Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cedric Benson died
Such shit news man.. I was so geeked when we signed Ced and he ended up injecting some life into a lifeless team the last few games of that season when we picked him up. Just a bummer.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
RIP Ced

and thanks for the memories. Especially when you trucked Polamalu right in front of me so hard that when he got up to run to sideline he ran 10 yards sideways as if drunk before falling on his butt.

He never squared up Ced again.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
One of those few players we acquired and actually succeeded here. What a pleasant surprise it was.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 10:45 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: One of those few players we acquired and actually succeeded here. What a pleasant surprise it was.

Reggie Nelson
Reggie Kelly
Bobby Williams
Torey James
Adam Jones
Thomas Howard
Deltha O'neal
Manny Lawson
Rich Braham

...among others say...go buy a dictionary and look up the word few.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 09:11 PM)jason Wrote: I was at a couple of those games (KC, Chicago, and the Jets)... That NY playoff game was soooo cold. They handed out playoff towels. I had mine tied around my face. The only part of me exposed was my eyes, and it was still brutal... I remember beer turning to slushy ice as we were drinking it.

The clips from the KC game reminded me that we had Larry Johnson for a hot second that season too.

That's why we smuggled flasks in. Thank goodness I wasn't far removed from my days as a grunt in construction. Carhartt Subzero gear, fleece 'boggin and gloves. I still have my playoff towel, it hangs in my basement just under the Bengals HOF poster they put out a few years back. Wink

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Ced was great in his short time here...…..ran hard & angry w/ a chip on his shoulder

Always loved watching him run over the AFC North.

RIP Longhorn !
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 11:25 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: That's why we smuggled flasks in. Thank goodness I wasn't far removed from my days as a grunt in construction. Carhartt Subzero gear, fleece 'boggin and gloves. I still have my playoff towel, it hangs in my basement just under the Bengals HOF poster they put out a few years back. Wink

I don't know whatever became of that towel. I know I waived it in my stepson's face that game that they smacked Manziel around... I took him to the Browns/ Bengals game earlier that season when they destroyed us on Thursday night. I may have thrown the damn thing in the trash after the 2015 playoff debacle... At any rate, it didn't make the move with me to the bachelor pad.

Good riddance!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
He played a year here in GB too. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 09:11 PM)jason Wrote: I was at a couple of those games (KC, Chicago, and the Jets)... That NY playoff game was soooo cold. They handed out playoff towels. I had mine tied around my face. The only part of me exposed was my eyes, and it was still brutal... I remember beer turning to slushy ice as we were drinking it.

The clips from the KC game reminded me that we had Larry Johnson for a hot second that season too.

That makes me think about my first week in boot camp at Great Lakes Naval Training.. "REVEILLE! REVEILLE! IT'S 49 BELOW ZERO!", came over the loud speaker that first morning and it stayed like that for what felt like forever.. Ever tried marching in a straight line in 3 feet of snow packed down to about a quarter of an inch with those old slick boots?  Oh the fun stuff we do when we're young!   Shocked
If I had it to do over again I don't know I would without being absolutely forced to do it..  Cool
I remember a day when my entire company was in line for chow standing at attention sliding downhill sideways in unison.. LOL
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 02:52 AM)grampahol Wrote: That makes me think about my first week in boot camp at Great Lakes Naval Training.. "REVEILLE! REVEILLE! IT'S 49 BELOW ZERO!", came over the loud speaker that first morning and it stayed like that for what felt like forever.. Ever tried marching in a straight line in 3 feet of snow packed down to about a quarter of an inch with those old slick boots?  Oh the fun stuff we do when we're young!   Shocked
If I had it to do over again I don't know I would without being absolutely forced to do it..  Cool
I remember a day when my entire company was in line for chow standing at attention sliding downhill sideways in unison.. LOL

I haul water in North Dakota.... In the winter it get's down to -60, and we have to take weed burners (basically a propane tank with a hose to make it a flamethrower) and thaw out our valves to open them up. Any skin exposed to the air instantly hurts lol.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 09:05 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I haul water in North Dakota.... In the winter it get's down to -60, and we have to take weed burners (basically a propane tank with a hose to make it a flamethrower) and thaw out our valves to open them up. Any skin exposed to the air instantly hurts lol.

Things are worse at altitude, I'll give you that; living in Ontario, the cold gets to your bones and is simply uncomfortable... and windy. Ugh.

In Alberta though (MUCH higher than Ontario), when it got to -35 (Celsius), it would, like you said, HURT to expose skin. No wind. No blowing, just an invisible wall of cold hurt lol.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote