Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ced and Fisher played well against the Steelers according to PFF
Ced - 79.3
After a rough start to the season, Ogbuehi has settled his pass protection issues in the last three outings in pass protection. After surrendering 14 pressures in his first three games, Ogbuehi has surrendered only two in his last three starts, giving up only one hit this week. After a rough first season as a starter last season the Bengals’ 2015 first-round pick is playing the best football of his short career right now and the Bengals will hope he builds on that.

Fisher - 78.4
Reply/Quote
Now comes the time when we disagree with PFF's ratings.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah I mean grades in the 70's are Average...but it seemed they all played much worse.
Reply/Quote
Number 70 got zero push in run blocking. He was constantly 3 yards in the backfield. I guess not giving up a sack is an improvement but give me a break. And is this the same fisher who just let Dupree run right past him??? Lol

If you actually watched that game and think the o line played good you need your head examined.
Reply/Quote
Lol good 1.
Reply/Quote
We have a terrible run blocking line. Terrible.

Part of the passing issues were compounded by guys not getting open. The line was bad pass blocking...but when guys don't get open...that makes it worse.
Reply/Quote
Isn't the elephant in the room, still, the open door right in the middle of the line? And isn't Jeffro the guy who makes the line calls?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I thought tackles played good against Steelers. The interior line was pathetic including everyones hero Boling. Sad to say he has been garbage all season as he was last season. Oh we will hear the excuse the center was poor too worried about tackle play, Face it Boling might have been ok 2 years ago he flat out sucks now.
Reply/Quote
Well we only call short quick passes so yeah I could see that.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 01:53 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I thought tackles played good against Steelers. The interior line was pathetic including everyones hero Boling. Sad to say he has been garbage all season as he was last season. Oh we will hear the excuse  the center was poor too worried about tackle play, Face it Boling might have been ok 2 years ago he flat out sucks now.

I am actually optimistic about the development of our bookends. OTs usually struggle their first year as starters regardless of draft status. Hopefully the trend continues and we can focus on the interior. 

Boling was terrible yesterday; as was Hopkins and Bodine, Fortunately Interior olinemen do not come at the premium that OTs do.

I really like the big OG from ND (Nelson). My hope if Ced and Jake get it together and we can pick up an interior Olineman or 2.   
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Fisher looked worse than Og. That said....as bad as Blodine played, it's hard to evaluate the tackles....hard for your man to have any success against you when the middle of the defense is practically taking handoffs.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
By the time we fix the offensive line...Atkins or Dunlap will leave in free agency. The rebuild is here.
Reply/Quote
They are so good they have a 3rd tackle rotating with them.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
It's not unlike our offense and defense.

One might show up, but then the other is AWOL, so our team as a whole sucks.

Our OTs might have shown up yesterday, but our line as a whole sucked.
Reply/Quote
Did not witness anything good from OL yesterday.

Seen promise elsewhere, but not there.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Thought they looked decent early and then collapsed at the end. Saw Watt beat Og at least once. No push on the run game. Pittsburghs offensive line was obviously far superior. If you'd never seen a single game before, you'd be able to discern that
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 01:42 PM)McC Wrote: Isn't the elephant in the room, still, the open door right in the middle of the line?  And isn't Jeffro the guy who makes the line calls?

The one play late, TJ Watt beat the LT inside and dove at Andy's knees...not a lot the Center could do there, but it looked pretty bad at the center of the line all game.  

I put a lot of that on the coaches, as they stopped (what was working) running the ball with Mixon and the steelers would just tee off after Dalton.  Stop me if you have seen this movie before.

The flat nature of our players from the first snap.  The horrible play calling.  The horrible effort overall.  Marv lost me a long time ago but anyone that doesn't see how badly he has lost his team is blind.
Reply/Quote
I’m sure his giving up fewer pressures isn’t at all related to less playing time.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 01:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Now comes the time when we disagree with PFF's ratings.

Ironically now will be the time you agree with them.  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 12:11 AM)Brimey Wrote: Thought they looked decent early and then collapsed at the end. Saw Watt beat Og at least once. No push on the run game. Pittsburghs offensive line was obviously far superior. If you'd never seen a single game before, you'd be able to discern that

Or, you could have just missed the blatant holding that happens every game.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote