Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carson says Burrow is the best QB in the league
and Jordan says Burrow played at 6'4 203 this year, he must have been well under 200 post appendectomy (starts at 35:16)

Reply/Quote
When Joe Burrow has bad protection up front he is an excellent quarterback. When the pass protection is better he is the best player — not just quarterback— on the entire planet.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He's certainly top-2.

Have a hard time putting him in front of a guy who is only a year older yet has hosted 5 AFC Championships, gone to 3 SBs, won 1 (potentially 2) SB(s), and is a 2x MVP.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2023, 06:00 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: When Joe Burrow has bad protection up front he is an excellent quarterback.  When the pass protection is better he is the best player — not just quarterback— on the entire planet.

Joe is not better than Mahomes yet.

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2023, 06:26 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He's certainly top-2.

Have a hard time putting him in front of a guy who is only a year older yet has hosted 5 AFC Championships, gone to 3 SBs, won 1 (potentially 2) SB(s), and is a 2x MVP.

Yeah, I don’t think there is anything wrong with saying Joe is number 2 when people are already putting Mahomes in their top 5 all time, calling him the Jordan of NFL. Burrow can just keep being him, and if he can get some super bowls, it’ll all take care of itself.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2023, 06:26 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He's certainly top-2.

(02-05-2023, 06:29 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Joe is not better than Mahomes yet.

Comparing Burrow and Mahomes is tough. PFF grades their OL so much better. With Joe’s accuracy give him time it would be interesting. In 2020 Mahomes struggled too with that OL. But I’d agree Patrick has a much better resume.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2023, 06:45 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Comparing Burrow and Mahomes is tough. PFF grades their OL so much better. With Joe’s accuracy give him time it would be interesting. In 2020 Mahomes struggled too with that OL. But I’d agree Patrick has a much better resume.

Mahomes has had this oline for 2 years, yet hosted 5 AFC title games.

Pat entered a better situation with a more talented team but he has earned that #1 spot.

Maybe one day we will see Joe with a great oline.

Reply/Quote
I still have Pat as #1, but the fact that’s it’s even a conversation is really exciting. I can’t wait to see what Joe can do with a normal offseason. You have to think 40 TD’s, 5 K yards is realistic.

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2023, 06:50 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Mahomes has had this oline for 2 years, yet hosted 5 AFC title games.

Pat entered a better situation with a more talented team but he has earned that #1 spot.

Yep but in 2020 he struggled. In the Super Bowl. And I said his resume better. But I think it’s closer than many (outside the Bengal land) think
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2023, 06:50 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Mahomes has had this oline for 2 years, yet hosted 5 AFC title games.

Pat is always going to have the coaching advantage imo, too. Reid is arguably the best offensive mind of his generation. Zac has a long way to go to catch up with that resume.

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2023, 06:55 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Yep but in 2020 he struggled. In the Super Bowl. And I said his resume better. But I think it’s closer than many (outside the Bengal land) think

And the vast majority would say that only Bengals fans think Burrow is better or Pat's equal. 

I am very happy that Joe is in the conversation and has seemingly passed Allen.

Reply/Quote
Remember when we were all annoyed people though Herbert was better.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2023, 06:55 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Yep but in 2020 he struggled. In the Super Bowl. And I said his resume better. But I think it’s closer than many (outside the Bengal land) think

Yeah, and Mahomes was drafted by a division winning roster. Burrow was drafted by the team with the worst record. Not apples to oranges. Mahomes has been in the league longer, but certainly has a resume that is hard to argue with. We can have the argument until we are blue in the face, but only time will tell.

I’d rather have Burrow, but both are great. 1-2 in my book. I’d give Mahomes the edge until Burrow builds his resume a little more. 2 years from now it’ll be more clear, but this argument could last over a decade.
Reply/Quote
I don't even need Burrow to be the best. I just want to say he's among the best because he's won a Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
I'd say he's the best quarterback and Mahomes is the better athlete.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2023, 09:46 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: and Jordan says Burrow played at 6'4 203 this year, he must have been well under 200 post appendectomy (starts at 35:16)

He was listed as 6'3 and 221 in 2021 so he grew an inch when he lost weight.  Joe said he dropped abt 10lbs from 2021 but if this is true it was closer to 20lbs.  Of course, he may not have recovered everything he lost from the appendectomy either.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2023, 06:45 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Comparing Burrow and Mahomes is tough. PFF grades their OL so much better. With Joe’s accuracy give him time it would be interesting. In 2020 Mahomes struggled too with that OL. But I’d agree Patrick has a much better resume.

That's my point right there.

You say Mahomes struggled, but he went 14-2 in a season where he throws 38 TD/6 INT, was 2nd Team All-Pro, and went to the Super Bowl.

Mahomes is so good we've just kind of normalized him hosting the AFC Championship, going to the Super Bowl, and being great.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2023, 07:48 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That's my point right there.

You say Mahomes struggled, but he went 14-2 in a season where he throws 38 TD/6 INT, was 2nd Team All-Pro, and went to the Super Bowl.

Mahomes is so good we've just kind of normalized him hosting the AFC Championship, going to the Super Bowl, and being great.

Everyone remembers him struggling in the Super Bowl against the Bucs, but honestly he really wasn’t even that great against the 9ers. At least for his standards.

26 for 42
61.9 completion %
286 yards 2 TD’s (29 yards & 1 TD rushing)
2 INT’s
2 Fumbles (one lost)
78.1 rating

He got very lucky Jimmy G missed a wide open Kittke for a TD or they might have lost that game, and the gap between him and Burrow is just a tiny bit narrower (he’d still have a 50 TD MVP season though).

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2023, 07:48 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That's my point right there.

And I don’t disagree with that but in the Super Bowl Mahomes offense failed to score a TD only 3 times has that ever happened in a SB.

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2023, 07:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'd say he's the best quarterback and Mahomes is the better athlete.

Pretty much

Reply/Quote