Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another coach hired
(03-05-2019, 10:30 AM)grampahol Wrote: Almost sounds like a bet hedging thing after the Austin debacle .. 

If that is the case, if it's the entire reason, not a bad thing at all.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2019, 01:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Kwon may not be what we need:

Kwon Alexander finished 2018 with an overall grade of 59.1, the second-lowest grade out of his four professional seasons. The fourth-year linebacker out of LSU played only six games due to tearing his ACL early in the year. His pass-rush grade of 78.8 ranked ninth out of 96 linebackers last season.

Pro Football Focus will be running through 50-plus pending/soon-to-be free agents between January 7, 2019 and March 8, 2019 to offer a detailed analysis of the top players bound for new contracts and (possibly) new teams in 2019. We want to house all of the important grades, advanced stats and key analysis for each player, so you know exactly what your team is getting in free agency.

To review all of our free agent profiles in one place, please visit this page.

Alexander’s overall grade of 59.1 ranked 66th among linebackers last season. Although he had below average grades in run defense (53.3) and coverage (57.1), he did excel as a pass-rusher. On only 32 pass-rush snaps in six games, Alexander recorded six pressures. His ability as a pass-rusher will be valuable to any takers this offseason.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2019-free-agency-profile-kwon-alexander

Might be correct, we already have a great pass rushing Linebacker in Lawson, better than Kwon.

We need a cover backer that can tackle.

(03-04-2019, 08:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well not every 90's coach was bad, and it's a good sign that almost 20 years later, Duffner has always maintained an NFL job coaching LB's somewhere.

Plus the guy was our LB coach when we drafted Takeo and Simmons. Hard to hate on that.

Great points.
Reply/Quote
I like it.  They need an "old man who has seen it all" type in the room.  I doubt that he's a hedge for DC, rather just a dude who has a lot of experience and whose opinion has some weight to it based on experience.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 04:15 PM)pally Wrote: Or simply spreading out the same dollars among more people.  I daresay, this coaching staff, individually, is being paid less than the person they replaced leaving more money in the pool for extra personnel.

Now I'm all for taking shots at MB. But in fairness he is still paying the other staff too so he could have pulled that card to go with the standard number of coaches until they were off the books.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote