Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cart ride
Now this is a fun thread to read! hahahaha!! really fun!!! lol
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 10:47 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I always thought this cart ride was a little crazy:

I love the guy who rolls off at the end like he's on a tanker truck full of jet fuel going 80 downhill without brakes.  If dude hangs on for like two more seconds the guy was jumping on and got control.    
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2023, 11:07 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote:

I mean, credit to Chase. He's been saying the same thing for seemingly over a month now. You're not healthy so rest and get healthy first THEN play.

Could be 0-2 with a 100% healthy Burrow coming back rather than 0-2 from terrible Burrow play and a reaggravated injury looking like he will miss games. The former would feel a lot better than the latter.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I want JB around for many years. If that means this season isn’t the year, so be it, but take care of the brst player we’ve ever had.
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 07:59 PM)samhain Wrote: Best guess: Joe is pushing hard to start and doing his best to hide it if he's in pain.  The look on his face when he hopped off the cart tells me that Mike might have discouraged being a hero, maybe even outright told him he wasn't playing.

I tend to believe this too.  He may be taking it out of Taylor's hands completely to make sure Burrow doesn't get angry if Taylor sits him.

Alternatively - Brown wanted advice from Burrow in regards to his granddaughters birthday present. 
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2023, 11:20 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: I love the guy who rolls off at the end like he's on a tanker truck full of jet fuel going 80 downhill without brakes.  If dude hangs on for like two more seconds the guy was jumping on and got control.    

Lolol !! Big Grin That was hysterical
Reply/Quote
I love how they actually go for a ride lol. Can't just sit in the cart and talk it out. Need to keep it movin' despite the fact there's no destination.
Reply/Quote
Where are all the people that claimed this injury wouldn't linger in the other JB thread?
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 09:20 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Sure, but did Joe place his hand on Mike's knee during the ride?

[Image: benjarvus-green-ellis-mike-brown-knee.jpg]

LMAO, this what I instantly thought of. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2023, 12:43 PM)basballguy Wrote: Where are all the people that claimed this injury wouldn't linger in the other JB thread?

According to Petraglia, he's out there today doing full warmups, running, and with "high energy". It's likely going to be like this all year.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I gotta think he goes.... this is the season. If they lose then go ahead and say he tweaked it again and shut him down.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2023, 12:52 PM)Wyche Wrote: According to Petraglia, he's out there today doing full warmups, running, and with "high energy". It's likely going to be like this all year.

RUNNING?!?!?!?!
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2023, 12:56 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I gotta think he goes.... this is the season.  If they lose then go ahead and say he tweaked it again and shut him down.

Turning back the clock on what that amazing basballguy said last week:

(09-14-2023, 04:01 PM)basballguy Wrote: I'm not giving up on the Bengals but I don't think they bounce back fast enough.  I'm willing to bet it's a more competitive game and Bengals lose something like 27-21.  

I can then see this playing out one of two ways:

Bengals bounce back similar to last year and make the playoffs OR
Bengals continue to struggle for various reasons and the Bengals decide Burrow's calf injury is lingering too much and shut him down for the year (like if we start something like 0-4 or 1-5 or something)
I get the feeling the bounce back is less likely to happen, but i'm still hopeful.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Mike is a nice guy. No doubt in my mind it was a short ride with a conversation assuring Joe the organization believes in him. It's no doubt Joe is feeling down on himself. He's a players player. He want's to win and wants to play. Since there's a good chance this team is going to protect their investment and sit Burrow, this was a good conversation to be had, coming from the big dog himself.

Reply/Quote
since this is kind of a random thread I thought this would be a good place to ask a random question. I live in the Columbus area and was thinking of getting NFL+ for a cheap way I can watch a Bengals game if they aren't on local stations. But I was curious if anyone had it on here and what they thought of the red zone? Is it good like the one directv had?
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2023, 12:28 PM)tms Wrote: I love how they actually go for a ride lol. Can't just sit in the cart and talk it out. Need to keep it movin' despite the fact there's no destination.

Mike's a lot of things, but dumb isn't one of them. He knows there are reporters with parabolic microphones that could sit and listen to everything they said if he was stationary.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 11:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Mike's a lot of things, but dumb isn't one of them. He knows there are reporters with parabolic microphones that could sit and listen to everything they said if he was stationary.

Lol good one
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 11:30 AM)tms Wrote: Lol good one

How do you think you hear the sounds on the field?

[Image: main-qimg-d80ac155ab9b02444442c3b855d382c2-lq]
Reply/Quote
That cart ride involved Mike Brown talking and Joe Burrow listening. I suspect the conversation involved (1) Mike’s belief in Joe’s long term viability and (2) signing AJ McCarron.

Let’s not forget AJ was Mike Brown’s draft pick back in the day; he wanted someone who would push Andy Dalton to a higher level of play. Joe does not require such a push, of course.
Reply/Quote