Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Case for Ken Anderson
Ran across this article today. Given it is a few years old; however, it will make you all the more certain that Ken is a Canton snub and should end discusion about best Bengal QB ever:

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/injustice-canton-the-case-for-ken-anderson/2416/
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Anderson should definitely be in the HOF. Although since he hasn't gotten in yet, it's highly unlikely he ever does.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Him, Riely, and Parrish should all be in the HOF.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
My father who is not a Bengals fan (he is a born and raised 9er fan) always reminisces about how good Kenny was.

I always try to go to him for insight about the NFL of the past.

He always tells me how Anderson was a great QB and its a shame that he gets overlooked for the HOF. He had a good stretch where he was the best QB in the league. He was extremely accurate and a true leader.

I wish I could have watched him then. 

At least he will surely be in the 'Stache HOF
Reply/Quote
Oh yeah!!  Without a doubt he deserves to be in!!!
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
One of the worst snubs ever.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Sadly, a super bowl win probably would've gotten him in.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2015, 09:01 PM)Wyche Wrote: One of the worst snubs ever.....

IMO

And, one of the smartest QB's ever too. He didn't have the best physical tools. Yet he still put up amazing numbers year-after-year, leading the league in passing on several occasions in the 70's. He knew how to get it done.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Need to add that Anderson was also a great running QB.

-Only 4 QBs in NFL history have both more passing yards and more rushing yards than Anderson (John Elway, Fran Tarkenton, Steve Young, Donovan McNabb).

-Since 1950 only 24 QBs have over 2000 rushing yards. Among those 24 Anderson's 5.6 average per carry ranks 8th
Reply/Quote
And most important of all Anderson had the greatest 'stache of any QB in NFL history

[Image: 09000d5d82073fec_gallery_600.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It appears lately that Ken Anderson is receiving more and more love from the media. Whether it be from NFL.com or even ESPN, it seems his name is buzzing around a lot more, and not just amongst Bengals fans.

I hope he gets in, he deserves to be in.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2015, 02:15 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: It appears lately that Ken Anderson is receiving more and more love from the media. Whether it be from NFL.com or even ESPN, it seems his name is buzzing around a lot more, and not just amongst Bengals fans.

Because he is "former Steeler assistant coach" Ken Anderson.
Reply/Quote
Ken's a great guy and I've known him most of my life, which that doesn't even go into the fact that it's one of the biggest shams that he's getting the shaft in the HOF voting.

If he had played for any other franchise, he'd be in already.

He was an amazing quarterback that could hurt you with his arms or his legs, which is just an unusual talent, and he did both at a high level.
Reply/Quote
Kenny so deserves to be in and it's a tragedy he's not. You have to remember when he put his numbers up defenses actually played defense.
Reply/Quote
>First NFl game played in Ohio - October 3, 1920– Dayton Triangles 14, Columbus Panhandles 0

>West Coast Offense invented in Ohio (Bill Walsh Bengals)

>No Huddle Offense invented in Ohio (Sam Wyche Bengals)

You would think we would get a little more respect. Of coarse Kenny belongs in the HOF.

Which btw is also located in.........................................yup

Not to mention:
Cincinnati had the first professional baseball team in effect having a 'little' part in creating the MLB. (Red Stockings  1869)

Also, flight.

Reply/Quote