Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ced Peerman is probably done for the year
(08-29-2016, 12:34 AM)James Brooks Wrote: Someone will step up on special teams. I think Luc as FB with Hewitt at TE. I'm not encouraged by the development of Uzomah.

He did a solid job last night blocking. He actually made me feel a bit better about our TE position with Eifert out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 07:36 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I was just thinking the same thing.

This looks like Erickson's ticket onto this team.

Hopefully...... Need him worse than a 4th RB
Reply/Quote
Stupid Marvin put in the reserves too early.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 11:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It looked to me like his forearm bent in half.

Yeah it was pretty brutal. I'd be shocked if it wasn't a complete break.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Hate to lose his veteran presence but time for the next man to step up, he was a special teams warrior that hopefully can be easily replaced.....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 11:16 AM)corpjet Wrote: Hate to lose his veteran presence but time for the next man to step up, he was a special teams warrior that hopefully can be easily replaced.....

C'mon man, if he were easily replaceable someone would have bumped him off the roster years ago.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
See, that's the problem. People seem to think Special Teams standouts are easily replaced. They are not, otherwise everyone trying to make a team would be one. The whole "replace Peerman" group is about to learn the same lesson the whole "replace Maualuga" group learned a couple of years ago when he went down and opposing teams ran the ball at will. As far as Carson, as far as I could tell last night Bronson Hill looked much better.....
Reply/Quote
I respected Peerman for his durability while throwing his body around on special teams. Cant believe it was a regular carry he was hurt on.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 11:33 AM)Sled21 Wrote: See, that's the problem. People seem to think Special Teams standouts are easily replaced. They are not, otherwise everyone trying to make a team would be one. The whole "replace Peerman" group is about to learn the same lesson the whole "replace Maualuga" group learned a couple of years ago when he went down and opposing teams ran the ball at will. As far as Carson, as far as I could tell last night Bronson Hill looked much better.....

First off, people said the same thing about Kyries Hebert.. then they immediately found Peerman. Finding a good ST guy isn't that hard.

Secondly...
2015 w/o Burfict: 111 rushing yards/gm (4.83 YPC)
2015 w/ Burfict: 82 rushing yards/gm (3.93 YPC)

Yes, clearly the All-Pro HOF Rey Maualuga is what keeps teams from running the ball at will.   Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 10:22 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: He did a solid job last night blocking. He actually made me feel a bit better about our TE position with Eifert out.

They must be going with 7 WRs.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 11:32 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: C'mon man, if he were easily replaceable someone would have bumped him off the roster years ago.

I bet our special teams won't miss a beat with out him..........he was no Steve Tasker.........
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote