Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Ahmad Brooks Released
I think he still has something in the tank. Would like for us to grab him.

Worst case scenario, he immediately becomes our 4th best olineman.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Theme of the offseason was adding speed. I doubt MB will pony up for the walker that would come with Brooks.
Reply/Quote
He had a good career.
Reply/Quote
I'll pass rather see the young guys play he's 33 and slow, was good when he left here better fit in a 3-4 Defense.
Reply/Quote
i'd pass....
run w/ what we got....
try to gel as a unit now...

don't shuffle guys around/introduce new ppl if ya don't have to...
don't muddy up the creek
Reply/Quote
He's been fast enough to rack up 6 sacks in 7 of his 8 seasons as a 49er...including last year.

So I'm not going to thumb my nose at him. Don't see it happening though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Does not fit the movement towards young and fast
Reply/Quote
He had a nice career after we gave up a 3rd rd pick for him in the supplemental then kicked him to the curb, would have been nice to have him here during his prime. Now I think his time has passed, don't need anymore aging LBers
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
The idea is nice, but I think we kind of have to roll with what we have. We have a bunch of young LBs that are only going to improve with time on the field. If this was 3 years ago, I'd be all over it.
Reply/Quote
Well it would fit into the mold of the Bengals signing over the hill LBers over the years.  It's not like they've never tried it before.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2017, 08:56 PM)grampahol Wrote: Well it would fit into the mold of the Bengals signing over the hill LBers over the years.  It's not like they've never tried it before.  

I'll be more surprised if it DIDN'T happen tbh. 

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2017, 09:28 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I think he still has something in the tank. Would like for us to grab him.

I know you are kidding about him at O Line.....but his mega million contract plus we have linebackers plus he is a 3-4 type like Harrison who was lost in our 4-3 in open field......NO.....but with cuts like this starting to happen across the NFL, Bengals could use help at O Line......One problem is they didn't pay Whit or Zeitler so questionable they would pick up a top O Lineman if cut because putting a team over salary cap.  As Mike Brown said about both Max Montoya and Zeitler, " Why should I pay a lot for an offensive lineman. "  Maybe why no play-off wins since Paul Brown died.  ...Now Cincy and Indy are the 2 closest NFL cities, so if Indy would cut somebody CHEAP, Mikey Boy might bring him in by Greyhound Bus which from Indy to Cincy is also CHEAP. CHEAP would be the key word on whoever Mikey Boy would pick up in the cuts.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
We've got a bunch of unproven young linebackers I would rather roll with. While he could have immediate impact in the long run it will only hurt us in the same way having vet corners has hurt us. A lot of people say our corners are weak. A lot of people also forget we have 3 recent first round corners on our roster. What's the issue with these corners? For the most part they are simply unproven.
[Image: tumblr_ohmzy7WynD1s05wxzo1_400.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 06:32 AM)CinciOmega Wrote: We've got a bunch of unproven young linebackers I would rather roll with. While he could have immediate impact in the long run it will only hurt us in the same way having vet corners has hurt us. A lot of people say our corners are weak. A lot of people also forget we have 3 recent first round corners on our roster. What's the issue with these corners? For the most part they are simply unproven.

No, we don't.  Burfict, Minter, and V. Rey are all proven commodities.  Nick Vigil got good reps on the field last year, and has shown enough growth to be in the talk for a starting spot.

That is hardly "a bunch of unproven young linebackers".

While I agree that I would rather go with what we have, than go fishing for castoffs and over the hill guys, that is no reason to create a false illusion of the LB corps that we have.  I have a feeling that a few games into the season, a lot of folks are going to be talking about how surprised they are, at the strength of our LB corps.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Carlos Dansby is playing quality minutes for Arizona on a better defensive unit than the Bengals. LB is a very thin position for this team.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2017, 09:28 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I think he still has something in the tank. Would like for us to grab him.

Could have sworn he was a linebacker.

Tongue
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2017, 09:33 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Theme of the offseason was adding speed. I doubt MB will pony up for the walker that would come with Brooks.

Agreed.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2017, 01:47 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Does not fit the movement towards young and fast

.....but Peerman does..... Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 11:39 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....but Peerman does..... Mellow

I think Peerman got hurt today on special teams but they never mentioned it and hard to see the players number
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 11:42 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think Peerman got hurt today on special teams but they never mentioned it and hard to see the players number

He was rolling around on the ground after a punt or KO...favoring his left arm.  I didn't see if he came back. I like the dude....but don't see how a guy can start a thread supporting Rev....and then talk about a youth movement in this one. LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote