Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Cedric Ogbuehi
Any word on when this guy is going to practice?

I liked the idea of getting a top talent at a discount because of injury back when he was drafted but after seeing how deep this team is halfway through the season I love the idea. He still has to pan out on the field after he gets healthy but we have a good shot at keeping our string of great tackles going after Whit is retired.

Tiger
Reply/Quote
I didn't expect the kid to play at all this season but some depth would be great
Reply/Quote
Lap said he is 100%. Just waiting on an injury for a reason to activate him.
Reply/Quote
I dont see any reason to activate him this season, make sure he's healthy and have him ready to go next season.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
He is the epitome of the term 'dancing bear'

hopefully he lives up to the Paul Alexander hype.
Reply/Quote
As long as our O-Line is healthy; there is really no need for him at this point.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2015, 06:19 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: As long as our O-Line is healthy; there is really no need for him at this point.

I like the idea of not needing him at all this year...that would indicate a healthy Oline. Wink
Reply/Quote
I don't understand anyone who thinks we should IR Cedric if he is healthy.

He was a top 5 overall NFL pick prior to hurting his knee so he is obviously a stud OT.

Also, it only takes one game for an OL or 2 to get hurt. I am hopeful Alexander has been working to replace Johnson (our back up center) so we can get our best OL active, learning and  ready in case of injury as the year goes on.

Also, there are not many teams that could put all 4 of these guys on the line on short yardage plays:

Smith
Whittworth
Fisher
Ogbuehi

Add Zeitler and Boling in the interior and I like our chances of getting a yard almost every time
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 09:11 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Also, there are not many teams that could put all 4 of these guys on the line on short yardage plays:

Smith
Whittworth
Fisher
Ogbuehi

Actually, I believe that the Bengals would be the ONLY team that could put all four of those guys on the field at once.  In the history of the league, at that, unless the was an incredible coincidence in the past that I'm not aware of.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
If he is 100 percent, kick the tires and see what you got. I feel like he has already had enough time to observe. Could be insurance on the line if we have another injury there this year. Fisher has played. No reason our number 1 tackle shouldn't.
Reply/Quote
If we can get him activated and ready to go then do it. One never knows when an injury can happen. I kind of think he is a right side guy to challenge Winston for a back up role. Paul isn't shy about drafting and playing them early either.
Reply/Quote
The biggest issue is who do you cut to make room for Ced. Winston has been the first guy off the bench at guard and tackle so I'm not sure you want to drop him. If you drop TJ Johnson, you better be sure you have a capable backup for Bodine.

Someone has to go if Ced is activated.

Same situation with Burfict on the defensive side of the ball.

Obviously, this is a good problem to have if you're the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
I have a feeling they are going to put him on season ending IR He's a rookie who has zero practice time with the team. While it would be nice to have additional depth as complicated as our offense can be would he really be able to be productive even in a reserve roll. He'll be grabbed if we put him on the practice squard so IR is our best bet.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I say bring him back when he's ready it doesn't have to be more complicated then that. If heaven forbid there is an injury at either side at tackle we should want Ced to get experience. The sooner he gets on the field the sooner he can develop and grow.
Reply/Quote
Ogbuehi not going to IR depends on if the coaching staff believes Fisher is ready to become the backup swing tackle. If not Winston stays and Ogbuehi goes to IR.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 11:42 AM)pally Wrote: I have a feeling they are going to put him on season ending IR   He's a rookie who has zero practice time with the team. While it would be nice to have additional depth as complicated as our offense can be would he really be able to be productive even in a reserve roll.  He'll be grabbed if we put him on the practice squard so IR is our best bet.

Didn't we bring in Winston off the couch in week 14 last year?  How much practice did he get before he saw game time?  And why would they even consider putting their #1 pick on the practice squad?
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 11:52 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Didn't we bring in Winston off the couch in week 14 last year?  How much practice did he get before he saw game time?  And why would they even consider putting their #1 pick on the practice squad?

Winston is an experienced professional lineman and due to injuries we were playing on a scaled back playbook.  A rookie, regardless of where he was drafted, does not have that level of experience to pull from.

We will have 3 choices...I just went through all of them.  Practice Squad is not a realistic choice. He's had zero practice with the team and is unlikely to get much if any playtime.  We have 2 other players also due to come off of PUP.  Do we cut a lineman who while be lacking some skill has actual practice and game experience?  I may be wrong but I think the most logical move for him is IR..get that knee 100%.  Let Paul Alexander continue to teach pro blocking and start with him healthy next year.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 12:09 PM)pally Wrote: Winston is an experienced professional lineman and due to injuries we were playing on a scaled back playbook.  A rookie, regardless of where he was drafted, does not have that level of experience to pull from.

We will have 3 choices...I just went through all of them.  Practice Squad is not a realistic choice.  He's had zero practice with the team and is unlikely to get much if any playtime.  We have 2 other players also due to come off of PUP.  Do we cut a lineman who while be lacking some skill has actual practice and game experience?  I may be wrong but I think the most logical move for him is IR..get that knee 100%.  Let Paul Alexander continue to teach pro blocking and start with him healthy next year.

Word is his knee is 100%.  My guess is if their investment is ready to play, they will try to get him some practice and game experience sooner rather than later.  
Reply/Quote
Barring an injury that opens a roster spot, look for the team to do exactly what they did last year with McCarron. They waited until the last moment to active him.

Reply/Quote
We can keep him as an emergency option until week 14 before anyone needs to get cut from the 53 man roster to make room for him.

It would be a minor miracle if we do not lose at least one O-lineman to injury by then. But I still don't see Ogbuehi being activated this year unless we lose a guy to injury.

O-line play depends on chemistry and working as a unit more than any other group on the team. It is hard to plug a new guy in just to see how he performs.
Reply/Quote