Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Carson Palmer Rips Bengals Front Office
(11-02-2019, 08:50 PM)Synric Wrote: Crazy that 7 of those 9 are AFC. Gotta think it's because the Patriots have dominated.

Indeed. I don't feel like looking it up...but it would be interesting to see if the Pats knocked any off in the playoffs.

Not only have the Pats been dominant...but so have the Steelers.

Jags, Texans, and Browns are all expansion teams.
Reply/Quote
After reading that, it sounds to me like Carson Palmer would be an excellent general manager!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 08:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: But you're blaming Bengals Management for Zac's failure. Why wouldn't you cut Palmer the same slack?

There is a big difference between ineptitude and being a total ass. 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 08:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The only teams to not play in a Super Bowl during this span are:

Jets
Dolphins
Browns
Bengals
Texans
Jaguars
Chiefs
Lions
Vikings

Yeah my apologies.  I was just thinking about Super Bowl teams without doing the math. But hey the Bengals are part of a an elite group. Tongue

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 08:59 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: There is a big difference between ineptitude and being a total ass. 

He basically shouldn't have signed the extension.

Pickens, Dillon, Spikes, and a host of others forced their way out too though. How do you view those players?

Palmers was just the most vocal and he was under contract.
Reply/Quote
Kind of off topic as far as the front office part of it, but this thread - and the different views about Palmer - made me think about how contentious the relationship between Bengals QB's and the fan base has always been...going all the way back to Kenny. 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 09:01 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Kind of off topic as far as the front office part of it, but this thread - and the different views about Palmer - made me think about how contentious the relationship between Bengals QB's and the fan base has always been...going all the way back to Kenny. 

Interesting. I didn't know that on Anderson.

I don't really know all the ins and outs on Esiason, but I remember he came back in the late 90's and had some success 1 year and they wanted him back the next year...but he wouldn't come back. Seemed odd.

Guys like Pickens, Spikes, Dillon, Joseph...seems like fans sided with management on them when things went south. Justin Smith was basically criticized by fans here...he goes to the 49ers...puts up similar stats and is basically a perennial Pro Bowl player. Fans disliked Peko and Maualuga.

I could go on and on. Justin Smith is one I never understood the disdain for.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 08:50 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Marvin is dead to us. Get over it. Long live Zac 

Am over it.

Wanted it done a long time ago.

Still doesn't change the fact that Lewis had more going for him respect-wise early for the Bengals.

Taylor can F off if he doesn't show anything of value in the future.

He might just be a bigger patsy than Marvin with the FO.

Time will tell.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 09:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Interesting. I didn't know that on Anderson.

I don't really know all the ins and outs on Esiason, but I remember he came back in the late 90's and had some success 1 year and they wanted him back the next year...but he wouldn't come back. Seemed odd.

Guys like Pickens, Spikes, Dillon, Joseph...seems like fans sided with management on them when things went south. Justin Smith was basically criticized by fans here...he goes to the 49ers...puts up similar stats and is basically a perennial Pro Bowl player. Fans disliked Peko and Maualuga.

The fans once cheered after Kenny got injured, while he was writhing in pain on the field, with his wife in the stands. Kenny called the fan base "stupid and classless". I remember sitting in the stands during a couple games as a youngster with my dad and uncle, hearing people berate Kenny and not understanding why they were so pissed off at "our" QB. LOL
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 09:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Interesting. I didn't know that on Anderson.

I don't remember fans being unhappy with Boomer as a player.

Most people with a brain could see how poorly they let the O-Line go.

Sound familiar?  Whatever

This go around at least they kinda tried but failed and then didn't do anything to fix the mishaps. 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 09:11 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The fans once cheered after Kenny got injured, while he was writhing in pain on the field, with his wife in the stands. Kenny called the fan base "stupid and classless". I remember sitting in the stands during a couple games as a youngster with my dad and uncle, hearing people berate Kenny and not understanding why they were so pissed off at "our" QB. LOL

Did anything like that happen with Boomer?

I can't remember but I was young and that was a very long time ago.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 09:12 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I don't remember fans being unhappy with Boomer as a player.

Most people with a brain could see how poorly they let the O-Line go.

Sound familiar?  Whatever

This go around at least they kinda tried but failed and then didn't do anything to fix the mishaps. 

It got pretty contentious with Boomer and the fans after the '87 strike:

''I've thrown for over 400 yards twice now at home and they've booed me."

''I don't know what else I can do. I guess I have to give my salary to local charities, throw five touchdown passes and lead this team to the Super Bowl. That's the only way to get back in good graces."

''I'm not the President of the United States. I'm not running for the Supreme Court. I'm the football quarterback in a little city. Everybody wants to attack somebody and I guess I'm the one.''

''I could understand if I was not throwing for 400 yards and our offense wasn't playing well. It's near the top of the league. Who wants to play in a place they're not wanted?''

He endured his share of boos during the '91/92 seasons as well.
Reply/Quote
So Cincy kind of deserves the Browns as owners...and vice versa?
Reply/Quote
So .... is Carson going into the HOF as a cardi or bengi????
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 08:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So you dispute the fact that Bengals management is inept which is his main assertion?

Nah, dude just asked what Carson said that was factually incorrect. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
If we draft a QB high in the 2020 draft, will they even sign with Cinci?

Why sign with a dog when you can refuse to sign and get traded and almost any other organization is better than the Bengals.

Reply/Quote
It will be interesting to see if any current or former Bengals come forward to refute or confirm what Palmer has said about the organization.
Reply/Quote
If the fans could see how much of a shitshow this organization is, how could the players NOT see it? They're literally in it. Talking to the coaches. Talking to the owners. Hearing them say "no, we're not going to sign any major free agents. We'll get every single impact player through the draft" and then see them draft Billy Price and Cedric Ogbuehi.

It's enough to make any person cynical of every being a winning franchise.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 05:52 PM)Millhouse Wrote: No he isn't. He signed that extension in December of 2005, in his 3rd year as anyone would have being as young as he was and good as they were that year. 

This! He signed this in what 99% would call the most exciting year in Bengals since the 80s. Everything at that time was firing on all cylinders and like he said thought could change the environment here. 

I loved Carson then and still do, I hold no ill will towards him walking. I was disappointed because he was one of my favorite players, but this guy worked his entire life to compete for a championship. Why should he stay if he sees an owner and front office that doesn't have the same view?

And dont say because he made a commitment. Players get released from teams that made commitments all the time but if its the other way around its wrong. 

Carson didn't do this because he wanted more money, he wanted to play on a team that also had the same desire to win a championship. 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 06:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Reading is fundamental.

I read it just fine.  You said he cared more about money than winning.  I said that he was willing to give up the remainer of his deal (tens of millions of dollars) to leave this team.  If it was all about money, he could have easily shut up and kept cashing checks.
Reply/Quote