Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carson: Prez shouldn't be Muslim; Muslim Congressmen might be ok...
(09-20-2015, 11:48 PM)djam Wrote: You know, if Muslims could start treating people a little better and get control of their rough bunch, I suppose it could be ok to have them in government on some level (there probably already are some), but honestly they seem pretty oppressive towards a lot of people in general, and I see no place for that in American government at this point in time. I know there are some peaceful Muslims and all, but at the same time, they seem to have the biggest faction of batshit crazy people of any religion or group of any kind.

Yeah bud...I'm going to need you to make sure that the KKK doesn't exist in the morning, since you think that radicals can be controlled by the less radical members of the religion.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-20-2015, 09:22 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: You think Donald isn't the real deal?

No more than Perry, Huckabee, Santorum, and Guliani
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(09-20-2015, 11:48 PM)djam Wrote: You know, if Muslims could start treating people a little better and get control of their rough bunch, I suppose it could be ok to have them in government on some level (there probably already are some), but honestly they seem pretty oppressive towards a lot of people in general, and I see no place for that in American government at this point in time. I know there are some peaceful Muslims and all, but at the same time, they seem to have the biggest faction of batshit crazy people of any religion or group of any kind.

Keith Ellison and Andre Carson would like to direct your attention towards the oppressive policies of many of their non Muslim colleagues in Congress

I'm surprised how many here would be OK with a President whose religious belief is to deny women equal rights.

I'm with Ben on this one.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(09-22-2015, 03:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm surprised how many here would be OK with a President whose religious belief is to deny women equal rights.

the Constitution has done a good job at preventing and repealing efforts by Christians to deny rights to women and LGBT citizens. Why would we worry about a Muslim?

(09-22-2015, 03:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm surprised how many here would be OK with a President whose religious belief is to deny women equal rights.

I'm fine with one whose faith tells them same sex marriage should be illegal.  As long as they can follow the law of the land which says it is not.

I doubt a Muslim POTUS would ban pork either.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-22-2015, 04:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm fine with one whose faith tells them same sex marriage should be illegal.  As long as they can follow the law of the land which says it is not.

Made me think of this cartoon...lol

[Image: 1-pork-ban-offend-muslim_bizarre-stuff_f...461325.jpg]
(09-22-2015, 04:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm fine with one whose faith tells them same sex marriage should be illegal.  As long as they can follow the law of the land which says it is not.

Apparently Muslims all want Sharia law. They must publicly denounce it.

Meanwhile it's considered a good thing to suggest that gay citizens do not deserve rights because your religion doesn't like them

Really not worried about a muslim president. We have an Athiest president right now.

That's actually a huge issue in France. They have messed with the meat so much people are furious.
(09-22-2015, 04:23 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: the Constitution has done a good job at preventing and repealing efforts by Christians to deny rights to women and LGBT citizens. Why would we worry about a Muslim?

Yeah, Ben said he couldn't support a Muslim as President because their beliefs are in tune with the Constitution. Whether folks like it or not our country was founded on Christian principles and a Muslim beliefs often run contrary to this. Ben was asked a question and he has not been a Politician long enough not to answer it.

Are you suggesting that Christians and Muslims are similar of the beliefs on women's rights and homosexuality?

No one said to "worry" about one, he just said he could not support one because their beliefs are contrary to the Constitution. 

I wonder how Saudi Arabian politicians would feel about a Baptist King?   
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(09-22-2015, 08:01 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Really not worried about a muslim president.   We have an Athiest president right now.

Rolleyes

(09-22-2015, 08:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, Ben said he couldn't support a Muslim as President because their beliefs are in tune with the Constitution. Whether folks like it or not our country was founded on Christian principles and a Muslim beliefs often run contrary to this. Ben was asked a question and he has not been a Politician long enough not to answer it.

Are you suggesting that Christians and Muslims are similar of the beliefs on women's rights and homosexuality?

No one said to "worry" about one, he just said he could not support one because their beliefs are contrary to the Constitution. 

I wonder how Saudi Arabian politicians would feel about a Baptist King?   

Well he's learned enough to talk about of both sides of his mouth...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/22/politics/ben-carson-religious-beliefs-muslim/

Quote:Ben Carson shifts position on Muslims in politics

Ben Carson is changing his position on whether Muslims are fit to be president.

After sparking a controversy over the weekend by saying he doesn't think a Muslim should be in the White House, the Republican presidential contender said Tuesday that he is more interested in the president prioritizing the U.S. Constitution over his or her faith.

"I don't care what a person's religion beliefs are or religious heritage is," he said at a news conference in Sharonville, Ohio. "If they embrace our Constitution and are willing to place that above their religious beliefs, I have no problem with that."

Ben Carson: U.S. shouldn't elect a Muslim president

That's a significant shift from Sunday when, during an appearance on "Meet the Press," NBC's Chuck Todd asked Carson, "Do you believe that Islam is consistent with the Constitution?"

"No, I do not," Carson responded. "I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation. I absolutely would not agree with that."

But Carson told an audience in Cedarville, Ohio, he was "asked about who should be allowed to be President of the United States."

Muslim-American group calls on Ben Carson to drop out

"And I said I think anybody, regardless of their religion, if they are willing to embrace the values and principles of America and our Constitution and subject their beliefs to the Constitution," he said. "I have no problem with that at all. And that's perfectly reasonable."

After the Cedarville event, Carson maintained that he has held a consistent position, despite evidence to the contrary. He claimed Sunday he said as long as such a person remains true to American values, he would have no objection.

He initially walked back his comments on Monday, after receiving criticism from Democrats and Republicans alike.

In a post on Facebook on Monday night, Carson said a Muslim could serve as president if they disavow Sharia law in order to get his support.
"I could never support a candidate for president of the United States that was Muslim and had not renounced the central (tenet) of Islam: Sharia Law," he wrote. "I know that there are many peaceful Muslims who do not adhere to these beliefs. But until these tenets are fully renounced ... I cannot advocate any Muslim candidate for President."
(09-22-2015, 08:01 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Really not worried about a muslim president.   We have an Athiest president right now.

Oh, how I long for the day that this statement is actually true.
(09-22-2015, 04:23 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: the Constitution has done a good job at preventing and repealing efforts by Christians to deny rights to women and LGBT citizens. Why would we worry about a Muslim?

Yet you have people worried about Ben Carson and his Christian beliefs.

See the Carson thread.
(09-23-2015, 01:13 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: Yet you have people worried about Ben Carson and his Christian beliefs.

See the Carson thread.

I assure you I'd be able to worry about specific Muslim candidates, as well.  The issue here is saying that no one who is Muslim could/should be president.  As much as I'd not like seeing Carson in the white house it doesn't lead me to say "No Christian should ever be president."
(09-23-2015, 01:13 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: Yet you have people worried about Ben Carson and his Christian beliefs.

See the Carson thread.

Is that the Science / Satan thread?

That's not a problem with him being a Christian...its him doing EXACTLY what he said a Muslim President would do:  Putting his faith ahead of everything else.
(09-22-2015, 10:02 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Oh, how I long for the day that this statement is actually true.

Would love to see a muslim try and force women in this country to wear a hood and not drive. Would be quite funny.
(09-23-2015, 09:39 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Would love to see a muslim try and force women in this country to wear a hood and not drive.    Would be quite funny.

Or a Christian force women to get vaginal probes.  Hilarious stuff there.  Mellow

Would depend on whether he's running as a Democrat...
For a guy worried about someone else's religious beliefs, he sure won't STFU about his own.  Surprised he isn't self aware enough to realize he is the opposite side of the same coin.