Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cedric Peerman
Anyone else notice the tackles he's making on special teams? I can recall at least three that resulted in the other team starting a drive with bad field position.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 07:00 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Anyone else notice the tackles he's making on special teams?  I can recall at least three that resulted in the other team starting a drive with bad field position.

I see him and Burkhead down there just about every punt and kickoff.
Reply/Quote
Yes. Dude does what is asked of him and delivers. I was one of those that figured the Bengals should keep Wilder Jr. active and cut Peerman. Glad I wasn't in charge of that decision.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 07:00 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Anyone else notice the tackles he's making on special teams?  I can recall at least three that resulted in the other team starting a drive with bad field position.

I did. I wasn't all that in favor of keeping him on the roster over Wilder, but in the last two games Peerman has really getting down the field on kick offs.

Reply/Quote

Yep, and I love it!!  Maybe he could help out on defense if we get in a bind.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
He single handedly caused a minimum of three drives to start inside the 15 against the Steelers and Browns.

And yet somehow quite a few people bitched about him being re-signed back in April.
Reply/Quote
He got Dri Archer cut from the Steelers.

Every little thing counts. I was one wh was ready to part ways with peerman, but he is playing great and earning his keep.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 07:59 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I did. I wasn't all that in favor of keeping him on the roster over Wilder, but in the last two games Peerman has really getting down the field on kick offs.

Me too.....but the Runnin Reverand has been ballin.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
He's made a career out of playing special teams. Good for him because he's a difference maker and it justifies why he makes the squad every year.

If you think about Special Teams being just as important as Offense and Defense, he is our "Elite" player on teams - Just like AD and AJ on O and Burfict and Geno on D.
Reply/Quote

Nice to see Threads like this, he is playing hard!! it is nice to see most of the time things like this go unnoticed...  Good Post....  WHODEYWHO!!!

BOOM!!!
Reply/Quote
Always cracks me up that so many want to cut him every year... He' BEEN doing this for 4 plus years. He's a legitimate asset for the Bengals.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
For borderline players, special teams performance is often the difference between making the team and being unemployed

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 07:17 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Yes. Dude does what is asked of him and delivers. I was one of those that figured the Bengals should keep Wilder Jr. active and cut Peerman. Glad I wasn't in charge of that decision.

Same here, i thought Peerman was going to be on his way out.

Then he has his best season so far as a ST'er. He should make the Probowl as a Special Teamer this season IMHO.

Great tackler and not just for a RB, for an NFL player.
Reply/Quote
Have always been a Peerman fan and believe he has taken a lot of unwarranted criticism for years.

Special teams are more important than it seems, and he has always been a special teams leader.,

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
To be fair.....I never criticised him.....I just though Wilder might displace him....and maybe should have. I've changed my mind, although I still like the Wilder kid.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I like Wilder also.
Peerman is the definition of a "football" player. He's a player that teammates seem to feed off of. Even when inserted at RB Peernan runs smartly and aggressivly. The best part about his kick coverage is the "impact" of his hits. Several times I saw/heard a big hit and it was Peerman climbing out of the pile.
Reply/Quote
One of my favorite players over the past few years. Dude is a beast. ST Ace. He deserves more playing time but Is buried on the depth chart.

Reply/Quote
Peerman is a good RB too. Just fumbles too much.
Reply/Quote
I've never said Peerman stinks. I've just questioned his value over a player that might see snaps/add better depth. I wanted Wilder as well. My question was,  is he really that much better than player x on special teams ?

Peerman has proven his value thus far. And I stand corrected.
Reply/Quote
I was one of those people who was hoping for Watson or Wilder to replace Peerman on the 53 during the preseason. Peerman has definitely played lights out on ST this season. Like Fred mentioned, Peerman got Dri Archer cut from the Steelers. He's been knifing through kick coverage teams and slowing the returner down. Amazing job this season.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote