Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catcher
Can anyone tell me who the catcher was during this past season who only played one or two games while Barhardt was injured,thenI never heard or seen him again. I can remember him hitting a home run.All I can remember his last name started with an (L).
Reply/Quote
Can anyone tell me who the catcher was during this past season who only played one or two games while Barhardt was injured,then I never heard or seen him again. I can remember him hitting a home run.All I can remember his last name started with an (L).
Reply/Quote
Ryan Lavarnway.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Speaking of Catcher.... I’m not sure that it should be a huge focus this offseason. There aren’t a lot of better options available. The Reds tandem hit 19 HR, 72 RBI .240 AVG and a .329 OBP. They seemed to click with the starting rotation. The Reds catching situation is probably middle of the pack. They should sign the best outfield that makes sense way before overpaying for a catcher.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 12:50 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Speaking of Catcher.... I’m not sure that it should be a huge focus this offseason. There aren’t a lot of better options available.  The Reds tandem hit 19 HR, 72 RBI .240 AVG and a .329 OBP. They seemed to click with the starting rotation. The Reds catching situation is probably middle of the pack. They should sign the best outfield that makes sense way before overpaying for a catcher.

I can get behind that logic.

If they sign a good center fielder, they can move Senzel back to 2nd, then Galvis or Iglesias can be signed to keep shortstop. The gives us a good infield. We have Aquino, Van Meter, Winker and Ervin to battle for the final 2 outfield spots. Or you can sign two outfielders, as the only other major needs the team has is bullpen depth, which is relatively cheap.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 10:42 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I can get behind that logic.

If they sign a good center fielder, they can move Senzel back to 2nd, then Galvis or Iglesias can be signed to keep shortstop. The gives us a good infield. We have Aquino, Van Meter, Winker and Ervin to battle for the final 2 outfield spots. Or you can sign two outfielders, as the only other major needs the team has is bullpen depth, which is relatively cheap.

It would be awesome to find a center fielder that is a legitimate leadoff hitter, find a shut down closer, move Senzel to second and resign Iglesias at SS. I would like to see a lefty in the rotation too. The team was 6 wins away from being .500. Making these moves should give them a shot at the wildcard.
Reply/Quote
That's him what ever happened to him, I thought he did a decent job the short time he was there.
Reply/Quote
Reds have a young catcher with impressive defensive skills currently in the minor leagues close to cracking the major league roster by the name of Tyler Stephenson. He's currently hitting .341 in the Arizona fall League. He probably won't make it to the bigs this year unless we have the same problem as last with catcher injuries.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote