Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cell Phones
(09-26-2015, 01:00 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I have an S4 and my son has a Note 4. You won't get a single complaint out of either of us.

I'm currently using the s4 and love it. 
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 05:33 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I rock a Windows phone as well, and a Nokia at that. But I haven't had any problems. I will probably stick with the Windows phone for the foreseeable future, I'm a big fan of the OS as well.

I've seen the Nokias are very reasonable and I'm thinking about going that direction. My question is: How is the app selection on them? I've heard it is quite limited and I must have the app called "Whats App".
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 04:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I was looking at Galaxy as well .  And a note.

I went with the S III, as it is my first smart phone, my son said it was easy to learn.  Also, with the amount of time that I spend surveying in thick woods and swampy areas, I did not want to spend a lot of money, in case it got lost.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2015, 01:00 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I have an S4 and my son has a Note 4. You won't get a single complaint out of either of us.

That's good to hear . Thanks
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2015, 09:40 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I've seen the Nokias are very reasonable and I'm thinking about going that direction. My question is: How is the app selection on them? I've heard it is quite limited and I must have the app called "Whats App".

I used to be in love with Windows Phone about 2 years ago. The OS was fantastic, very simple and clean. But the App store is horrible. I guess it all depends on what you want the phone for. I'm in college, I'm heavy on social media, I love sports apps, etc. And Windows Phone gets absolutely no support from many of the big popular apps. I eventually couldn't handle my friends getting all these cool new features on their apps and I switched to an iPhone. 

I just upgraded a week ago though to a Galaxy S6 Edge and I love it. 
[Image: Bch_OOih_CIAARIjw_jpg_large.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 07:04 PM)xxlt Wrote: Wow, never even heard of that. Obviously you don't have coverage issues. Pretty cool.

Straight talk uses ATT. I havent had any issues whatsoever. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I see I'm the only BlackBerry guy here. I have a Q10 and i love it. So long as i can speak and type emails (work related) with that qwerty keyboard I'm more than satisfied. All those other apps and what not mean less than nothing to me. that's the bare minimum i need for work and that's pretty much all I use it for.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 03:15 PM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: I see I'm the only BlackBerry guy here.  I have a Q10 and i love it.  So long as i can speak and type emails (work related) with that qwerty keyboard I'm more than satisfied.   All those other apps and what not mean less than nothing to me.  that's the bare minimum i need for work and that's pretty much all I use it for.

DUDE!  I'm with you.  My all time favorite phone.   Thing is a tank.  I can drop this ***** on the tile all day long and she'll keep purring.  Really going to miss BB10, but I'll be picking up the venice the moment it comes out.  This coming from someone who never buys new phones, always used off ebay.  Venice will be different.  Going to drop the cash on that one.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 01:44 AM)Bengals23 Wrote: I used to be in love with Windows Phone about 2 years ago. The OS was fantastic, very simple and clean. But the App store is horrible. I guess it all depends on what you want the phone for. I'm in college, I'm heavy on social media, I love sports apps, etc. And Windows Phone gets absolutely no support from many of the big popular apps. I eventually couldn't handle my friends getting all these cool new features on their apps and I switched to an iPhone. 

I just upgraded a week ago though to a Galaxy S6 Edge and I love it. 

As I said I have heard apps are at a minimum for Windows. I'm not a huge App guy, but I must have "Whats App" (it allows you to text internationally). 

The only reasons I consider the windows phones is Nokia has a good reputation and they seem to have a lot of speed for the price.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote