Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carson Palmer comment on the next Bengals head coach 'Good Luck'
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2019/01/10/carson-palmer-cincinnati-bengals-coach-good-luck/2527889002/

Quote:"That’s a tough job," Palmer said. "There’s no doubt about that. There’s some jobs that are easier than others, that’s for sure. That’s one of the tougher ones in the league without having just the natural GM and the same scouting department, some of the things other teams throughout the league have. My only advice would be, ‘Good luck.’"
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 11:26 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2019/01/10/carson-palmer-cincinnati-bengals-coach-good-luck/2527889002/

A definite stab at Mike Brown, and who could blame him. I take stabs at Mike Brown on this board almost every day.

Reply/Quote
F u Palmer. Quitter
Reply/Quote
Aww does Carson need some attention

Reply/Quote
I love the stab at the tree sloth, it never gets old, but he does
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Carson Palmer is a potato.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
You guys can hate Palmer as much as you want he’s not wrong and you know it.
Reply/Quote
It seems that Palmer is stuck in 2010 since Mike Brown is nowhere to be found during this HC search and it looks like the Bengals have a new brain trust running the show.

So Palmer can hug a root
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
Weird, that's the same thing I said to Raiders and Cardinals fans.
Reply/Quote
Man, getting no love from ex-Bengals QBs recently. Last week on CBS Radio, Boomer ranked the Bengals job as the least desirable opening because of ownership...and said Cleveland the most desirable.  
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown may be a terrible owner and as fans we deserve better but he has always seemed to be loyal to his coaches and players many of which he gave second and third chances to. Palmer Quit on the team which was his right.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 12:15 AM)mon4078 Wrote: Mike Brown may be a terrible owner and as fans we deserve better but he has always seemed to be loyal to his coaches and players many of which he gave second and third chances to. Palmer Quit on the team which was his right.

He was not loyal to his players in terms of helping them win. 

Reply/Quote
I remember the game well. It was the year I really believed the Bengals could have won it all. I saw the pass to 85 and thought wow we are going to win this game.

Then Palmer had his knee shredded by a punk-ass Steeler. It was heart breaking. A lot of players had to endure a lot under Mike Brown. His leadership was about as innovative as a common pebble on the drive-way.

But damn if Palmer quit the team. He quit the fans.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
The CP 'revolt' was poorly planned, they should have sent 10 core players up to see Mikey and then all quit if no change was made. They also should have gone public with the issues.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 12:35 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: He was not loyal to his players in terms of helping them win. 

I don't completely agree, we have had some good teams in the last 10 years. If anything his loyalty has been part of the problem he holds on to players past their prime and has held on to Marvin and his staff to long. Now I would say that the scouting department needs updated and would love to see us do more in free agency.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 12:37 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I remember the game well.  It was the year I really believed the Bengals could have won it all.  I saw the pass to 85 and thought wow we are going to win this game.  

Then Palmer had his knee shredded by a punk-ass Steeler.  It was heart breaking.  A lot of players had to endure a lot under Mike Brown.  His leadership was about as innovative as a common pebble on the drive-way.  

But damn if Palmer quit the team.  He quit the fans.

Maybe you don't remember it that well.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 12:44 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Maybe you don't remember it that well.

Hey I just liked the aggressiveness of the play calling!  The Bengals offense in general that year was hot.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 12:44 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Maybe you don't remember it that well.

(01-11-2019, 12:47 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Hey I just liked the aggressiveness of the play calling!  The Bengals offense in general that year was hot.

The play calling was better but another big difference was that the o line was a very good unit

He’s calling you out on that because the guy who caught that pass also shredded his knee on the play but it was 15 not 85.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 12:37 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I remember the game well. It was the year I really believed the Bengals could have won it all. I saw the pass to 85 and thought wow we are going to win this game.

Then Palmer had his knee shredded by a punk-ass Steeler. It was heart breaking. A lot of players had to endure a lot under Mike Brown. His leadership was about as innovative as a common pebble on the drive-way.

But damn if Palmer quit the team. He quit the fans.

It was to 15, not 85.

I don’t blame Palmer, and I think he’s right. The Bengals front office is one of the least staffed in the entire league. The coaches have historically done a great job of finding the talent themselves. This is a tough job to have, you have more on your plate.
Reply/Quote
I was angry at him for a few years but I got over it because I’m like an adult.

It’s like complaining about a family member. I’m allowed to say my brother suck sometimes but if you insult him that’s not ok.

We can complain how cheap our owner is and how poorly run the team is but god forbid an outsider from doing so. Especially someone we hate.

Palmer quit because he felt like the ownership didn’t care and we as fans feel like that all the time so what’s the problem? You don’t like hearing from an ex that hurt you? One that was way closer to knowing the truth of it than you ever will? It’s just noise ignor it. He’s gone, Marvin’s now gone it’s time for a new beginning let’s buckle in and try to enjoy a new chance at something good or at least a whole new cast of coaches to blame for failure because the one common denominator will be mike brown. That’s who Carson’s problem is with and where your anger should be more properly focused on until he proves he’s committed to winning.
Reply/Quote