Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Cedric Ogbuehi
In his 2nd year when we started him at right tackle he said after the year that he was a LT and felt more comfortable there. Then we started him at LT in his 3rd year and he was horrific. Then in this article he states “I’m a right tackle period ! “ and says he wished he just stayed at that position vs switching between both. Found that funny, personally I feel like a lot of football is mental and this guy has zero mental toughness.
Reply/Quote
So to sum it up he’s quit on the team, which is what we’ve all suspected all along. Strange though because he’s played like a quitter from day 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 02:34 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: So to sum it up he’s quit on the team, which is what we’ve all suspected all along. Strange though because he’s played like a quitter from day 1.

To be fair, the Bengals have healthy scratched him for pretty much every week except the Browns game. I think he's just looking forward to his next chance at getting to play.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
All that potential talent and not a shred of heart for the game that would develop it into anything. That sums up Ced O to me.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 11:39 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Wrong. Ogbuehi gave up 8 sacks as a left tackle his senior year then they moved him to right tackle because he was shitty. I’ve if the Bengaks worst ever draft picks.

The only time Ogbuehi was good in college was when he played guard.

Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 11:56 AM)Destro Wrote: He will become a truck driver.

Please don’t insult truck drivers like that. LOL
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 02:52 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: To be fair, the Bengals have healthy scratched him for pretty much every week except the Browns game. I think he's just looking forward to his next chance at getting to play.

Could be that our current OL Coach took a good look at him and declared that the team better activate someone else, because he just wasn't going to play him.  And, I certainly hope that to be the case.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 11:22 PM)samhain Wrote: To be fair, Austin didn't exactly last long here.

He brought his own stink.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 09:52 PM)McC Wrote: He brought his own stink.

Yep, if you bomb out in Detroit, and then get shitcanned by the Bengals in mid-season, chances are that you're not cutout to be an NFL DC.  Hopefully, he gets a job coaching DBs for the Steelers, as that was his thing before being promoted to DC.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 07:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Could be that our current OL Coach took a good look at him and declared that the team better activate someone else, because he just wasn't going to play him.  And, I certainly hope that to be the case.

The guy I responded to said "he quit". And I said not really, they did a healthy scratch. So the writing is on the wall. I don't take it he quit.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
The minute they showed Ogbuehi working out wearing a neatly cut off sleeve less sweatshirt n designer sweats with head phones working out I knew the guy was a bust. Majority of us hated the pick from the get go but the homer fans would remind us quickly that the bengals are the pros n we don’t know shit. Well I guess from the couch we can also evaluate talent.
Reply/Quote
I can’t see him getting signed anywhere else. He’s that bad.

[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 01:30 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I can’t see him getting signed anywhere else. He’s that bad.

Reminds me of all those early 00's players that we'd cut or let go to FA and nobody would sign them (unless we resigned them a year or two down the road).
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 03:10 PM)bengaloo Wrote: All that potential talent and not a shred of heart for the game that would develop it into anything. That sums up Ced O to me.

My sentiments exactly

(12-18-2018, 01:30 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I can’t see him getting signed anywhere else. He’s that bad.

Oh somebody will probably take a flyer on him hoping to strike some cheap gold. Doubt he makes it out of training camp though.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 01:10 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They drafted Ced who had a major knee issue and was going to have to redshirt the 1st year. I don't know if any other NFL team would spend a 1st Round pick on a guy like that.

Bengals did it with Munoz. Rumors of degenerative knee issues and all.

In Ced's case, Bengals weren't the only Team who drafted bust A&M tackles in the first round. Joeckel and Jake Mathews were the 2nd and 6th overall picks in the two years before we picked Ced 21st.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 08:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I wouldn't go quite THAT far, but yes, drafting that duo has put the Bengals back a step in their forming a new era team.  Busting on a 1st round QB?  Yeah, that's a 4-5 year setback, but under typical circumstances, most teams would have been rid of Ogbuehi at the end of year 2.  With Fisher?  He should have likely been given an injury payoff and wished well in his future endeavors.  They could and should have went to the bargaining table with ALL of their chips, when it came to negotiations with Whitworth, but that's all water under the bridge.  They could have just as easily attained better free agent talent to make up for the sorry draft picks, but Mr. Brown is just way too loyal (stubborn) to take advantage of such resources.

Geez, they could have picked up players off somebody's practice squad to outplayed these two draft picks!
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 10:56 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Is looking forward to moving on from the Bengals..  

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2018/12/15/cedric-ogbuehi-looking-forward-to-restarting-without-bengals/?fbclid=IwAR1dx61CH95L0ZW6N93ac94HW_FHYpZMc3oq7DeZCvHV7Svhz_Y1qIrGwow

Some might say that the feeling is mutual.   Hilarious

I bet he is!! I think his voice will be great for "Welcome to WalMart"

I hope they dont try having him block people for Black Friday though.
Reply/Quote
Some team will sign him...and he'll likely wash out.
Reply/Quote