Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cethan Carter
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hard pass for me....
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I would not mind Carter back as a TE3/FB special teamer.
Reply/Quote
I would rather have Moreau.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 10:47 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I would rather have Moreau.

Moreau would be TE2 or even the starter. He's a better player, but if he is the starter, that's a downgrade fron Hurst. TE2 I could live with. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 11:03 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Moreau would be TE2 or even the starter. He's a better player, but if he is the starter, that's a downgrade fron Hurst. TE2 I could live with. 

Who would be above Moreau? He would be #1 TE right now if we signed him no question, better down field threat than Hurst and is a 
good blocker. Hurst surprised me with his blocking though last year, he was good. No way Sample or Wilcox is in front of Moreau though.

We would have to draft TE in 1 or 2 for Moreau to be #2.

Oh yeah, to the OP, if Simmons wants Cethan back to help on ST's sign him.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 02:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Who would be above Moreau? He would be #1 TE right now if we signed him no question, better down field threat than Hurst and is a 
good blocker. Hurst surprised me with his blocking though last year, he was good. No way Sample or Wilcox is in front of Moreau though.

We would have to draft TE in 1 or 2 for Moreau to be #2.

Oh yeah, to the OP, if Simmons wants Cethan back to help on ST's sign him.

Moreau was the worst rated run blocking TE in the league (or close to it) via PFF. Though weirdly, also at (or near) top in pass blocking. 

A highly drafted TE starts over him. 

If he is our TE1 heading into the season, I am bummed.  
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 04:55 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Moreau was the worst rated run blocking TE in the league (or close to it) via PFF. Though weirdly, also at (or near) top in pass blocking. 

I think it would be much more important to have a great pass blocking TE than run blocking.  Of course it would be nice to have someone that is great at both but then if they are great at both are they also good actually catching passes?  Isnt Drew Sample supposed to be great in pass and run blocking? but then he isnt all that great a receiving threat.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 04:55 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Moreau was the worst rated run blocking TE in the league (or close to it) via PFF. Though weirdly, also at (or near) top in pass blocking. 

That is what I meant in pass blocking which I find to be a much bigger deal. I wouldn't be bummed with a vet TE like Hurst 
starting for us like Moreau. He is a bit faster than Hurst it seems, more fluid in his routes and knows Burrow. I think we draft a 
TE somewhat early anyways and it would be good competition. I am a bit over Drew Sample, hope we bring back Wilcox.

(03-18-2023, 05:10 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I think it would be much more important to have a great pass blocking TE than run blocking.  Of course it would be nice to have someone that is great at both but then if they are great at both are they also good actually catching passes?  Isnt Drew Sample supposed to be great in pass and run blocking? but then he isnt all that great a receiving threat.

Yeah, would be nice to have a TE that can do it all good wouldn't it?
Reply/Quote