Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carson on XM Right Now
(04-23-2020, 11:03 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The media declared Brady Quinn an instant bust because he was drafted by the Browns and was chewing gum. The media said "Im not surprised" when Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson gave up on the Lions.  The idea that the Bucs blew it with Bo Jackson and Steve Young is still talked about today and so on.  We aren't alone. 

Colin Cowherd went on endlessly about how the 2019 Browns were a bunch of ego maniacs who were going to flop hard.  The list goes on. 

We haven't had a winning season since 2015.  Im not sure how that can be explained without making us look bad. 

It doesn’t need to be explained. The team picking 1st overall is obviously bad. The false narratives are unnecessary, and lazy though. And it was especially bad because they had nothing else to talk about because of the shutdown.

But why expect actual interesting stories and coverage when we can just hear about “DiD JoE BuRroW jUsT TeLL tHe BeNgAlS NoT to DrAfT HiM???” 37x a week.

Or the nonsense about how we ruin QB’s when we’ve only had 2 in the past 15 years, and the last one is going out the door with a winning record.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
The media has done less complaining about the Bengals after their surprisingly active and legit FA period, much like we have. Amazing how that works.

I think you're letting a few agitators convince you we are under attack.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2020, 11:15 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The media has done less complaining about the Bengals after their surprisingly active and legit FA period, much like we have. Amazing how that works.

I think you're letting a few agitators convince you we are under attack.

Nope. Plenty of them swept our FA under the rug like it didn’t even happen.

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2020, 11:19 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nope. Plenty of them swept our FA under the rug like it didn’t even happen.

I must be living in the land of orange and black then.  Well if we can't agree on something like this I guess we can't even argue it. 

I'm watching a mock draft now and they love Burrow and didn't even mention his career being doomed.  
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2020, 11:22 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I must be living in the land of orange and black then.  Well if we can't agree on something like this I guess we can't even argue it. 

I'm watching a mock draft now and they love Burrow and didn't even mention his career bring doomed.  

That’s refreshing. Other than Mel Kiper (who went on a total rant about all this so I’m must not be imagining it...) it usually ends up going down that path at some point.

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 11:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yes, you think people would come around to the idea that we dug ourselves into a hole of disdain and we have to win our way out of it.  I suppose that's less attractive an option than acting like you are on the cross for some, though.

Let's try an experiment....pretend you are part of the media and explain the following graphic without making the Steelers look good or the Bengals look bad.

[Image: rivalry.jpg]
You're so full of bullshit. Gee, thank you for enlightening us oh great one! Saying are last playoff game was a decade ago, is trying to make it sound like eons ago! There are plenty of teams that haven't made the playoffs in the last 5 years. 
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 10:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, this concept that Carson Palmer is sitting in his mansion tearing his hair out about the Bengals seems like a manufactured narrative held by Bengals fans who simply can't stop playing the woebegone victim that everyone is after.

Carson Palmer is out to get us
the NFL is out to get us
the media is out to get us
the Steelers and the Rooneys are out to get us

I became a Bengals fan because I wanted to wear stipey shirts and root against the Steelers, not because I wanted to wear a tinfoil hat and whine about being persecuted.  But to each his own.  God, I hope Burrow doesn't turn out to be yet another deep-state plant out to get us!

That is only your concept. 
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2020, 11:33 AM)sandwedge Wrote: You're so full of bullshit. Gee, thank you for enlightening us oh great one! Saying are last playoff game was a decade ago, is trying to make it sound like eons ago! There are plenty of teams that haven't made the playoffs in the last 5 years. 

We made the playoffs 5 years in a row and then had 4 losing seasons in a row.  Try not to get too pleased with yourself there. 

At any rate you are free to disregard my argument. I'd actually prefer you did, honestly.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2020, 11:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s refreshing. Other than Mel Kiper (who went on a total rant about all this so I’m must not be imagining it...) it usually ends up going down that path at some point.

The media loves to point out how often that guy is wrong.  Im almost convinced he's just trolling now. 
Reply/Quote