Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carson Palmer comment on the next Bengals head coach 'Good Luck'
(01-11-2019, 10:35 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Funny overall we got to way more playoffs and won more division championships I believe after he left.. he has been gone now for  9 years.. slowly the front office has changed.. Tobin is a GM without the title.. Mike Brown has given more control to his family... Palmer is living in the past, lets hope the movement of the ownership leads us to a different future..

Paul Simon wrote a song about Palmer--"Still butthurt after all these years."
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 10:37 AM)McC Wrote: And at the time, she was right.  Shocking that you would take the anti-Bengal side.

You know, looking back, Marvin Lewis was able to come into a dysfunctional organization and take them to the playoffs in just two years.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 10:35 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Funny overall we got to way more playoffs and won more division championships I believe after he left.. he has been gone now for  9 years.. slowly the front office has changed.. Tobin is a GM without the title.. Mike Brown has given more control to his family... Palmer is living in the past, lets hope the movement of the ownership leads us to a different future..

How many of those did we win?
Reply/Quote
Only Carson Palmer has so little charisma that he can get Bengals fans to defend Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis. How dare he take shots at the team we were threatening to quit on if they didn't stop intentionally sucking?

I have to say it would be better if Palmer just flipped his stance and said he was wrong to leave the Bengals and that Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis were his ticket to the SB and he blew it by leaving. It's a mistake for Mike Brown to let Katie and Troy select a new HC when they could have just let Mike Brown roll with Hue or beg Marvin to come back for another decade or so.

It sucks Bengals fans are quitting on Mike Brown and his status quo the way Palmer did back in 2011. We're all quitters.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 11:26 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2019/01/10/carson-palmer-cincinnati-bengals-coach-good-luck/2527889002/

Thanks for posting the quote, that Cincinnati newspaper website sucks with all the pop ups and you have this many articles free left to read,I avoid it at all costs.

Carson has seen things we haven't and Im sure thinks that whatever new coach that is hired wants to do will have the shackles of Mike Brown on his hands.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 10:35 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Funny overall we got to way more playoffs and won more division championships I believe after he left.. he has been gone now for  9 years.. slowly the front office has changed.. Tobin is a GM without the title.. Mike Brown has given more control to his family... Palmer is living in the past, lets hope the movement of the ownership leads us to a different future..

(01-11-2019, 10:45 AM)motoarch Wrote: How many of those did we win?
Your irrelevant point is irrelevant.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 10:53 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Only Carson Palmer has so little charisma that he can get Bengals fans to defend Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis.  How dare he take shots at the team we were threatening to quit on if they didn't stop intentionally sucking?

I have to say it would be better if Palmer just flipped his stance and said he was wrong to leave the Bengals and that Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis were his ticket to the SB and he blew it by leaving.  It's a mistake for Mike Brown to let Katie and Troy select a new HC when they could have just let Mike Brown roll with Hue or beg Marvin to come back for another decade or so.

It sucks Bengals fans are quitting on Mike Brown and his status quo the way Palmer did back in 2011.  We're all quitters.

I don't know why you're so enthralled with the guy.  When I look at him, all I see is what could have been.  He is the poster boy for not living up to expectations. 

And now, when any reasonable individual would have long ago moved on, little boy Carson is still carrying a grudge when he got exactly what he wanted.  Pathetic and classless.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 11:01 AM)McC Wrote: I don't know why you're so enthralled with the guy.  When I look at him, all I see is what could have been.  He is the poster boy for not living up to expectations. 

And now, when any reasonable individual would have long ago moved on, little boy Carson is still carrying a grudge when he got exactly what he wanted.  Pathetic and classless.

Carson Palmer has done more to point out that Mike Brown sucks than anyone else...how mad could I be at him for that?  Are you enthralled with Mike Brown to the point where you need to attack someone who says Mike Brown sucks? It doesn't matter if Carson's NFL career was worse than Dan LeFevour's, the guy says Mike Brown is a crap owner, just like all of us have been saying for decades.

Mike Brown sucks.  What's so crazy about that?
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 11:16 AM)McC Wrote: Fine.  He said it nine years ago, pouted, got his way, yet, for some reason, he is too small to move on.  Spiteful teenage ***** broken record.  Your hero.

Do you want Mike Brown to select the next HC of the Bengals?
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 12:12 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: It seems that Palmer is stuck in 2010 since Mike Brown is nowhere to be found during this HC search and it looks like the Bengals have a new brain trust running the show.

He never mentioned Mike Brown.  The problems mentioned i.e. small scouting department, no GM, etc, are all still here.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 11:18 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Do you want Mike Brown to select the next HC of the Bengals?

No. And he's not. See, the Bengals have moved on. They are apparently not 12 yars old.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 11:21 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He never mentioned Mike Brown.  The problems mentioned i.e. small scouting department, no GM, etc, are all still here.

He doesn't have to mention Mike Brown, because the same problems that are still here are still here because of Mike Brown.  Intellectually, I realize why Palmer leaves himself open to criticism of being a loser and quitter, but the guy was sick of the same guy we are sick of for the same reasons we are sick of him.

The guy is saying something we all agree with, but damn it, we can't stand to hear it from someone like him.  Hell, if someone who drank a can of paint a day said Mike Brown is keeping the Bengals from being a real NFL team, I'd agree with him.

(01-11-2019, 11:23 AM)McC Wrote: No.  And he's not.  See, the Bengals have moved on.  They are apparently not 12 yars old.

Yes, Mike Brown ceded some control about 25 years later than he should have and we are ecstatic for it.  The bar is set low in Cincy, you can't deny that.  The notion that we aren't just going to have Marvin Lewis or the worst HC to ever HC as our HC next year is amazing news.  We are shocked and overjoyed that we aren't just going to be intentionally awful next year.  Holy crapola!
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 11:01 AM)McC Wrote: And now, when any reasonable individual would have long ago moved on, little boy Carson is still carrying a grudge when he got exactly what he wanted.  Pathetic and classless.

Obviously no one around here is "too small to move on".  Rolleyes 

I mean you'd have to be a "little boy" to still be upset over what happened back then.  It would be "pathetic and classless" to still be mad about all that.

LMAO Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 05:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ah gotcha. That certainly seems to be the consensus on Cleveland as a city. People that judge Ohio solely on Cleveland really should see Cincinnati and Columbus first.

Cincinnati is a helluva lot nicer than Cleveland. That's not even debatable. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
I’ll never understand why so many fellow Bengal fans hold a grudge against Carson because he told mike brown to go fornicate himself with an iron stick Whatever

Seems a bit hypocritical. I think a lot of the Carson hate goes back to the day he said he didn’t care for Ohio state, and his atrocious 2010 season. Made the guy easy to hate around here, I guess.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 11:29 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Cincinnati is a helluva lot nicer than Cleveland. That's not even debatable. 

You’d be surprised Whatever

People here in upstate New York think Cleveland is a treasure and Cincy is a rotting cesspool. A bit ironic coming from Syracuse, buffalo and Rochester natives.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 11:31 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: I’ll never understand why so many fellow Bengal fans hold a grudge against Carson because he told mike brown to go fornicate himself with an iron stick Whatever

Seems a bit hypocritical. I think a lot of the Carson hate goes back to the day he said he didn’t care for Ohio state, and his atrocious 2010 season. Made the guy easy to hate around here, I guess.

Carson is pretty easy to dislike, but I still don't see how someone can get on his case without tacitly defending Mike Brown.  
Reply/Quote
Yep that small scouting department dropped the ball selecting Carson's punk ass.

Think that was the point he was making is that he himself sucks.

Proof of it is that after he won only 4 games the Bengals drafted a QB that led them immediately to the playoffs. A QB many claim stinks but just had more gumption than Carson and actually tried.

Carson hated Ohio from the moment he arrived.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 11:33 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Yep that small scouting department dropped the ball selecting Carson's punk ass.

Think that was the point he was making is that he himself sucks.

Proof of it is that after he won only 4 games the Bengals drafted a QB that led them immediately to the playoffs. A QB many claim stinks but just had more gumption than Carson and actually tried.

Carson hated Ohio from the moment he arrived.

We should have traded down and taken Rex Grossman and let the Bears take Palmer.  That would have really changed things.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 11:28 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Obviously no one around here is "too small to move on".  I mean you'd have to be a "little boy" to still be upset over what happened back then.  It would be "pathetic and classless" to still be mad about all that.

LMAO Hilarious

I'm not upset in the least over what happened back then.  The world moved on even if Carson didn't.  And how telling is that?  He got exactly what he wanted and a decade later, he still has the hurting butt.  That speaks for itself.  Classless.  Is he still gonna be bitching when he's 90?

Most guys wouold have said why are you asking me?  I haven't been a Bengal in years.

Reply/Quote