Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catches ~ WR, TE and even Backs
(11-08-2022, 04:25 AM)pally Wrote: Both Trents played more than Mike Thomas.  Taylor may have supplanted him as WR4

Hurst has been a go to guy on 3rd downs.  The type of route being called in those situations may be affecting his yards per catch.  Plus he is on pace to set career highs in both receptions and total yards so it looks like he’s getting more opportunities in shorter yard plays

Yep I know that.
My point is I wish he'd get more yardage, as his YPC is his lowest of his career.

He's on pace for 71 receptions.
If he gets 71 receptions but at a YPC that is equal to his career YPC (9.9), he'd be just around 700 yards.

That's more what I'd like from a TE who is on track for 70+ receptions.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 09:45 PM)Whacked Wrote: Yes he does !!

He reminds me of poor man’s version of Wes Welker lol

As crazy as that sounds I see it. Really like what I have seen from Trent Taylor lately. Never thought it but he may be
the answer at WR4, you cannot ignore him like Mike Thomas.

(11-08-2022, 09:19 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The jet sweeps ran Sunday were more successful because they ran them at 100%.  The early runs in the season looked tentative and slow.  Both from a blocking and running standpoint.  When you do a jet sweep, it has to be at full speed.  This is one reason a lot of the time, the QB will actually pitch it forward in the air because if it gets fumbled, it is an incomplete pass.  Taylor wasn't going to be tentative and neither was the line.

I loved what I heard from Mixon post game about how Callahan had some anger and directness to him in the Saturday meeting.  He said they all fed off his energy.  About damn time.  

Yep, all about execution on those plays and running them without any tentativeness. 

We keep running those plays like we did against the Panthers and some of them may go for TD's later in the season.

Just cannot be tentative on them whether we are using Taylor or Chase or whoever.

(11-08-2022, 09:39 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: 1. Hurst- agree 100%, that catch last week on like 3rd and 2 for 4 yards on the first drive was BIG time. Might not seem like much looking back but that was a tough catch with a guy all over his back. That was a game changing play. How many times have we seen the Bengals have a decent start to a drive early in a game, to just barely miss a 3rd down conversion and it results in us playing from behind the next time we touch the ball?

If he misses that, and nobody would have blamed him for it, we punt instead of eating clock and getting TD and momentum early. Huber is punting so it probably only goes 30 yards or so. Carolina is feeling good and set up with decent field position. Who knows what happens at that point. Little plays like that can have a huge impact. People may say I’m crazy but I think that was the single most important play in the game last week.

5. Thomas ~ mehhh - “mehhh” is way too nice of a way to describe Thomas as a WR lol

Agree, that catch by Hurst kept our drive going which helped us get our early start more than any play in the game.

It was huge.

(11-08-2022, 11:52 AM)Wyche Wrote: Callahan had already called out Joe's pass blocking in the media late last week. That's the first time I recall anything being said in a negative light outside of the building. He mentioned Joe knows it too. Seems the coaches decided it was time to light a fire under him and it certainly worked Sunday.

Great news, need our coaches to call out the players who aren't playing well.

(11-08-2022, 12:07 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Hayden is making catches with DBs on his back, when he has had receptions in space very rarely does one guy take him down.

ThumbsUp

(11-08-2022, 12:08 PM)casear2727 Wrote: The Bengals have 5 offensive players on pace to catch 70+ balls this year.

Ja'marr Chase
Tee Higgins
Tyler Boyd
Joe Mixon
Hayden Hurst

-Goodberry

Wow, Mixon just might have the great season I predicted. We still have 8 games to go yah never know...
Reply/Quote