Poll: How do you feel about Ced
He's going in the right direction
LT is a major need from here out
I started the Andy Dalton memorial site already
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cedric Ogbeuhi with moving pictures.
(08-17-2017, 01:03 PM)McC Wrote: Yes, just like the hindsight is 20/20 cavalry that's out in force now.

It's not hindsight if you didn't like the move in the first place and made that clear.

(08-17-2017, 01:52 PM)McC Wrote: Yeah.  Everybody just loves to be publicly proven wrong.  And the bigger the stink they made, the more they hope to be wrong. 

There is a difference between pointing out what someone is doing wrong and declaring him hopeless, a declaration which implies some knowledge of the future and/or knowledge of the character and determination of the man.

I. Don't. Want. Ced. To. Fail.

If he fails, the team fails, and that's no fun for anyone.

You think I want to see 100 McCarron threads when Dalton is throwing INTs with defenders in his grill constantly?

(08-17-2017, 02:14 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I don't want anyone on the team to fail.  I just want the TEAM to succeed.

Bingo. If a player sucks and is holding my team back, I'm going to rip him. I'm a fan of the team, not crappy players that hold my team back.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 05:12 PM)Synric Wrote: I just love the chance this board gives me to read and talk about Bengals football. A Bengals fans get really tried of talking about the Steelers when he lives in the Squeeler nation...lolol

You and me both brother.....living in a house with a wife, two daughters, a female dog, and a new female puppy.....I'm pretty much in an estrogen haven. LOL 

(08-17-2017, 05:47 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries

[Image: giphy.gif]

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 07:04 PM)Derrick Wrote: IMO watching the tapes Og looks really awful. Fisher looks serviceable. But, there seemed to be a lot of pressure on the QB from everywhere.

I can't believe Og looks this pitiful after an offseason of intense training. He must have been even worse that we thought last year --IF THAT IS EVEN POSSIBLE?

He was the worst tackle I've ever seen at this level last season......that's pretty damn bad!

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 04:59 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Eh. A lot of people will disagree with you about Whit. I believe early on he was labeled as purely a guard or RT. 

Nope. Trey and Redmond weren't really known or really given much thought. 
Westerman has a following but still fell to the 5th round. 8th guard taken. 
Yep.

Scouting report from CBS Sports back when Whit was drafted...
Quote:Whitworth is a stay-at-home type of blocker who knows how to use his size and reach to sustain. He takes a few false steps coming off the snap and gets too high in his stance to produce a strong anchor. He is not the most agile blocker you will find and might have to shift to right tackle, where he will not be exposed as much to speedy edge rushers.

He has outstanding size and good playing strength, but lacks ideal speed for the position. He is not explosive off the ball and has marginal drive in attempts to create a new line of scrimmage for the ground game. He might be slow to redirect, but does stay on his feet and has decent balance and body control.

Whitworth has a slow slide movement and lateral quickness, but shows good hand placement and punch to control defenders after contact. He is effective with down and reach blocks and also is adept at hooking defenders. However, he struggles to get to the second level and is too inconsistent attacking linebackers.

Whitworth has some ability to pull in short range area, but is only adequate blocking on the move and will fall off blocks when having to work in space. He has a good pass set with the ability to slide, but struggles with the speed rush and is slow to redirect. He has the ability to switch on stunts and is effective picking up blitzes quickly.

With his size, good hand placement, decent slide ability, long reach and hook agility and ability to switch on stunts, Whitworth could be a productive starter on the ride side of the line. But he lacks good knee bend and anchor, along with explosion and drive, struggling with the speed rush too much to be considered as a left tackle.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/historical/423579
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 06:58 PM)Derrick Wrote: AND THIS IS AFTER AN OFFSEASON OF INTENSE PREPARATION. YIKES!  They had better be watching the waiver wire closely for a subpar LT who would be better than Og. Fisher actually looked serviceable in the clips.

Already one out there. Branden Albert was released. Could pursue him. Likely will be more.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 04:47 PM)PhilHos Wrote: This is why, regardless of when or how ML leaves the team (barring retiring immediately following a Super Bowl win) , when it comes to hiring a new head coach, Brown or, hopefully, Katie need to completely hire a whole new coaching staff. Let the new guy decide to re-hire any of the current position coaches/coordinators, but have him start with a clean slate.

That's not to say there aren't some on the coaching staff I'd hate to see leave, but unless ML is quitting after winning the Super Bowl, I think we need to let the new head coach completely choose his staff. IIRC, this has NEVER happened under Brown. Lewis did get to make a lot of changes to the coaching staff, but I believe he still had to keep a couple coaches from the previous years of futility(like Alexander).

Agreed.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 04:47 PM)PhilHos Wrote: This is why, regardless of when or how ML leaves the team (barring retiring immediately following a Super Bowl win) , when it comes to hiring a new head coach, Brown or, hopefully, Katie need to completely hire a whole new coaching staff. Let the new guy decide to re-hire any of the current position coaches/coordinators, but have him start with a clean slate.

That's not to say there aren't some on the coaching staff I'd hate to see leave, but unless ML is quitting after winning the Super Bowl, I think we need to let the new head coach completely choose his staff. IIRC, this has NEVER happened under Brown. Lewis did get to make a lot of changes to the coaching staff, but I believe he still had to keep a couple coaches from the previous years of futility(like Alexander).

Dear Mike Brown....
[Image: 3d2f311c4a0bff6c37a51bba0ed12c41--lettin...quotes.jpg]
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2017, 09:32 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Yep.

Scouting report from CBS Sports back when Whit was drafted...
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/historical/423579

Can I use a certain poster's claims about scouts being wrong when I referred to Clint Boling's draft projections? Ninja

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2017, 08:44 AM)Wyche Wrote: He was the worst tackle I've ever seen at this level last season......that's pretty damn bad!

This isn't saying much, but did you see Jacksonville's line last night? They made our line look like HOFers!! 
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2017, 11:33 AM)sandwedge Wrote: This isn't saying much, but did you see Jacksonville's line last night? They made our line look like HOFers!! 

No, I missed it.  That bad, huh? Shocked

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2017, 11:33 AM)Wyche Wrote: No, I missed it.  That bad, huh? Shocked

Hopefully that means that TB's DL is that good. If we have a decent OL everyone knows that we will be a juggernaut. 
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2017, 11:33 AM)Wyche Wrote: No, I missed it.  That bad, huh? Shocked

Going into the second half, they had 1 yard rushing and Bortles, who is atrocious, was pretty much running for his life.
Reply/Quote
Bortles was pretty good 2 years ago...but terrible last year. Their entire offense was really bad.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2017, 11:32 AM)Wyche Wrote: Can I use a certain poster's claims about scouts being wrong when I referred to Clint Boling's draft projections? Ninja

[Image: 5633a35b1954c86ee70302af04906812d377a1e7...a2bb62.jpg]
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
So far, so good.
Reply/Quote