Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cell phone cost
What is the cheapest monthly way to go with a cell phone?
Reply/Quote
Prepaid wireless. You can get straight talk for about 40 dollars a month and it gets you unlimited data, talk, and text. You need to have your own phone though.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Get on somebody else's family plan. My phone doesn't cost me shit.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2016, 10:55 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Prepaid wireless. You can get straight talk for about 40 dollars a month and it gets you unlimited data, talk, and text. You need to have your own phone though.
I'll have to check this out.  I have my own phone.
(07-13-2016, 10:58 AM)jason Wrote: Get on somebody else's family plan. My phone doesn't cost me shit.

I'm on the framily (yeah I spelled it right) plan with sprint and it costs me roughly $100 bucks a month.  I don't use my phone that much and need to find a cheaper solution.
Reply/Quote
metro pcs ,about 31$ a month with 1 gig data +text
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The prepaid are they way to go. I have Virgin Mobile and pay $35 a month (the rate is $40 but I get a $5 discount for auto-pay) for unlimited text and data. Your voice is limited to about 500 minutes per month, but I probably use about 10. They work off of the Sprint network, so if your current plan is with Sprint the transition should be seamless.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
My folks have one for emergencies, they pay $10. It's prepaid one. Flip phone, no data. But if you're just calling or texting, that's the cheapest I know of.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2016, 12:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The prepaid are they way to go. I have Virgin Mobile and pay $35 a month (the rate is $40 but I get a $5 discount for auto-pay) for unlimited text and data. Your voice is limited to about 500 minutes per month, but I probably use about 10. They work off of the Sprint network, so if your current plan is with Sprint the transition should be seamless.

This sounds like an excellent plan for me.  I use my text and data more than I use my phone.  I'll contact sprint and see if I can make the switch.  Thanks befine32!
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2016, 10:55 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Prepaid wireless. You can get straight talk for about 40 dollars a month and it gets you unlimited data, talk, and text. You need to have your own phone though.

I use this.  Straight Talk is $45.00 a month, unlimited everything.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2016, 07:09 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I use this.  Straight Talk is $45.00 a month, unlimited everything.

Same here.  Very satisfied with the service and price.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2016, 07:09 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I use this.  Straight Talk is $45.00 a month, unlimited everything.

(07-13-2016, 07:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Same here.  Very satisfied with the service and price.

Same here.
I've had it for several years with no issue.
I buy a Straight-Talk phone from Wal-Mart, about every 2 years for less than $100.
I usually try to hit them up on Black Friday and get a new phone for $30-$50.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2016, 10:58 AM)jason Wrote: Get on somebody else's family plan. My phone doesn't cost me shit.

Mellow

...is your 'family' adopting?

I got a good plan through T-Mobile...Sprint made the mistake of re-tier'ing us on a black Friday event we waited in line for-for hours to find out that our 'available' upgrades were taken away from us...and a lot more sprint customers. 

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
We got rid of our land line and went with Pre-Paid at $40.00 per month. We do have Cincinnati Bell for Internet only which is $25.00 per month for Highspeed though.

We are saving around $60.00 per month by doing this and that's not chump change for being on a fixed income. I just wish Cincinnati Bell would get on the ball and get us some faster speeds out here. All we can get is the 5mb Highspeed Internet and I would love to get at least 10mb.

One day I guess...one day
Reply/Quote
Cell phones are the devil.
Reply/Quote
I want a quad core processor in my phone and also, what do you know, I don't have 700 dollars to shell out at once so I'll probably end up in another 2 year contract here soon.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 02:37 AM)treee Wrote: I want a quad core processor in my phone and also, what do you know, I don't have 700 dollars to shell out at once so I'll probably end up in another 2 year contract here soon.

E-B-A-Y
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 12:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: E-B-A-Y

Is that on that new fangled Internet thing?
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2016, 10:39 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: What is the cheapest monthly way to go with a cell phone?

Not having one.

$0 per month, no contract!
Reply/Quote
If you have wifi at your house you can't beat republic wireless. 25$ a month for unlimited everything, text, talk, data. Had for years no issue, no contract.
Child please, kiss the baby.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2016, 01:54 PM)Attackcat Wrote: If you have wifi at your house you can't beat republic wireless. 25$ a month for unlimited everything, text, talk, data. Had for years no issue, no contract.

Why is that relevant.  If everything is unlimited at $25/month, then why would you need wifi?
Reply/Quote