Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caskey stays
Kyle Caskey has been retained as running backs coach.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Kind of hard to judge the guy with how bad the O-line has been the last couple years.

Maybe with a decent O-line Gio and Mixon can be one of the best duos in the league. They have the talent.
Reply/Quote
I know I've been negative, but he ruined Hill and Mixon didn't have the year everyone thought he would, and no one knows how to use Gio who could be our Alvin Kamara or Sproles. Not sure he was a "must" sign back.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 07:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: I know I've been negative, but he ruined Hill and Mixon didn't have the year everyone thought he would, and no one knows how to use Gio who could be our Alvin Kamara or Sproles. Not sure he was a "must" sign back.

I don't know if he ruined Hill as much as the bad blocking did.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 07:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: I know I've been negative, but he ruined Hill and Mixon didn't have the year everyone thought he would, and no one knows how to use Gio who could be our Alvin Kamara or Sproles. Not sure he was a "must" sign back.

I think Hill ruined Hill...
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 07:27 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I think Hill ruined Hill...

Oline ruined Hill.

Clearly.

RBs coaches seem to be pretty good, in this franchise's history.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Blocking killed Hill
Reply/Quote
Eh, we got a new Hill now, Brian Hill out of U-dub.

He might actually bring something to the table cause he isn't ruined.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 07:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, we got a new Hill now, Brian Hill out of U-dub.

He might actually bring something to the table cause he isn't ruined.

Good looking RB!
Reply/Quote
I wante to see more of brian hill sooner then we did.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 07:35 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Good looking RB!

(01-03-2018, 07:51 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I wante to see more of brian hill sooner then we did.

He did look pretty damn good in limited snaps didn't he?

Might of found something here. Physical RB that plays fast and has good vision unlike Jeremeh.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 08:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He did look pretty damn good in limited snaps didn't he?

Might of found something here. Physical RB that plays fast and has good vision unlike Jeremeh.

I don't know man, in '14 I watched Hill take over two games in particular, Carolina and Denver. (Cleveland games don't count)  He has plenty of speed, and showed good vision at that time.  I'm not so sure that Paul Alexander's failed blocking scheme isn't what ruined Hill.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 09:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't know man, in '14 I watched Hill take over two games in particular, Carolina and Denver. (Cleveland games don't count)  He has plenty of speed, and showed good vision at that time.  I'm not so sure that Paul Alexander's failed blocking scheme isn't what ruined Hill.

Yeah, Jeremy was great as a rookie late in the season. Was calling for him to get more snaps than Gio after that...

Then he fell off a cliff under that scheme.

Just saying it is time to move on, i like Gio, Mixon and Brian Hill for the future squad.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 09:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, Jeremy was great as a rookie late in the season. Was calling for him to get more snaps than Gio after that...

Then he fell off a cliff under that scheme.

Just saying it is time to move on, i like Gio, Mixon and Brian Hill for the future squad.

Yep, I thought Hill was going to be the next Corey Dillon.  I don't hate the guy.  I actually hope that a change of scenery does him well.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 09:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, I thought Hill was going to be the next Corey Dillon.  I don't hate the guy.  I actually hope that a change of scenery does him well.

Saw the same thing in his college and rookie tape. Saw a mix of Dillon and Larry Johnson myself.

Wish him the best.

Might be very good in another scheme and he is still fairly young and has not been beaten to a pulp.
Reply/Quote
THREE SECOND ROUND PICKS!!!! And the worst rushing attack in the history of the franchise.

This is one of the coaches that should have been gone.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 09:24 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: THREE SECOND ROUND PICKS!!!! And the worst rushing attack in the history of the franchise.

This is one of the coaches that should have been gone.

PA's failure makes it virtually impossible to fairly judge almost any other coach.  He was a one man wrecking crew, and not just in the buffet line.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 09:27 PM)McC Wrote: PA's failure makes it virtually impossible to fairly judge almost any other coach.  He was a one man wrecking crew, and not just in the buffet line.

Hill regressed big time under him. So has Gio. Mixon was suppossed to be arguably the most talented back in the draft. Burkhead got barely any pt. 

Dude was handed 3 2nd round picks. The first two came in looking studly and fell off. Im pointing right at Caskey
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 09:33 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Hill regressed big time under him. So has Gio. Mixon was suppossed to be arguably the most talented back in the draft. Burkhead got barely any pt. 

Dude was handed 3 2nd round picks. The first two came in looking studly and fell off. Im pointing right at Caskey

When Hill had blocking, he ran his ass off his rookie year.  They were running the counter trey and running all over people.

This year, when there was anywhere to run, which was seldom until the last third of the season, all three backs ran well.  In the history of the league, there have been very few backs who didn't need somewhere to run, to not be dodging tacklers in the backfield.  There have been a few.  They are all in the HOF.

Reply/Quote
I believe 3 things came together to ruin J. Hill

Himself: there for awhile he got this idea in his head he was a scat back - he's not

Scheme: they tried to use him standing up in the shotgun - that's not where he excells

Blocking: he's the type of downhill runner that needs a bit of a lane

While I doubt he's gonna go somewhere else and be the next Earl Campbell I'd venture to say he has some usefulness left in the right scheme.
Reply/Quote