Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cavaliers are NBA Champs
Beat the Warriors 93-89 to win their 1st NBA Championship and the 1st pro sports championship of any kind in Cleveland since 1964.
Reply/Quote
Congrats Cavaliers ! That was awesome.

LeBron James is the King !

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
What a great 4th quarter! Happy for Cleveland & the Cavs tonight, they deserve it!
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Awesome the Ohio pro sports curse is over
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Lebron delivered a chip!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
[Image: 13501768_10208034694538980_4002064055877...e=57DAF482]
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
The greatest comeback in NBA history. The 2007 Patriots now have some company. What a great game 7 after a series of blowouts.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I am not the biggest fan of LeBron's ego and personality, but he is arguably the best player ever in basketball and this story of "coming home" to bring a championship to Loserville is the stuff of legends.
Reply/Quote
Congrats to the Cavs. They earned it. Golden State had a tremendous year, but that 13 point 4th quarter was a real stinker.
Reply/Quote
Congrats to the Lebrons!
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-20-2016, 09:13 AM)jason Wrote: The greatest comeback in NBA history. The 2007 Patriots now have some company. What a great game 7 after a series of blowouts.

It's worse to lose three straight games in a row with 2 @ home is down right embarrassing.
J24

Reply/Quote
(06-20-2016, 01:58 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Congrats to the Lebrons!

That's, The Believeland LeBrons to you, sir.  Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2016, 07:18 PM)J24 Wrote: It's worse to lose three straight games in a row with 2 @ home is down  right  embarrassing.

A little more embarrassing when you lose three straight games in a row with all three at home. Mad

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2016, 01:03 AM)Trademark Wrote: Awesome the Ohio pro sports curse is over

Yeah, let's just hope that it doesn't take another 26 years to see another.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2016, 07:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, let's just hope that it doesn't take another 26 years to see another.

The Cavs will get another one or so. Now if our damn football team could quit dicking around.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2016, 11:43 PM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: Beat the Warriors 93-89 to win their 1st NBA Championship and the 1st pro sports championship of any kind in Cleveland since 1964.

Point of clarification, technically your statement about it being the first pro championship since 1964 isnt true.  The professional hockey team won the cup just in the last week or so and theyve had a couple of pro soccer teams win in the past as well.  How about first MAJOR pro championship since '64?   Tongue 

Great day to be a cavs fan for sure.  Ive never seen a town lose their shiite like cleveland did last night after the game.  Talk about releasing years of frustration.   Im not a huge NBA guy but I do root for the cavs.  Its the only major cleveland team that I can stand to get behind.  
Reply/Quote
Loved it.

1. I was already tired of the lame Curry/Jordan and Warriors/Bulls comparisons. The Dubs wound up losing as many playoff games as reg season games. I think they got exposed a bit. Once Curry had to actually play D against some of the league's top PGs it wore him out.

Also, Refs were letting teams play physical and that seemed to hurt the Dubs as well. Their legs got tired, shots stopped falling and they came down to earth a bit.

2. It was great for Cleveland. I'll obviously never root for the Browns, but it was nice to see a long suffering sports town finally get a reason to truly celebrate.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I think the Warriors just ran out of steam because they played a regular season and playoffs in the west, which wore them down, and the Cavs played in the east, which I could get four other cripples for a starting five and a blind 6th man and win the east and make it to the finals.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2016, 03:57 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think the Warriors just ran out of steam because they played a regular season and playoffs in the west, which wore them down, and the Cavs played in the east, which I could get four other cripples for a starting five and a blind 6th man and win the east and make it to the finals.

Cleveland actually played better teams than the Warriors prior to the finals. The East was actually better than the west this year.
J24

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2016, 02:46 PM)J24 Wrote: Cleveland actually played better teams than the Warriors prior to the finals. The East was actually better than the west this year.

Toronto was better than the Warriors and the thunder?
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote