Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cedric Benson can't count any higher than 3
(02-22-2017, 11:36 PM)treee Wrote: The best role models these days are in invested in the Arts & Sciences. Fact.

The best role models these days are still our parents imo . Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 09:17 AM)Sabretooth Wrote: The best role models these days are still our parents imo . Mellow
Good point. Fact.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 02:40 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: At least he didn't punch his boyfriend roommate this time.

Speaking of....  When I was down in Bengals training camp one year he signed a hat for me and my son. On my hat he signed his i with a heart and winked at me. So weird
Reply/Quote
How easy it is to dismiss the damage that happens to people's brains after traumatic events and just say they're stupid or criminals or any number of derogatory terms .
I deal with these issues on and off myself and over the years through various reasons have taken some nasty blows to my noggin. Right after I had my face kicked in and busted my eye socket my life took a dramatic downturn I'm still coming to grips with. I was arrested several times, started drinking heavier and fell deep into opiate addiction. It's taken years, but I've gotten a grip on things to the point I no longer drink or use heroin, but yeah, a ton of it I can probably trace directly back to violent and repeated blows to my head. 
The thing for a lot of us is as young men we think we can do anything and never pay the price for it. Get to 50 or 60 and it all seems so silly to think that getting your brains mashed up over and over won't have a serious effect on our lives. 
I suspect, and this isn't the first time I've brought it up its the reason governments don't recruit old men to fight wars. Young men are dumb enough to fall for the song and dance about glory and all that foolish nonsense.  My wife constantly tells me that she's ever so glad that she never had to go through all of the pressure of growing up as a young man. She has a very valid point. We as men, especially young men are told so many lies about the glory of violence it's a wonder any of us ever make it to 30 much less 50 and beyond. 
My own son is fighting a DUI charge and I'm constantly having to rethink how I feel towards him and some of the stupid things he's done and says. He too has been hit violently in the head several times in his life.  There are days I want to just wash my hands of him, but he's been through a lot that he really shouldn't have had to. It's tough being a young man and having to navigate to old age. 
Ok, I'm rattling on now.. I blame it on CTE.. LOL
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 09:17 AM)Sabretooth Wrote: The best role models these days are still our parents imo . Mellow

What if your  parents are the Kartrashians?
Reply/Quote
Can he count past 3 sober. I think that is the real question, no?

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2017, 09:23 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: What if your  parents are the Kartrashians?

There are no areas of life where 100% of something is perfect. For example these general statements that are not true.
All doctors are competent, fine surgeons and have a warm bedside manner.
All car mechanics are smart and fix stuff right the first time cheaply.
The county always bills you correctly for services .
The "cable person " will arrive on time and install your equipment to your satisfaction.
All accountants are honest and never cheat clients.
All lawyers are smart and win all cases.
All judges are fair and compassionate stewards of the law.
Most children adore their parents, ( yes, there are horror stories periodically ).
The kartrashian kids don't seem to have trouble living lavish lifestyles, so I suspect their parents must seem OK in their perspective.
:andy:
Reply/Quote