Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carson on XM Right Now
Always been a huge fan of Carson and honestly can't blame him when he left. Mike Brown and his cheapness take a toll on all the players. Thankfully it seems like Katie and Duke Tobin are running the show more and more the last few years and Mike's taken a backseat.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 08:57 PM)Big Boss Wrote: dId JoE bUrRoW jUsT tElL tHe BeNgAlS nOt To DrAfT hIm???
Why would you say this??

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 04:00 PM)Destro Wrote: I'm thinking a lot of players just "saw too much" when it came to Bengals misery. They really can't see it as something other than bad as that was their viewpoint. Vietnam is a beautiful country but do you think most veterans of the war could see it that way?

Wow!!!!! Are you in my head.. Our Whodeys have been snakebitten as hell ever since the shula bowl
Reply/Quote
then on the Dan Patrick Show he says this

Quote:“There is a ton of unknowns on Joe [Burrow],” Palmer added. “He played one year of college football. It is extremely risky, right? But you’ve got to have a quarterback. And that position is — as we know — it’s the position you have to have. Every team that is a Super Bowl contender has a quarterback. So until you have that guy, you’re always looking for him. Now, Andy Dalton still is under contract. Chase Young, as you’re saying, could be the best player in the draft — probably is the best player in the draft. I think it’s a really difficult decision that they have to make. They have to either pass up on a guy that’s a 14-sack guy or go after a guy that could be the future of your franchise and handle the quarterback position for the future of your franchise for the next 10 to 15 years. It’s obviously a big decision and a difficult decision.”

Florio is all over himself trying to convince the world that Carson has some insider knowledge on the draft

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Carson Palmer of all people talking about a QB only having one good year in college is pretty rich...

Reply/Quote
I mean what else can he say? He had a SB contending roster in 2005 and we had another one in 2015, and now we've had the biggest FA we've ever had thanks to the new coaches, and there is just not many places for Carson to go to display anymore whine at this point. Even he knows it looks more like him being the problem the more he does it.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 08:43 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Carson Palmer of all people talking about a QB only having one good year in college is pretty rich...

Do you mean in 01 nobody had CP slated as a 1st round draft pick ? Fred ?
Reply/Quote
Carson who?
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 08:45 AM)bengaloo Wrote: I mean what else can he say? He had a SB contending roster in 2005 and we had another one in 2015, and now we've had the biggest FA we've ever had thanks to the new coaches, and there is just not many places for Carson to go to display anymore whine at this point. Even he knows it looks more like him being the problem the more he does it.

So we've had a shot at the SB twice in the past 32 years?  That's not how the modern NFL is supposed to work. 

I will say it does make me wonder what the SB win tally would be if we shifted the teams around Palmer, Eli and Ben and so on.
Reply/Quote
Carson trying to stay relevant. Time to grow up Carson and move on. You left 10 years ago and no one gives a shit about you.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 11:23 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Carson trying to stay relevant. Time to grow up Carson and move on. You left 10 years ago and no one gives a shit about you.

Agreed.  Some people really need to grow up and get the hell over it, already. 
Reply/Quote
Andy has more room to ***** about lack of Free agents than Palmer ever did. Bengals were actually active and Pursuing Free agents while Carson was here.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 11:23 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Carson trying to stay relevant. Time to grow up Carson and move on. You left 10 years ago and no one gives a shit about you.

Pretty sure he didn't call XM and ask to go on the radio and talk about the Bengals.  

Palmer is my favorite Bengals QB of all time.  That will probably change if Burrow pans out, simply because I like Burrow that much as a person.  

He actually laid it out pretty logically.  It's funny that Willie Anderson can say the same shit and people don't point any fingers about him staying relevant.
Reply/Quote

(04-22-2020, 12:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Agreed.  Some people really need to grow up and get the hell over it, already. 

He is relevant because he was the pick the last time the Bengals had the #1 overall, and he also happens to be a quarterback.

Carson is not seeking out the media.  They are seeking him.  If this was jus Carson's attempt to get the spotlight he probably would have combed his hair.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 01:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He is relevant because he was the pick the last time the Bengals had the #1 overall, and he also happens to be a quarterback.

Carson is not seeking out the media.  They are seeking him.  If this was jus Carson's attempt to get the spotlight he probably would have combed his hair.

Read betwixt the lines of my post. 
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 02:21 PM)McC Wrote: Well, here's hoping it's the beginning of a new way of operating and not a one off.

Not saying they even have to spend a bundle every year, just that they don't forget FA is out there to get the missing pieces.

I'd like to know if Mike Brown is no longer calling the shots.  With such a dramatic break from past FA conduct, I can't believe the octogenarian is still in charge. 
It's not like they were reckless, they just took advantage of the opportunity sitting in front of their faces.  Huge amount of cap money plus drafting at the top for 7 rounds.  That ought to motivate the front office to make some radical changes on a 2-14 roster.  Will they be leaning heavily towards picks for the offense where they need starters and depth at the Oline?
Reply/Quote
Even Scrooge became aware of the ticking clock, and took a shot at living in the moment. Could this be part of it? Mike's lightened up a little at times the past few years.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 03:39 PM)SladeX Wrote: Even Scrooge became aware of the ticking clock, and took a shot at living in the moment. Could this be part of it? Mike's lightened up a little at times the past few years.

If ZT stinks this year and he's actually replaced then I'll fully believe the tide has turned. 
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 02:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Read betwixt the lines of my post. 

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 02:14 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Said that Burrow should be excited if Burrow is drafted by the Bengals.  Said that they are making some serious moves.

He obviously said that they haven't done that before, but that they are making a strong effort to build a winner.

(04-21-2020, 02:30 PM)kdgjr Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxcTeAKWJca6XyJ37_ZoKIQ?sub_confirmation=1

Carson Palmer states that Joe Burrow grew up a Bengals fan.

Pat McAfee
@PatMcAfeeShow
Chatting with former #Bengals QB Carson Palmer about
@Joe_Burrow10
potentially going to Cincinnati

"It's a special situation for him and a chance to go home and be in front of his family" #PatMcAfeeShowLIVE

"A narrative starting getting spun that if Joe Burrow were to be drafted by the #Bengals, he would say no (because of Carson Palmer leaving).. is there any validity to you or anybody ever saying that to Joe Burrow?"

"Zero. None." - Carson Palmer

Wow, good on Carson.  Shocked
Reply/Quote