Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carson/Chad, Dalton/Green or Burrow/Chase
Give me Burrow and Chase.

Burrow > CP3. Both had knee injuries. Both made valiant rehab efforts. But the knee injury seemed to have a mental affect on CP, while Joey B is completely unfazed. Joey is a better leader (CP was more the quiet type). He doesn't seem as prone to frustration and his feet in the pocket are amazing.

Chase has got some work to do. He's shown he can dominate just as much as Chad when he's on (Chad also had a 260 yard game), but Chad beat double coverage routinely. Chase was struggling with bracketed coverage until we faced a depleted Baltimore secondary.

Chase will grow and learn how to beat doubles, I believe that. That said, I don't buy that he will get much better than he is now...just because he's 21. He's going to end up around 1500 yards, 15 scores and 18 ypc.

Basically, there's a lot more room to go down than go up from that.

Everyone said AJ Green would obliterate Chad's career records, and we saw how that ended. I do think Chase is better than AJ, but his QB is better than Chad or AJ's.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Dillon with this offense would be borderline criminal.
Reply/Quote
I'll go Palmer/Chad, just because Burrow/Chase only has 1 year in the books.

But Burrow & Chase both have higher ceilings.

How about we expand it a bit?

1. Palmer/Chad/Housh/Henry/Kelly.
2. Andy/AJ/Jones/Sanu/Eifert.
3. Burrow/Chase/Tee/Boyd/Uzomah.
4. Boomer/Brown/McGee/Collingsworth/Holman.
5. Anderson/Collingsworth/Curtis/Kreider/Ross.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 04:23 PM)Housh Wrote: You get each in their prime and the magic guarantee that whoever you pick will be healthy for 10 years.

Who you takin?

I gotta go Burrow and Chase. I just haven’t seen many QBs play QB like Joe and this is dating back to LSU. He totally demolished Clemson and the whole country that year.

Jamarr’s catching ability while great,  i don’t think is on Green or Chads level but he’s a big play guy and he’s the leagues best WR after the catch imo.

Cant go Wrong with Any Combo....

This has been  a great Year....  But Ill need to see more years before i bump it over Chad/Palmer or Green/Dalton

As a single year this has obviously been the best lol.    Now lets see consistency over time
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 06:20 PM)Interceptor Wrote: I didn't think about Dillon. We'd be almost impossible to defend.

I don't even think it's an almost....lol. That guy was an absolute monster on some horrific teams.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 05:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, I'll just say I'm glad we had interesting QB and WRs to watch during this rather frustrating span of 30 years.

Pretty much. Let's find ways to praise Burrow, I guess.

I've recently said that Burrow is the only real QB this team has had since Ken Anderson and I should have said complete instead of real. Every QB in between the two had flaws that limited them and some of their teams. He's come in with the intelligence of Dalton but with much more guts and better field vision. He has natural leadership skills that Palmer never had and he has accuracy that Boomer could only dream of. You can rag on Klingler all you want but don't ever call him a wimp. That man had toughness playing behind those early 90s O-lines.

Outside of tremendous arm strength, Burrow has every one of the strengths possessed by those QBs listed above and none of their weaknesses. 
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
We haven’t even seen the prime of Burrow and Chase yet. This is exciting times.
Reply/Quote
Ja'Marr should have a big S on his chest. Andy Reid is gonna have nightmares about those big play scores for a while.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 04:23 PM)Housh Wrote: You get each in their prime and the magic guarantee that whoever you pick will be healthy for 10 years.

Who you takin?

I gotta go Burrow and Chase. I just haven’t seen many QBs play QB like Joe and this is dating back to LSU. He totally demolished Clemson and the whole country that year.

Jamarr’s catching ability while great,  i don’t think is on Green or Chads level but he’s a big play guy and he’s the leagues best WR after the catch imo.

1) Burrow-Chase
2) Palmer-Chad
3) Dalton-Green

Chase is already up there with Chad's best seasons. He's only 11 yards shy of Chad's record, but he has 5 more TDs than Chad had that year.
Burrow has an attitude and confidence about him that I don't recall seeing with Palmer and Dalton.

I'd argue that Burrow-Chase-Higgins-Boyd-Uzomah-Mixon is the best set of offensive playmakers the Bengals have fielded.
Better than Palmer-Rudi-Chad-Housh-Henry-Kelly, better than Dalton-Hill-Green-Jones-Sanu-Eifert too.
One big reason is we are seeing such good production while having, at best, a middle-of-the-pack OL.
Bengals had (way) better OLs during Palmer's and Dalton's best years.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 05:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So they are better because of something they have not done?

Interesting logic.

Because of hope of what they can achieve. I already know the other talented pairings did not win a Super Bowl. If my framework for deciding is more focused on stats, I'd pick Palmer and Chad. I think Chad belongs in the NFL HoF for his numbers.

I also see the mods cleaned up our first exchange. This made me realize my mistake of acting as if I were your moderator when I do not represent The Bengals Boards. My apologies for this action to you and the moderators, it is not my position to police anyone here and how they post. I am also sorry for any perceived offenses posted just because I disagree with and dislike how you interact with others. I don't know you and thus it is not my place to declare how you behave just because I observe many people having forum spats with you. You won't have to worry about me interacting with you if it became bothersome.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 06:48 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Ja'Marr should have a big S on his chest. Andy Reid is gonna have nightmares about those big play scores for a while.

I bet dude that kept getting flagged for holding him will, too (was it Fenton?). He’s probably still clapping… LOL

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 06:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That is all I have to work with.

Randy Moss averaged 19.0 yards per reception his rookie season and then never did it again in his entire career.  Robert Griffen III finished 3rd in the league with a 102 passer rating his rookie season.

All I can do is compere the best I have seen from both players.

I mean, this is the sheer definition of cherry picking one stat to fit an argument. To suggest Moss didn’t greatly improve after his rookie season would be absurd. He had a 1600 yard season at 26. He also ofc went on to have that insane year with Brady where he had 23 TD’s (still a record). I don’t think there’s any reasonable argument to be made that he peaked as a rookie.

Reply/Quote
Do I get Carson pre-knee injury with Chad and him healthy for the next 10 years? If so, I'm taking Carson and Chad. Nothing against Joe, but Palmer was just absolutely amazing early on. People pass over him because they were young kids when he was starting out here, or because they are upset with how it ended but that season pre-Steelers kneejob in the playoffs was the most excited I ever was as a Bengals fan and that includes this season.

That was the Bengals' year, and I'll never stop believing that had he stayed healthy, they win it all that season and his story has a much different ending in Cincy. He wouldn't have gotten so apathetic and been so frustrated with lies from management and injuries and felt he was wasting away.

Think about how bad ass that 2005 team could have been going forward if Carson is healthy and the team spent in FA like it does now. Would have been a great run.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
That 05 team didn’t have the defense to win a Super Bowl. When they weren’t forcing turnovers they were not good at all.

Reply/Quote