Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carson Palmer comment on the next Bengals head coach 'Good Luck'
Carson Palmer was a winner everywhere he played -- until he got to Cincinnati. Oh, sure, he had success here for the most part but he wanted a Super Bowl trophy for the Bengals and when it became obvious Marvin Lewis and the Front Office had no clue how to make that happen, he became understandably frustrated. Carson mistakenly believed the Front Office and coaching staff would welcome his advice and ideas and he was disappointed every time.

I don't blame Carson Palmer for anything here. He came to Cincinnati to win.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 12:32 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Carson Palmer was a winner everywhere he played -- until he got to Cincinnati.  Oh, sure, he had success here for the most part but he wanted a Super Bowl trophy for the Bengals and when it became obvious Marvin Lewis and the Front Office had no clue how to make that happen, he became understandably frustrated.  Carson mistakenly believed the Front Office and coaching staff would welcome his advice and ideas and he was disappointed every time.

I don't blame Carson Palmer for anything here.  He came to Cincinnati to win.  

He had the team here to win it all the year Kimo took out his knee in the playoffs. He was not the same for years after that injury because he would not plant his leg. Had he stayed here, he may very well have had another shot at it. After all, Dalton took the next 5 teams to the playoffs.....
Reply/Quote
I was losing faith in Palmer when he decided to quit the Bengals so it made me salty at the time.

More of a "good riddance" type of attitude really from my perspective.

As much as the Bengals ignored his wants they also coddled his ego by not bringing in a legitimate backup QB or even any semblance of competition. Having his own sibling as his backup to boot.

So let's just say I wasn't 100% sympathetic to his troubles.

However in hindsight and the grand scheme of things he was one of many in a line who have been ignored by our crappy owner.

After seeing repeatedly what Mike did with his good ol' boy network of pals it's rather quite sickening really.

It's pretty sad that it took Terrell Owens to finally publicly state what the conglomeration of what both the fans and players had been thinking all along.

I no longer have negative thoughts about Carson Palmer really.

He's just another sad chapter in this franchise's legacy of buffoon actions.

Hopefully that book will finally be shut and new one can be written.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Obviously NEW people calling the shots and trying to get a NEW coaching staff.. Key words are NEW... He hasn't been here since he QUIT 8 years ago. So, why would he comment on anything he has no clue about besides to rain on the parade of the fan base/city? And why would he want to do that? Because he looked stupid after an average rookie QB went to the playoffs 5 years strait with a squad he was "too good for?" You don't get to run your trap about Cincinnati anymore Carson.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 03:19 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Obviously NEW people calling the shots and trying to get a NEW coaching staff..  Key words are NEW... He hasn't been here since he QUIT 8 years ago.  So, why would he comment on anything he has no clue about besides to rain on the parade of the fan base/city?  And why would he want to do that?  Because he looked stupid after an average rookie QB went to the playoffs 5 years strait with a squad he was "too good for?"  You don't get to run your trap about Cincinnati anymore Carson.

Well said.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 12:36 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: THIS was the line I read every page of the thread to see.

After his trade request (and regularly since) the masses here in Bengaldom have stated that Marvin being re-signed is the reason Carson wanted out, even referencing the fact that Carson gave a "no comment" to Marvin's re-signing.

But in this interview/statement, he specifically mentioned how much he loves Marvin and has seen him many times since his trade, however has not had a chance to talk to him since Black Monday.  It sounds to me like this statement said once and for all he was comfortable continuing under ML, but it was rather the FO continuing to allow players and leaders like Willie and TJ to walk away and replacing them with lesser talent.

Remember Carson stating that he wasn't going to talk about the divorce unless the time was right?  I think he now feels the time is right.

Well he said last year (I think) that he walked into Mike's office demanding more money be spent in free agency and was shot down. So this isn't really news. That said, I remember when many (myself included) speculated that it was Marvin, mostly due to the "no comment". Marv is a player's coach, so I guess it isn't surprising. Players loved Dusty Baker, and he never won anything of note either.

(01-12-2019, 12:32 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Carson Palmer was a winner everywhere he played -- until he got to Cincinnati.  Oh, sure, he had success here for the most part but he wanted a Super Bowl trophy for the Bengals and when it became obvious Marvin Lewis and the Front Office had no clue how to make that happen, he became understandably frustrated.  Carson mistakenly believed the Front Office and coaching staff would welcome his advice and ideas and he was disappointed every time.

I don't blame Carson Palmer for anything here.  He came to Cincinnati to win.  

Carson is no different than Dillon, Chad, Spikes, Boomer, Pickens or any other Bengals player that wanted out. They all wanted to win. I'm surprised we haven't had any since Palmer. Feels like we're overdue for an AJ Green, Dalton or Atkins trade demand. We did make some good moves last year and finally fired Marvin this year, so maybe this is Katie's team now. 

We can only hope. I won't fully believe it until we start seeing the scouting department expanded, or a practice facility being built. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 03:19 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Obviously NEW people calling the shots and trying to get a NEW coaching staff..  Key words are NEW... He hasn't been here since he QUIT 8 years ago.  So, why would he comment on anything he has no clue about besides to rain on the parade of the fan base/city?  And why would he want to do that?  Because he looked stupid after an average rookie QB went to the playoffs 5 years strait with a squad he was "too good for?"  You don't get to run your trap about Cincinnati anymore Carson.

I know I just defended Carson, but I also get this line of thinking. This should be a happy moment for Bengals fans. Why take a dump on it over things that happened 8 years ago? This FO has made major strides over the last 2 years. Canning PA and bringing in a solid o-line coach. Making a fairly major trade. Firing Marvin Lewis and hiring a hot name like Zac Taylor. Letting him fill out his staff.

Bringing up stuff from 8 years ago just isn't a good look right now. Although I get that he might have been asked about it. You still don't have to go there though. Not right now.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 03:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I know I just defended Carson, but I also get this line of thinking. This should be a happy moment for Bengals fans. Why take a dump on it over things that happened 8 years ago? This FO has made major strides over the last 2 years. Canning PA and bringing in a solid o-line coach. Making a fairly major trade. Firing Marvin Lewis and hiring a hot name like Zac Taylor. Letting him fill out his staff.

Bringing up stuff from 8 years ago just isn't a good look right now. Although I get that he might have been asked about it. You still don't have to go there though. Not right now.

It was a character check moment and he failed.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 03:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well he said last year (I think) that he walked into Mike's office demanding more money be spent in free agency and was shot down. So this isn't really news. That said, I remember when many (myself included) speculated that it was Marvin, mostly due to the "no comment". Marv is a player's coach, so I guess it isn't surprising. Players loved Dusty Baker, and he never won anything of note either.

Carson is no different than Dillon, Chad, Spikes, Boomer, Pickens or any other Bengals player that wanted out. They all wanted to win. I'm surprised we haven't had any since Palmer. Feels like we're overdue for an AJ Green, Dalton or Atkins trade demand. We did make some good moves last year and finally fired Marvin this year, so maybe this is Katie's team now. 

We can only hope. I won't fully believe it until we start seeing the scouting department expanded, or a practice facility being built. 

AJ Green, Geno Atkins and Andy Dalton don't want to be traded... they want to retire Bengals...
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 11:33 AM)Sled21 Wrote: What was great... absolutely great.... was the day a caller called into NFL radio and complained about the Bengals having "one lousy player" in the HoF, and the fact neither of the Kenny's were in. The announcers actually did not realize that Munoz was the only Bengal in there. And then, of all things, a HoFer from Pittsburgh from the Riley era called in and actually said he was embarrassed to be in the Hall when the Rattler was not.

I heard that call, and absolutely loved it...
Reply/Quote
I don’t fall in with the “Carson is a quitter so I hate him.” crowd, I don’t fault the dude at all for what he did. We all know the clown in charge and working for him has to suck. So Carson gets a pass from me on that whole matter.

However seeing how he wanted out of here so desperately he should probably just mind his own business and keep his thoughts on the matter to himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 01:57 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I don’t fall in with the “Carson is a quitter so I hate him.” crowd, I don’t fault the dude at all for what he did. We all know the clown in charge and working for him has to suck. So Carson gets a pass from me on that whole matter.

However seeing how he wanted out of here so desperately he should probably just mind his own business and keep his thoughts on the matter to himself.

Agree with everything except this. Carson did not approach the media to bash the Bengals. The media approached him and he gave his opinion on the matter. It’s not like he said anything that rude anyway.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 02:28 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Agree with everything except this. Carson did not approach the media to bash the Bengals. The media approached him and he gave his opinion on the matter. It’s not like he said anything that rude anyway.

Just a little passive aggressive rain on our parade.

Reply/Quote
On one hand he's not wrong. On the other hand, things aren't the same as they were in 2010. Simple point of fact is he hasn't been here for eight years. And we have evidence that the front office has changed somewhat since then.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Carson has an insight into this organization that most will not. He easily could have said nothing, demanded nothing and just here collecting his full salary. He wanted to win and realized ownership wasn’t committed to that endeavor.

I don’t blame him or anyone else for wanting to get out and go somewhere for a chance at a super bowl. He was asked his opinion and gave it. It’s not like he had a press conference to publicly bash the bengals.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 02:28 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Agree with everything except this. Carson did not approach the media to bash the Bengals. The media approached him and he gave his opinion on the matter. It’s not like he said anything that rude anyway.

His comments were pretty mild.

I think Carson appreciates how Marvin was handicapped by working under Mike.  Maybe it was a comment in support of his old coach.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 12:12 AM)fredtoast Wrote: His comments were pretty mild.

I think Carson appreciates how Marvin was handicapped by working under Mike.  Maybe it was a comment in support of his old coach.

I think Carson was surprisingly kind to Marvin, actually since Marvin seems like he was one of those "fiddling while Rome burned" types.  The bottom line is Marvin and Mike stayed the course and Carson left and none of them went on to win in a manner the more relevant franchises deem acceptable.

Oh well .
Reply/Quote
It's pretty clear what Palmer thinks of Mike Brown. What I'm curious about though is whether he thinks the Bengals would be better off or more of the same with Katie Blackburn taking over.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 03:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's pretty clear what Palmer thinks of Mike Brown. What I'm curious about though is whether he thinks the Bengals would be better off or more of the same with Katie Blackburn taking over.

I'm sure if someone would ask him that question we'd end up with another 10 page thread where we argued over whether or not he's a crybaby and/or if he should have even answered the question.  

On a side note, the only time I ever had to "quit" on an infuriating relationship with a person who wouldn't budge or listen to reason I left things by saying "You know what...you're right, I'm wrong, never change your mind and never change a thing, good luck." So, maybe Carson could take a page out of my book. "The Bengals should never change a thing, I was wrong."
Reply/Quote