Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carroll to become Seattle advisor
This will be an attractive job even as tough as it is to follow a legend who is still in the building

Quote:“After thoughtful meetings and careful consideration for the best interest of the franchise, we have amicably agreed with Pete Carroll that his role will evolve from the Coach to remain with the team as an advisor,” the team said in a statement. “Pete is the winningest coach in Seahawks history, brought the city its first Super Bowl title, and created a tremendous impact over the past 14 years on the field and in the community. His experise in leadership and building a championship culture will continue as an integral part of our organization moving forward. Pete will always be a beloved member of the Seahawks family.”

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Was always kind of surprised we didn’t do this with Marvin tbh.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 01:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Was always kind of surprised we didn’t do this with Marvin tbh.

I don't think Marvin wanted to be an advisor. Also, I think Mike wanted to let the Duke, Troy, and Katie have their guy and let them handle things. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 01:57 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I don't think Marvin wanted to be an advisor. Also, I think Mike wanted to let the Duke, Troy, and Katie have their guy and let them handle things. 

But that’s what he became for Arizona State when he left here.

The 2nd part of your post might be more the reason.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 02:05 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But that’s what he became for Arizona State when he left here.

The 2nd part of your post might be more the reason.

Marvin decided to become an advisor because Herm Edwards asked him for it. Also, Marvin's daughter was living in the area and Marvin had a house there. I believe he wanted to be more of an advisor because he didn't want take part in the recruiting travel process.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Marvin wanted another coaching gig not an advisors role.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 02:18 AM)pally Wrote: Marvin wanted another coaching gig not an advisors role.

Which he hasn’t got. Other than “co-defensive coordinator” for one season at Arizona State.

Anyway, like I said, I was just a little surprised they didn’t go that route. He was always known for building good rosters, but not necessarily as a great in game coach.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 02:25 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Which he hasn’t got. Other than “co-defensive coordinator” for one season at Arizona State.

Anyway, like I said, I was just a little surprised they didn’t go that route. He was always known for building good rosters, but not necessarily as a great in game coach.

Which im kinda surprised a lot worse coaches getting second chances out there
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 02:18 AM)pally Wrote: Marvin wanted another coaching gig not an advisors role.

i want a gig NFL advisor role too. Where do I apply?
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 11:25 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Which im kinda surprised a lot worse coaches getting second chances out there

0-7 in the playoffs (plus his primetime record) I think is a pretty impossible sell for NFL fanbases.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 02:26 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 0-7 in the playoffs (plus his primetime record) I think is a pretty impossible sell for NFL fanbases.

i guess if you only look at that and not how he completely turned the direction of the franchise around
Reply/Quote