Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cedric Benson died
(08-18-2019, 01:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote:  For those suggesting he may have been drunk, no one knows on that

The main reason Benson was available when we signed him wa sthat he had picked up 2 drinking related charges in just a few months and the Bears released him.  He ended up beating both of the charges.  I don't remember all of the details but one of them did seem really bogus.

Worked out great for us.  Chris Perry was crippled but he was our #1 RB in 2008.  He had the lowest season average per carry (2.6) in Bengal history (min 100 att).  We signed Benson 4 games into the season and after a slow start he finished with 747 yards and a 3.5 avg.
Reply/Quote
Terrible, just awful. Rest easy Cedric, you gave us all something to cheer about and turned some frowns upside down.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 12:10 PM)pally Wrote: Today will be a sad day in Bengal land

Former Bengal running back Cedric Benson was killed in a motorcycle accident Saturday night.  He was 36.

Way too young.

Prayers to his family and friends.

Wow, just saw this. Sad stuff.

RIP Ced  Sad 

The good ole Boogie Man
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 02:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wow, just saw this. Sad stuff.

RIP Ced  Sad 

The good ole Boogie Man

RIP Cadillac!!!
Reply/Quote
RIP Cedric Benson. Glad he was able to shake that draft bust label here.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 12:10 PM)pally Wrote: Today will be a sad day in Bengal land

Former Bengal running back Cedric Benson was killed in a motorcycle accident Saturday night.  He was 36.

Way too young.

Prayers to his family and friends.

I know some like motorcycles but I hate them.  So many of my friends have been injured riding them.  Damn.  Rest In Pease CB.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 02:33 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I know some like motorcycles but I hate them.  So many of my friends have been injured riding them.  Damn.  Rest In Pease CB.  

They are referred to as, donorcycles.
Reply/Quote
Too young to die, for sure.
Reply/Quote
RIP Cedric Benson & Prayers for the family.
Reply/Quote
RIP. May you rush and rumble like the awesome runner you were here to the heavens.
Reply/Quote
Anybody who spent anytime on the board knows I always pulled for him. His trucking Polomalu is among my all time favorite Bengal moments. RIP
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 02:33 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I know some like motorcycles but I hate them.  So many of my friends have been injured riding them.  Damn.  Rest In Pease CB.  

Reports are the van pulled out in front of him. I hate folks that think you should focus on anything other than driving when you are behind the wheel. 

Reply/Quote
RIP Big Benson. Dude ran hard. Had loads of heart. Part of one of my favorite offenses from the Bengals. Loved his redemption game against the Bears.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Bengals Statement on the Passing of Cedric Benson
benson-cedric-100109
The Cincinnati Bengals today join football fans across the country in mourning the loss of Cedric Benson.

Said Bengals president Mike Brown: “Cedric was a fine football player for us. He played a principal role for several years here, including a couple of playoff runs. He was from Texas, and he showed his Texas toughness in leading us to a Division Championship in just his second season with us. His three consecutive 1000-yard seasons displayed the talent he possessed. Our organization is deeply saddened by his sudden and tragic passing. The Bengals extend our deepest condolences to Cedric’s family.”

Added former Bengals running backs coach Jim Anderson: “Once he bought into our system, he was like a flower. He just blossomed. He gave us an element we didn’t have. We had complementary guys, but Cedric gave us a missing element. He was a good man. He was one of my guys and it hurts. Life is too short.”

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 03:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Reports are the van pulled out in front of him. I hate folks that think you should focus on anything other than driving when you are behind the wheel. 

My brother use to ride a cycle (Harley), and said people in automobiles tend to ignore them like they do not see the motorcycle.  He used his lights during the day and still, people pull out in front of him, he dropped his bike and hurt his leg to avoid something worse.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 03:30 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: My brother use to ride a cycle (Harley), and said people in automobiles tend to ignore them like they do not see the motorcycle.  He used his lights during the day and still, people pull out in front of him, he dropped his bike and hurt his leg to avoid something worse.  

I like riding as much as anyone, but for me the risk simply isn't worth it most of the time. I rarely ride anymore, and when I do it is only in the most perfect of conditions and in the most deserted of areas.

Way too many driver's are distracted out there, and all it takes is one and you're dead.

RIP Ced. 
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 03:30 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: My brother use to ride a cycle (Harley), and said people in automobiles tend to ignore them like they do not see the motorcycle.  He used his lights during the day and still, people pull out in front of him, he dropped his bike and hurt his leg to avoid something worse.  

Yeah you definitely have to be on the defensive. It's tragic but I'm of the mind. When it's your time it's your time. We might as well live life while we're here. 

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 03:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah you definitely have to be on the defensive. It's tragic but I'm of the mind. When it's your time it's your time. We might as well live life while we're here. 

I've always been this mindset. Why I don't waste time arguing or with people who don't like me. Of course, I've had the fortunate/unfortunate circumstance of living majority of my life attached to monitors in a hospital bed. Ask my wife. I'm the worst person to argue with just for this reason. You never know when it could be your last day.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
You just never know

Thanks for the memories #32

Soar in Power

Reply/Quote

You’d never catch me on one of those damn things, that’s for sure. They really are just insanely dangerous. People just don’t see them.

Anyway, very sad news.

RIP, Cedric

Reply/Quote