Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Castillo is Meh
(04-19-2019, 01:46 PM)grampahol Wrote: Castillo is just so...meh...ordinary n stuff. It's too bad we don't have 4 more meh...ordinary n stuff starters and a few more meh...ordinary n stuff bullpen arms.

Your early pronouncement of meh-ness seems to coincide with my own pronouncements of how meh things can be. Whenever I say these things they do exactly the opposite except for Disco and Billyball.. Both of them have truly been "meh" in the extreme..  I propose that we declare the entire team as "MEH" to see if they can win the world series..  Hilarious

Castillo has turned it around but I was worried this spring.  Roark has looked decent and I really like Gray.  Disco is meh.  yes I went there again.   Wood?  His health is meh.    Ninja
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2019, 02:09 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Castillo has turned it around but I was worried this spring.  Roark has looked decent and I really like Gray.  Disco is meh.  yes I went there again.   Wood?  His health is meh.    Ninja

Is there any update on Wood ?
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2019, 05:35 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Is there any update on Wood ?

I hear month of May he will start rehab.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2019, 05:35 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Is there any update on Wood ?

His name is still spelled Wood.. That's good I suppose.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
We just need to take a moment to bask in the fact that this team has finally found it's ace. It's happened, people. We didn't spend a crapload to get him in FA. We didn't trade prized prospects and mortgage the future. We have a legit, badass, in-house TOR hammer.

Even if we don't make the postseason, this is a major shift in this club's direction. it's a major piece to build on. It sends management the message to go into non-tank mode and prepare for a run of better seasons.

They aren't there yet, but I feel pretty decent about this team's direction for the first time since 2013.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 01:58 AM)samhain Wrote: We just need to take a moment to bask in the fact that this team has finally found it's ace.  It's happened, people.  We didn't spend a crapload to get him in FA.  We didn't trade prized prospects and mortgage the future.  We have a legit, badass, in-house TOR hammer.  

Even if we don't make the postseason, this is a major shift in this club's direction.  it's a major piece to build on.  It sends management the message to go into non-tank mode and prepare for a run of better seasons.

They aren't there yet, but I feel pretty decent about this team's direction for the first time since 2013.

ya Castillo with coach Johnson has become something special.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
I don't know that Baby Face Louie will continue to mow em down all season long. Chances are he's going to stumble somewhere along the way. The last two games have seen him running into a little trouble, but nothing to be overly concerned about yet.

The guy I'm the most impressed with thus far has been Hernandez. He comes in in high leverage periods and just mows them right on down with his slider and FB.. To me Hernandez is a pitchers pitcher. He walked in with bases loaded, nobody out against one of, if not the best hitting team in the NL and completely dominated them striking out the side on 13 pitches.. That was a thing of beauty and very likely the most disappointing moment in Braves history at least for this year.. I woulda hated to be a Braves fan seeing that bit of mound magic happening.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
From meh to all-star. Is he our “ace” now?
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2019, 11:49 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: From meh to all-star. Is he our “ace” now?

I think so.,  at least until the Yankees acquire him.    Nervous
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Well, now that I've been wrong about almost everything about the Reds this season so far (except Scooter), nothing personal psych, but your Mehness prediction was pretty darn meh itself.. LOL

Nearly everything I've expected this season from this team has happened exactly the opposite of how I thought it would. When I expected a strong lineup hitting well they came out flatter'n than a pancake. I expected lousy pitching and well...it's been great. When I expected the starting pitching to flounder they've stepped up with shutouts and great starts. When I expected the bullpen to pick up the slack they began looking really sad for a spell. I expected Raisel Iglesias to hold em in every game he pitched he gave up huge leads and homeruns galore and when I expected him to cough up the leads in the shutouts he's sparkled. There's a ton of things I thought would happen or not and nearly all of them have been proven wrong. I can't remember a time I've been so happy to be so wrong so many times in the same season..  Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(07-06-2019, 03:00 AM)grampahol Wrote: Well, now that I've been wrong about almost everything about the Reds this season so far (except Scooter), nothing personal psych, but your Mehness prediction was pretty darn meh itself.. LOL

Nearly everything I've expected this season from this team has happened exactly the opposite of how I thought it would. When I expected a strong lineup hitting well they came out flatter'n than a pancake. I expected lousy pitching and well...it's been great. When I expected the starting pitching to flounder they've stepped up with shutouts and great starts. When I expected the bullpen to pick up the slack they began looking really sad for a spell. I expected Raisel Iglesias to hold em in every game he pitched he gave up huge leads and homeruns galore and when I expected him to cough up the leads in the shutouts he's sparkled. There's a ton of things I thought would happen or not and nearly all of them have been proven wrong. I can't remember a time I've been so happy to be so wrong so many times in the same season..  Hilarious

I know.   Hilarious  It is almost funny how wrong.  But I still stand by that Iggy is MEH!  The MEH Psychdoctor blessing may work for Iggy too!  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Odd how our brains work in a season of any sporting event.. Earlier this season the Reds won every game I didn't watch until that streak was broken, but it lasted into June sometime. And the whole time I was thinking I had some personal way of making them win even if I knew better..
The Bengals won when I went fishing during games until they didn't..  We tend to pick up on superstitions in really silly ways..  "Hey! I wiped my ass backwards and they won so from now on I should wipe my ass backwards!"   Hilarious  If only it was so easy, huh? 

Reply/Quote