Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
India won the NL ROY
At least in the Baseball Digest version. There's still the Baseball Writers Association of America to be voted on I guess.. Arozarena of the Rays won it for the AL.
India is the first Red since Sabo in 1988.
Congratulations to Jonathan India, Reds second baseman!
Here's to a long, very successful career as a Red! ThumbsUp
Oddly enough the other 2nd baseman in the reds organization making headlines will play in this year's Fall Stars game on Saturday, Ivan Johnson. He's been doing pretty good in the Arizona fall League.. Congrats to Ivan Johnson as well.. ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
India sweeps ROY year award, he was just named it by MLB.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 02:30 PM)grampahol Wrote: India is the first Red since Sabo in 1988.

Scott Williamson 1999
Reply/Quote
Awesome news...happy for him.
Reply/Quote
Well Earned... Congrats
Reply/Quote
India to me is a grinder. He makes good things happen. Glad he won it.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Don't forget that among rookies with at least 300 at bats Tyler Stephenson had the highest batting average (.286) and 4th best OPS (.797).

Very impressive offensive numbers for a catcher.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2021, 09:36 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't forget that among rookies with at least 300 at bats Tyler Stephenson had the highest batting average (.286) and 4th best OPS (.797).

Very impressive offensive numbers for a catcher.

Agreed, I just hope he sticks around and stays healthy. Mesoracco had such potential, then injuries hit him and he bottomed out. We’re due some good luck there, hopefully!

As to India, glad he won the NL RotY, he played hard all year and was a bright spot in another lost season.
Reply/Quote
got his own bobble head
Reply/Quote
He deserved it. Here's to another 6 years of him continuing to get better and better, and then another 3 of aging gracefully, all as a Red.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I fought it back again, proud of myself.

Anyways congrats To J. India. He was one of the main things that made the Reds sorta fun to watch late in the season.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 08:16 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Scott Williamson 1999

I always forget about Williamson.. No idea why.. Mellow

India's in some great Reds company with Robinson, Bench, Votto and someone else I can't recall leading in extra base hits as a rookie..
I and everyone else certainly hopes his game never falls off for years to come..
Kind of nice to have a real live leadoff hitter for a change. I really thought Senzel was going to be that guy, but injuries have really been like mud in the gears to the start of his career.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Here is a very important stats regarding India's 2021 season.

1st half of season...... 258 ABs.....  6 HR.... 20 extra-base hits.... .407 SLG%
2nd half of season..... 274 ABs..... 15 HR... 37 extra-base hits.... .507 SLG%

This guy could easily be a 30 HR All-Star second baseman next year.
Reply/Quote
This should make the idea of Moose at second base obsolete.

But then the problem of Votto, Moose and Suarez, and Suarez showed he is no shortstop. Moose and Suarez can not both play third base.

India should be at second base in 2022.

For what they pay Votto, which is HUGE, he plays first base. Suarez should be at third base. It's time for a young slick fielding shortstop in the Reds system to anchor short. Stephenson bat needed in the line-up at catcher. Unless they add DH to the NL, that makes The Moose free agent or trade bait. The outfield takes a hit losing Castellanos, but a healthy return by Winker would help. Naquin is worth a shot in the OF.

India did have a good rookie year. I only hope Reds are smart enough not to bench him in strange over managing moves.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote