infuse new blood... Hue got a promotion. So did VJ. Burke followed his friend. That all jives as totally normal...

Hayes and Carrier are different. Hayes is a lifelong Marvin friend taking a lateral move. Carrier is leaving without a clear destination...

My guess is Carrier was told he wouldn't be coming back, but Hayes is a stumper for me,

Feeling I get, too!
Reply/Quote
The Hayes to Tampa has to been left on good terms with marvin.   Koetter and Mike Smith are really close friends of marvin.    They don't hire Hayes if he screws marvin over.

This has to be a scenario where there was nowhere else to progress up the ladder and marvin recommended he go with Koetter and smith to have more say in the defensive plan and to be a future coordinator.    

Much the same reason Martz recommended Zampese to Marvin years ago.  

Also the reason we got carrier was Rex mentioning he wanted to coach db's and marvin dos one of Rex's guys a solid.    Once he figured out he wasn't a good DB coach they hired VJ.   Now his contract was up.   Position coaches usually are on 3 year contract increments.
Reply/Quote