Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Carson Palmer Rips Bengals Front Office
(11-04-2019, 07:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They signed Nate Clements who was coming off a solid season in 2010 (82 tkls, 3 ints, 3FF)

Yep. His nfl page shows 2011. Wiki and another place i looked at earlier listed him as signing in 2012.

wtf... i just checked again and now it shows 2011. I don't know what the freak is going on but i checked 2 pages this afternoon and 1 showed him signing in 2012 and the other didn't list him as a FA signing in 2011...

Anyway, yes. All 3 signed pre-2011 season. 

EDIT: Ok...i was getting Newman and Clements mixed up...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 06:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I love how we have a guy claiming he's not defending the front office, but then he spends 12 pages defending the front office. Facepalm

I've done 0 to defend the front office other than to expose a lie spewed by a disgruntled former employee. The Carson era is probably why we're not as active as "signing a player here and there" now as we were during his tenure. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 08:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've done 0 to defend the front office other than to expose a lie spewed by a disgruntled former employee. The Carson era is probably why we're not as active as "signing a player here and there" now as we were during his tenure. 

Writes the disgruntled fan spewing the false narrative Carson demanded a trade because fans were mean to his wife and wanted to live on the West Coast.

They live in Idaho. Now I realize English is a second language in Kentucky and I’m not familiar with the maps Kentucky schools use to teach geography, but Idaho is not on the West Coast.

I can think of four free agents off the top of my head: they re-signed Bobby Hart and Preston Brown and signed B.W. Webb and John Miller all key ingredients to this year’s success. Seems like they signed a player here or there and stating otherwise would be a lie if we’re going to be completely literal. Or we could agree what they did amounted to nothing and essentially nothing changed. So which one are you going to choose? Or are you going to continue to vacillate between the two as it suits you? I bet on the latter.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 09:14 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Writes the disgruntled fan spewing the false narrative Carson demanded a trade because fans were mean to his wife and wanted to live on the West Coast.

They live in Idaho. Now I realize English is a second language in Kentucky and I’m not familiar with the maps Kentucky schools use to teach geography, but Idaho is not on the West Coast.

I can think of four free agents off the top of my head: they re-signed Bobby Hart and Preston Brown and signed B.W. Webb and John Miller all key ingredients to this year’s success. Seems like they signed a player here or there and stating otherwise would be a lie if we’re going to be completely literal. Or we could agree what they did amounted to nothing and essentially nothing changed. So which one are you going to choose? Or are you going to continue to vacillate between the two as it suits you?  I bet on the latter.

There were reports of the trash on the lawn and his wife wanting to go back to California. The worse thing about him was he threw the team the fans and the city under the bus after the support of all of them while he became PIX-SIX Palmer. Eff him in 2010 and eff him now.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 09:14 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: They live in Idaho. .

That's a good place for that potato head b!@ch. Eff him 
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 08:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've done 0 to defend the front office other than to expose a lie spewed by a disgruntled former employee. The Carson era is probably why we're not as active as "signing a player here and there" now as we were during his tenure. 

I wasn't talking about you.

I wouldn't say you exposed anything though. The players we typically went after in Carson's era were 2nd rate, and often only brought in to replace players we let go (Odom replacing Justin Smith, Coles replacing Housh, Clements replacing JJo, etc). We were more active then than now, but that's hardly Carson's fault.

Mike didn't trade up in the draft for over 20 years, probably due to what happened with Ki-Jana. We avoid (good) free agents after dumb signings like Antonio Bryant (who was coming off a pretty severe injury). Mike is like a dumb guy who stubs his toe on a table, then swears off tables.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I've always liked Carson. Still do(and yeah, I was sore for a bit about the whole quitting thing. Now I get it.) What'd be really impressive would be if Marvin or Zim or Hue or ZT came out and corroborated it. Could you imagine a former coach letting the world know what the real deal is? "Yep, we coaches tried and the team tried and we were even good for a few years. Unfortunately the folks upstairs aren't qualified to mow lawns and would probably find a way to run an Arby's into the ground, much less a multi-billion dollar enterprise." It's long overdue if you ask me. 
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 01:06 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I've always liked Carson. Still do(and yeah, I was sore for a bit about the whole quitting thing. Now I get it.) What'd be really impressive would be if Marvin or Zim or Hue or ZT came out and corroborated it. Could you imagine a former coach letting the world know what the real deal is? "Yep, we coaches tried and the team tried and we were even good for a few years. Unfortunately the folks upstairs aren't qualified to mow lawns and would probably find a way to run an Arby's into the ground, much less a multi-billion dollar enterprise." It's long overdue if you ask me. 

I mean, Carson is really corroborating Chad. There was a story years ago (buried on the internet by now, probably) that Chad wanted his trade because the team refused to get defensive help. That's our 2 biggest players saying the same thing.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 01:10 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I mean, Carson is really corroborating Chad. There was a story years ago (buried on the internet by now, probably) that Chad wanted his trade because the team refused to get defensive help. That's our 2 biggest players saying the same thing.

I don't see how anyone can ever defend the front office. One of the best QBs we've ever had had to beg the owner to sign players, and he barely did it. I can only imagine what Tua's and Burrow's agents are going to tell them during the offseason.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 01:10 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I mean, Carson is really corroborating Chad. There was a story years ago (buried on the internet by now, probably) that Chad wanted his trade because the team refused to get defensive help. That's our 2 biggest players saying the same thing.

My point was that it'd be different coming from a coach.  A coach is supposed to be the "adult in the room."  They're supposed to be presidential.  Stoic.  Wise.  I could easily see some of the ownership type of people just looking at the players as cattle.  The coaches though?  They may be viewed more as peers.  I could just be seeing or hypothesizing things that aren't there, but I truly do believe that if Marvin Lewis went on the air and called out the organization as being sub-NFL standard, it would make the Brown and Blackburn crew stand up and take notice moreso than if any player or fan were to call them out.  There are a limited number of possibilities at this point:  
1.  The ownership just don't get it.  They don't understand that other organizations will run circles around them until they change their processes.
2.  The ownership just don't care.  They are fine with having a few 8-8 seasons here and there but mainly just care about $$$.
3.  The NFL is the WWF.  The Bengals are scripted to be the Homer Simpsons of the league.  D-oh!  They did it again!  Those silly bengals went and let their good free agents go and signed a bunch of BW Webb type of guys.   Right on script as the big market steamrollers steamroll us and the drunk doofus Steeler fans at PBS chant "HEAAAAAAAAAATH!!!"  every time a white dude catches a football.  Hey, "it's a business", right?
Reply/Quote
I think we can all agree Carson is kind of a doosher for how he left the team, but leaving was the right thing for him, and it helped bring to the surface the failings of this front office. Before Carson no one was really talking about how bad this team is run, and now it is almost widely known.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 10:41 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote:  Before Carson no one was really talking about how bad this team is run, 

Shocked
Reply/Quote

Expose is an odd word choice. You make it sound as if you're a Washington Post reporter breaking the Watergate scandal.  

You didn't expose anything.  You took one quote (from many) and chose to take it literally so you could argue sematics, either to deflect from the topic or to shat on Palmer.  Numerous people have tried explaining the difference between literal and figurative to no avail.  Your point, essentially, is that simply fielding a 55 man roster is something, and not nothing.

He even says in article (paraphrasing): that good teams bring in the right guys. Key word: right. ie Guys that fit your system, guys that fill needs, guys that are upgrades, etc.  Lazily adding cheap guys here and there is not akin to the roster building he's talking about.

And, Ill try once more... Heres examples of when figuratively saying "nothing" is both appropriate and honest even when not literal:

-Q: What did you do Friday night?
-A: Nothing

*** Nothing is not literal. It means nothing of note. Nothing relative to something exciting.

-Q: What's going on at work today?
-A: Nothing.

-Q: Anything happen in the movie I missed?

And here's a bonus with use of the word everything...

-Q: What's the new buffett that opened like?
-A: It's great. They have everything.

*** Even though they said everything, this does not mean they have Fried Donkey Nuts. And that doesnt make them a liar either.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 05:10 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Expose is an odd word choice. You make it sound as if you're a Washington Post reporter breaking the Watergate scandal.  

You didn't expose anything.  You took one quote (from many) and chose to take it literally so you could argue sematics, either to deflect from the topic or to shat on Palmer.  Numerous people have tried explaining the difference between literal and figurative to no avail.  Your point, essentially, is that simply fielding a 55 man roster is something, and not nothing.

He even says in article (paraphrasing): that good teams bring in the right guys. Key word: right. ie Guys that fit your system, guys that fill needs, guys that are upgrades, etc.  Lazily adding cheap guys here and there is not akin to the roster building he's talking about.

And, Ill try once more... Heres examples of when figuratively saying "nothing" is both appropriate and honest even when not literal:

*** Nothing is not literal. It means nothing of note. Nothing relative to something exciting.

*** Even though they said everything, this does not mean they have Fried Donkey Nuts. And that doesnt make them a liar either.

That's all super, but it has also been shown by many where the organization was quite active in FA (aka...signing a player here, signing a player there) during the time Carson said "nothing happened". 

I am not going to dispute the fact that this organization is lacking. No one has been more vocal that I about them failing to instill a professional winning sense in the team. No indoor practice facility, practicing under a bridge near a pile of rocks, bumming a College's facilities, practicing on a PeeWee field leading to injury of your star player.....

But none of that changes the fact that Carson Palmer quit on his team mates and he's trying to play the hero for doing so. Some are so filled with hate for this organization they slurp it up. But IMO what CP9 did was a bytch move and I seem to remember Andrew Whitworth having the same opinion at the time. Folks looking for a hero might be better served to look at him. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 05:10 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Expose is an odd word choice. You make it sound as if you're a Washington Post reporter breaking the Watergate scandal.  

Do you want fried donkey nuts? The thing is Potato head Palmer is dead to us. His antics and stupid explanation is moot. Get over it and quit living in the past. Long live Ryan and eff Carson.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 01:53 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I don't see how anyone can ever defend the front office. One of the best QBs we've ever had had to beg the owner to sign players, and he barely did it. I can only imagine what Tua's and Burrow's agents are going to tell them during the offseason.

Stay in school and get your masters or risk being drafted by the Bengals.  Cry

Or they're being told to dial their play back now or else you'll be in Bengal prison for the sum of your rookie contract.
Reply/Quote
It would be hilarious if one of the top QBs said "we met with representatives of the Bengals and it appears they have no clear plan to field a winning team in the time I would be in the NFL so we hope they do not draft me"
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 05:44 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Stay in school and get your masters or risk being drafted by the Bengals.  Cry

Or they're being told to dial their play back now or else you'll be in Bengal prison for the sum of your rookie contract.

(11-05-2019, 06:47 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: It would be hilarious if one of the top QBs said "we met with representatives of the Bengals and it appears they have no clear plan to field a winning team in the time I would be in the NFL so we hope they do not draft me"

Just a reminder of what happened the last time we bottomed out (top 4 draft pick), were looking for a new QB, and had everyone here squealing about how hopeless it was for us to ever win a game again with Mike Brown in charge.

We made the playoffs 5 years in a row.

Just sayin'. 
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 01:53 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I don't see how anyone can ever defend the front office. One of the best QBs we've ever had had to beg the owner to sign players, and he barely did it. I can only imagine what Tua's and Burrow's agents are going to tell them during the offseason.

Their agents are probably telling them what Tyrone Wheatley's agent told him before the 1995 draft.

(11-05-2019, 06:31 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: My point was that it'd be different coming from a coach.  A coach is supposed to be the "adult in the room."  They're supposed to be presidential.  Stoic.  Wise.  I could easily see some of the ownership type of people just looking at the players as cattle.  The coaches though?  They may be viewed more as peers.  I could just be seeing or hypothesizing things that aren't there, but I truly do believe that if Marvin Lewis went on the air and called out the organization as being sub-NFL standard, it would make the Brown and Blackburn crew stand up and take notice moreso than if any player or fan were to call them out.  There are a limited number of possibilities at this point:  
1.  The ownership just don't get it.  They don't understand that other organizations will run circles around them until they change their processes.
2.  The ownership just don't care.  They are fine with having a few 8-8 seasons here and there but mainly just care about $$$.
3.  The NFL is the WWF.  The Bengals are scripted to be the Homer Simpsons of the league.  D-oh!  They did it again!  Those silly bengals went and let their good free agents go and signed a bunch of BW Webb type of guys.   Right on script as the big market steamrollers steamroll us and the drunk doofus Steeler fans at PBS chant "HEAAAAAAAAAATH!!!"  every time a white dude catches a football.  Hey, "it's a business", right?

I got your point and I agree. That said, 2 of the best players in franchise history - who aren't particularly close - saying the exact same thing should be enough proof. I guess it'd make more headlines if Marv said it, but maybe not. The national media couldn't care less about the Bengals. The Bengals are where the national media wants them. Like you said, we're the Homer Simpsons of the league.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 06:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just a reminder of what happened the last time we bottomed out (top 4 draft pick), were looking for a new QB, and had everyone here squealing about how hopeless it was for us to ever win a game again with Mike Brown in charge.

We made the playoffs 5 years in a row.

Just sayin'. 

So? We also lost five years in a row. Of course we’ll win a game eventually. What’s your point? We’re terrible. So we had a short stretch of mediocrity. It doesn’t balance with the 20+ of crap under this regime.

We’re not just a qb away from success. Our recent drafts and free agent acquisitions have been useless. You yourself have posted several times on the success of number 1 qbs. But if you really think this pick will fix the bengals good luck to you. How many high picks did we have in the 90s and 00s that didn’t pan out?

Just sayin’
Reply/Quote