Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Catalog of Mike Brown Excuses and Dumb Quotes
(03-07-2019, 02:16 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: 9 is the optimal number only if you care more about making money than winning

Bingo! Winner winner, chicken dinner!

Winning and challenging for titles are secondary pursuits to Mike Brown. The primary pursuits are ensuring gainful employment to the legion of unqualified family members and running the team on a spendthrift model that maximizes yearly profitability while keeping overhead costs at a minimum. Holding the city’s feet to the fire for stadium concessions is something else Mike is passionate about. Winning is nice when it happens, but has been rendered somewhat obsolete by league revenue sharing. Revenue sharing that Brown and Ralph Wilson pushed hard to get.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 04:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Before I joined these boards, I'd never met anyone who defended Mike Brown.

Tbh, I still haven't met anyone like that face to face. Maybe they're bots?  Nervous

It seems like any small move that Mike makes that may be the right move gets blown out of proportion and people start thinking that maybe "Mike Brown has turned over a new leaf and gives a shit or Katie and Troy are in full control". Only to be confronted with the fact that for every right move Mike makes he follows it up with several dumb ones. Lets face it, Katie and Troy may be the face of the organization but nothing gets done without Mike's approval.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 10:01 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: It seems like any small move that Mike makes that may be the right move gets blown out of proportion and people start thinking that maybe "Mike Brown has turned over a new leaf and gives a shit or Katie and Troy are in full control". Only to be confronted with the fact that for every right move Mike makes he follows it up with several dumb ones. Lets face it, Katie and Troy may be the face of the organization but nothing gets done without Mike's approval.

Haha. That is a great point.

Firing a coach that probably didn't still want to be the coach after he was here for 15 years and 0-7 in the playoffs qualifies as 'WOW - The Bengals have changed.'

Marvin gets 5 years max to win a playoff game for 90% of the owners in the league. He overstayed his welcome here by 5 years.

Then, they didn't hire Hue Jackson as the coach and hired any other person but him...and that's a big solace to the fanbase.

Trading for Glenn. Once again, other teams address needs all the time. I'm glad we traded for Glenn, but national perception last year was the Bengals didn't do much in the offseason. Bengal fan perception was that we went on some wild spending spree.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 10:01 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: It seems like any small move that Mike makes that may be the right move gets blown out of proportion and people start thinking that maybe "Mike Brown has turned over a new leaf and gives a shit or Katie and Troy are in full control". Only to be confronted with the fact that for every right move Mike makes he follows it up with several dumb ones. Lets face it, Katie and Troy may be the face of the organization but nothing gets done without Mike's approval.

Exactly why I never jump head first into any "things are different" talk. If I'm being honest, as much as I like the Zac Taylor hire, it's in the back of my head that maybe Mike wanted these guys because they're cheap. There isn't a single guy on this staff that couldn't be had at a discount rate. All of them (except Duffner) have weak (or light) resumes for the position they were hired to. All the way up to Zac Taylor himself. 

That's why I'm looking forward to free agency. If we cheap out with typical Bengals inactivity, it will tell me all I need to know. If we spend like a team coming off 3 straight losing seasons with a new HC and plenty of cap space, maybe there's some real hope. Even then, it's an ongoing thing. Ultimately, I think Mike is who he is. He's changed a lot less than people think. 

The only hope is that Katie is much better once the old man is out of the picture. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 12:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Exactly why I never jump head first into any "things are different" talk. If I'm being honest, as much as I like the Zac Taylor hire, it's in the back of my head that maybe Mike wanted these guys because they're cheap. There isn't a single guy on this staff that couldn't be had at a discount rate. All of them (except Duffner) have weak (or light) resumes for the position they were hired to. All the way up to Zac Taylor himself. 

That's why I'm looking forward to free agency. If we cheap out with typical Bengals inactivity, it will tell me all I need to know. If we spend like a team coming off 3 straight losing seasons with a new HC and plenty of cap space, maybe there's some real hope. Even then, it's an ongoing thing. Ultimately, I think Mike is who he is. He's changed a lot less than people think. 

The only hope is that Katie is much better once the old man is out of the picture. 

I think that’s in the back of most of our minds. I think we all have suspicions that they wanted to hire the cheapest and most submissive head coach candidate. The guy who won’t try to change the way the organization operates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
2018 after the hiring of Zac Taylor

"I really like Ike Taylor as a person, we hired him for his football skills and how he treats his women with respect"
Reply/Quote