Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cecil Hotel...I found a new group of people to hate
(Kind of a spoiler here in my ramblings)Internet sleuths. What a bunch of morons. One guy declared he has been studying this case for hundreds of hours and he disagreed with the ME. What? The ME can certainly be wrong, but not based on your internet sleuthing. Just one declaration after another based on nothing. Oh yeah and claiming LAPD wouldn’t release the autopsy as if LAPD has a say in what LA County does.

The show was decent. It’s a four hour documentary on the history of tragedy at the Cecil Hotel in LA in general and specifically a young woman who went missing from there in 2013.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
While I think hating someone is a little extreme, I thought you were going to mention how the Internet sleuths doxed an innocent person. They had him accused of murder which in turn messed up his life and even when it was proven he wasn't in any way involved they didn't apologize. Instead they just were like, "Well you know we all got caught up in this and how crazy the story was." Meanwhile he had to deal with people threatening his life, having his name tarnished, having his Internet accounts shut down etc.. All because he was in to death metal and was at the Cecil hotel... which turned out was a year before the woman died there.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 04:36 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: While I think hating someone is a little extreme, I thought you were going to mention how the Internet sleuths doxed an innocent person.  They had him accused of murder which in turn messed up his life and even when it was proven he wasn't in any way involved they didn't apologize.  Instead they just were like, "Well you know we all got caught up in this and how crazy the story was."  Meanwhile he had to deal with people threatening his life, having his name tarnished, having his Internet accounts shut down etc..   All because he was in to death metal and was at the Cecil hotel... which turned out was a year before the woman died there.

Those stories are so sad.  People who are falsely accused or falsely incarcerated.  I watched Manhunt: Deadly Games on Netflix a couple of months ago and couldn't believe what had happened to Richard Jewell and how still to-date the paper that caused all the issues never would admit they were wrong.  I didn't pay super close attention back when that happened and didn't realize how the story dogged the guy the rest of his life until I watched that show and did a follow up reading. 

I think sometimes internet sleuths can be helpful with furthering research and tracking leads that regular law enforcement just doesn't have the manpower to take on themselves, but it can take on a life of its own far too easily (and dangerously).  
Reply/Quote
SPOILER ALERT>>>>>>

That show had the most anti-climatic ending I've ever seen. Well except maybe for GoT
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 04:36 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: While I think hating someone is a little extreme, I thought you were going to mention how the Internet sleuths doxed an innocent person. They had him accused of murder which in turn messed up his life and even when it was proven he wasn't in any way involved they didn't apologize. Instead they just were like, "Well you know we all got caught up in this and how crazy the story was." Meanwhile he had to deal with people threatening his life, having his name tarnished, having his Internet accounts shut down etc.. All because he was in to death metal and was at the Cecil hotel... which turned out was a year before the woman died there.

I had it, but then I thought maybe it was giving to much away. How about when they freaked because he had a music video about a dude chasing a girl through the woods and killing her because it was so similar?

Think despise might be better? LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 06:45 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Those stories are so sad.  People who are falsely accused or falsely incarcerated.  I watched Manhunt: Deadly Games on Netflix a couple of months ago and couldn't believe what had happened to Richard Jewell and how still to-date the paper that caused all the issues never would admit they were wrong.  I didn't pay super close attention back when that happened and didn't realize how the story dogged the guy the rest of his life until I watched that show and did a follow up reading. 

I think sometimes internet sleuths can be helpful with furthering research and tracking leads that regular law enforcement just doesn't have the manpower to take on themselves, but it can take on a life of its own far too easily (and dangerously).  

I watched that too. I remember following the story back in the day and the media definitely presented it as "they got their man!". Even after it was proven it was not him, people were still convinced he had something to do with it. I never realized all the additional stuff that went on with the manhunt for the real bomber and the FBI/militia confrontations and ultimate cooperation. I was like "Wow!". Definitely worth peoples' time to watch!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 09:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: SPOILER ALERT>>>>>>

That show had the most anti-climatic ending I've ever seen. Well except maybe for GoT

What a trainwreck GoT ended up in. I think people are still shaking their heads as to how far off track that went.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2021, 08:19 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: What a trainwreck GoT ended up in. I think people are still shaking their heads as to how far off track that went.

its Georges fault for not finishing the books in a way...  but those two clowns did no favors to the franchise.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 02:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: its Georges fault for not finishing the books in a way...  but those two clowns did no favors to the franchise.

He’s on the opposite extreme. He’s taking far too long, whereas they completely rushed the ending of the show.

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2021, 05:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s on the opposite extreme. He’s taking far too long, whereas they completely rushed the ending of the show.

right.. George RR martin is a perfectionist... he writes and rewrites alot over and over again making sure everything lines up time line wise.. 

And now hes really busy..  

HBO Shows
Other Book projects that arent game of thrones
Some other Game of thrones related books (like history and the targs history etc...)
Elden Ring video game consulting.
etc...

I understood book 5 taking a long time cause at the time he split 4 and 5 and half and had to make sure all the timelines lined up.

But when he published book 5 he stated he pushed like 400 pages of content back to book 6 (which is about half a book lol)

He did say he made a ton of progress in 2020 so heres hoping.
Reply/Quote