Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RB positional spending 2021
(01-19-2021, 10:55 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I think the Bengals did use the RB a good amount in the passing game. Mixon and Bernard combined for 68 receptions on 85 targets. That'd be 4th most in the offense if by a single person. Add another 17 targets for Perine and Trayveon Williams, and you're looking at 102 targets to all RBs.

That 102 total targets to RBs is 17th in the NFL. Ahead of the following playoff teams: SEA, CHI, PIT, CLE, BUF, LAR, BAL, and TEN (57% of playoff teams).

Here's the data in case you're interested - https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/reports/targets-distribution/rb.php

Thanks Ocho, didn't know that. Good stuff, I just hope this keeps up and once in awhile we see both Mixon and Gio out there
at the same time. I think this is an unpredictable formation with both in the backfield similar to what we used to run back in the
late 80's the last time we went to a Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 11:59 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I just saw the Ravens released Ingrim after they drafted Dobbins and how he performed as a rookie. This is the way.

You mean you should not draft a RB like Mixon, and then give his backup almost 5 million a year?????????????????  Sarcasm

Then put guards in front of them who make less than the back up RB.............................combined????????????  Sarcasm

We have a potential franchise QB, so the plan was to be frugal at the guard position?? 

Why do we wonder why the OL is so bad? Blame the OL couch, that is fine, but the FO ignored fixing our biggest weakness, sounds like they may just do it again.  Sad
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote