Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carson Palmer comment on the next Bengals head coach 'Good Luck'
(01-10-2019, 11:26 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2019/01/10/carson-palmer-cincinnati-bengals-coach-good-luck/2527889002/

Who gives a shit what Carson Palmer has to say?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
No reason to let Palmer ruffle any feathers. Fans will never be in agreement about his departure. IMO if he was unhappy here, it’s better that he left. As for his “good luck” statement, he is right. This organization functions like no other. We have been calling them out for years. Its just recently they have started shocking us with moves that actually makes football sense. Would still like to see a gm put in place at some point (a real one, not some poster gm). A scouting department would be nice too. But for now, I will be thankful Lewis is gone and some changes are being made.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think the problem some of us are having isn't what he said,, it is that he felt he had to say it right away and on a national stage - thus killing the buzz a bit.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 01:18 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I’m a little surprised there are fans who still hold resentment towards Carson. To begin, he brought Cincinnati a legitimate SB caliber team and tore his ACL in the middle of the run. He approached Mike Brown and asked for changes. Changes that we have all wanted. He then came back, played well, and then tore his elbow up. Came back again, played okay, fought for changes again. Changes that we all want.

He’s giving up his body and fighting for organizational changes, and the fans respond by throwing trash in his yard and calling him Pick-6 Palmer, telling him he sucks. That sounds like a punk-ass fan base to me, to go along with a horrible owner. I’d probably bounce, too.

In the end, Palmer got the last laugh. He didn’t win a SB in AZ, but he won playoff games and made it to the conference championship game while Cincinnati hasn’t seen a playoff win since Palmer was 11 years old.

I don’t blame him.

I'll agree He was a great QB in 05 but regressed into pick six Palmer quickly after that. He took millions from the team then, like the spoiled little kid he was, took his ball and went home crying. Andy may never be considered an elite QB but he has more heart than Palmer ever had. What do you think Palmer would have done if the team gave him the same line that Andy has had lately? It kills me how many fans will support this Quitter and hang Andy out to dry every chance they get. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 11:26 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2019/01/10/carson-palmer-cincinnati-bengals-coach-good-luck/2527889002/

Seeing how the selection of the new HC was being reported to have been delegated to Katie and Troy Blackburn, I'm not sold that the situation is quite the same as it was during Palmer's years with the Bengals.  For instance, we know that Duke Tobin is as close to an actual, non-family member GM that this team has ever had.  Katie negotiates the contracts, and likely now has the biggest voice on executive decisions.  

I think that any HC negotiating to come to the Bengals would be a fool to not have addressed the scouting department situation, during an extended interview.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 07:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t like it anymore than you do. Pretending like it’s the same old Browns up there won’t make it true.

That doesn't mean I have to like hearing Bengal fans pimping them.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 09:45 AM)McC Wrote: That doesn't mean I have to like hearing Bengal fans pimping them.  

It was only brought up because someone mentioned Boomer said the Browns were the top landing spot for a HC. I’m not just going around looking for opportunities to praise the Browns (or Steelers).

At least the Ravens and Jackson looked like shit in their playoff game, so you don’t have to hear anything nice about them right now lol

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 09:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It was only brought up because someone mentioned Boomer said the Browns were the top landing spot for a HC. I’m not just going around looking for opportunities to praise the Browns (or Steelers).

At least the Ravens and Jackson looked like shit in their playoff game, so you don’t have to hear anything nice about them right now lol

That was some bad coaching by the Ravens.  Apparently, they were so convinced that their offense couldn't be stopped that they didn't even bother to have a backup plan.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 09:45 AM)McC Wrote: That doesn't mean I have to like hearing Bengal fans pimping them.  

I have mutual feelings on this. CLE is the enemy. A division rival. A STATE rival. They are the crap stain of the AFCN (let alone the NFL) and I will not toot their horn for them during their best or worst years. May sound childish, but I'm not wrong. CLE is doing fine gloating with that Keebler elf looking QB they got now. They don't need help pointing anything out lol.

Granted, Nicomo Cosca may simply just be stating that the Browns are one's to be reckoned with if they don't screw it up.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 11:54 PM)motoarch Wrote: You guys can hate Palmer as much as you want he’s not wrong and you know it.

I'm not sure what makes him right either? Did you see the talent he had around him when he first came into the league? Didn't Mike Brown bring in TO at CP's request? What stud qb gets to keep loaded talent around them their entire career? None, its all ebbs and flows. If Palmer would've stuck around he would've maybe even had a more potent offense within a year or 2 of leaving than he did on those 05ish teams. No matter how much you love Carson, he isn't the GM and any player who tries to control personnel decisions should never be sided with. These players want to make decisions but then never stick around to bear the bad fruit they sowed.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 09:04 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I think the problem some of us are having isn't what he said,, it is that he felt he had to say it right away and on a national stage - thus killing the buzz a bit.

Eh, still kinda right, but not exactly; just the fact that he brought it up again, makes it ridiculous.

Many of us have gotten over it and being a grown-ass man with a ton of money and fame (whether good or bad), he should be over it by now too.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 12:14 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Man, getting no love from ex-Bengals QBs recently. Last week on CBS Radio, Boomer ranked the Bengals job as the least desirable opening because of ownership...and said Cleveland the most desirable.  

That's funny, because on TV he was talking about how much money you can make and how much job security you have at PBS and said it was one of the better jobs.... 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 10:19 AM)Sled21 Wrote: That's funny, because on TV he was talking about how much money you can make and how much job security you have at PBS and said it was one of the better jobs.... 

Evidently, his opinion is a changing thing.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 10:18 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Eh, still kinda right, but not exactly; just the fact that he brought it up again, makes it ridiculous.

Many of us have gotten over it and being a grown-ass man with a ton of money and fame (whether good or bad), he should be over it by now too.

A pretty low class thing to do.  But Carson has always been about Carson, so not all that surprising.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 10:11 AM)whodey4life84 Wrote: I'm not sure what makes him right either? Did you see the talent he had around him when he first came into the league? Didn't Mike Brown bring in TO at CP's request? What stud qb gets to keep loaded talent around them their entire career? None, its all ebbs and flows. If Palmer would've stuck around he would've maybe even had a more potent offense within a year or 2 of leaving than he did on those 05ish teams. No matter how much you love Carson, he isn't the GM and any player who tries to control personnel decisions should never be sided with. These players want to make decisions but then never stick around to bear the bad fruit they sowed.

Because it is a tough job. Hopefully that's changed now that Katie and Troy are running the show now. Doesn't mean it's a bad job, just tougher to win here than some other places. I don't like him taking shots at us tho. That's a (b)itch move. What he said does have some merit tho, and I think the last 16 years with Marv have proved that. The rest of the chat on the article proves he's just a whiney (b)itch tho. 

Quote:"I love Marvin," Palmer said. "I’ve seen him at different golf and charity events. I hate to see his time come to an end, but I get it. I haven’t talked to him since (he parted ways with the Bengals), but I really believe it was mutual. They thought it was time to move on and he felt it was time to move on."  
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 07:32 AM)McC Wrote: Who gives a shit what Carson Palmer has to say?

Well, after all, he IS a Super Bowl winning QB...… oh, wait, nevermind….. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 12:12 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: It seems that Palmer is stuck in 2010 since Mike Brown is nowhere to be found during this HC search and it looks like the Bengals have a new brain trust running the show.

So Palmer can hug a root

Still no GM though.

Everyone is happy that MB isn't involved and Katie supposedly is. Would ANY NFL team hire her as their GM?

Also, people forget that Katie was the one who wanted Marvin Lewis as the HC last search.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 11:54 PM)motoarch Wrote: You guys can hate Palmer as much as you want he’s not wrong and you know it.

Funny overall we got to way more playoffs and won more division championships I believe after he left.. he has been gone now for  9 years.. slowly the front office has changed.. Tobin is a GM without the title.. Mike Brown has given more control to his family... Palmer is living in the past, lets hope the movement of the ownership leads us to a different future..
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 10:31 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Still no GM though.

Everyone is happy that MB isn't involved and Katie supposedly is. Would ANY NFL team hire her as their GM?

Also, people forget that Katie was the one who wanted Marvin Lewis as the HC last search.

Tobin is GM in all but title...
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 10:31 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Still no GM though.

And at the time, she was right.  Shocking that you would take the anti-Bengal side.

Reply/Quote