Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cassoulet
I don't know if I've ever posted here, but I was reading a book, and the characters had a cassoulet. It sounded really good, and something I could enjoy making, but I really want to do it right. I am not a great cook by any means, but every once in a while I like to try something new. I've made a sauerbraten, a real bolognese, a jambalaya etc. I think this is my biggest undertaking yet. Anyone ever made one?

This is the recipe I've been pondering.

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/classic-cassoulet
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sounds painful

"Rub legs with salt, making sure to massage into flesh and skin."
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 04:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sounds painful

"Rub legs with salt, making sure to massage into flesh and skin."

It's definitely on the pain/pleasure threshold.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Definitely a great meal but I don't know how it is done.

I eat one of those every ten days.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 09:57 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Definitely a great meal but I don't know how it is done.

I eat one of those every ten days.

I think I'm going to give this recipe a shot.  Probably in a few weeks when my wife goes on a business trip so I can spend the time uninterrupted.  

It's always referred to as a peasant meal, but those seem to be the best kind.  Although I don't think peasants could afford to make it these days if they had to buy all the ingredients.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 10:49 AM)michaelsean Wrote:  I think I'm going to give this recipe a shot.  Probably in a few weeks when my wife goes on a business trip so I can spend the time uninterrupted.  

It's always referred to as a peasant meal, but those seem to be the best kind.  Although I don't think peasants could afford to make it these days if they had to buy all the ingredients.

damn are you royalty?
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 11:10 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: damn are you royalty?

I must be because my daughter sure acts like a princess.  (And not a cute 5 yr old, she's 23)

Reply/Quote