Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chad Johnson Still Catching TDs In Mexican Football League
Still got love for 85
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bring him back it's not like we are looking at anything past 8-8. Might as well have some fun.

Reply/Quote
Remember when Chad bought enough tickets for Bengals fans so the games wouldn't be blacked out?

That was awesome. Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2017, 05:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Not singling you out at all McC, but I've never understood why Bengals fans can't just let go, forgive and remember the overwhelming positives without dredging up every bad thing that happened. 

I doubt Steelers fans always bring up Ward's DUI or stint on dancing with the stars. Packers fans forgave Favre for his retirement dance and stint with the hated Vikings. Why do we always have to bring up the jacket or "Ocho"? That was literally 2 years of an 11 year accolade filled career.

I'm not ripping you, just curious why people still feel so negatively about a player that did a lot for the team and city.

He was a great WR but some of us (me) think his antics were detrimental to team success and it was pratically proven when they started making the playoffs regularly after his departure. 

Was he a blast to watch, heck yes. Went hoarse cheering for him many of days. 

But the locker room fight when the Bengals were leading the steelers in playoff game turned me away. 

Why does it get brought up, because the good and bad go hand in hand. It is who he is, he created this monster.
 T.O. probably gets judged the same and he was way better than Chad.

He gets much more love than criticism anyway. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Mexico has a American football league?
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 02:08 PM)Go Cards Wrote: He was a great WR but some of us (me) think his antics were detrimental to team success and it was pratically proven when they started making the playoffs regularly after his departure. 

Was he a blast to watch, heck yes. Went hoarse cheering for him many of days. 

But the locker room fight when the Bengals were leading the steelers in playoff game turned me away. 

Why does it get brought up, because the good and bad go hand in hand. It is who he is, he created this monster.
 T.O. probably gets judged the same and he was way better than Chad.

He gets much more love than criticism anyway. 

You really believe we started that run of playoff cameos because we dumped Chad? I think we started it because we finally surrounded a good QB/WR tandem with an excellent defense.

Fwiw, I don't think Chad and TO should be mentioned in the same sentence. The locker room "fight" didn't happen according to Hue, and Chad didn't get a cancer label until 2010, and that was mostly applied by fans looking for a scapegoat.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 07:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You really believe we started that run of playoff cameos because we dumped Chad? I think we started it because we finally surrounded a good QB/WR tandem with an excellent defense.

Fwiw, I don't think Chad and TO should be mentioned in the same sentence. The locker room "fight" didn't happen according to Hue, and Chad didn't get a cancer label until 2010, and that was mostly applied by fans looking for a scapegoat.

Agreed.  The sad reality is that Chad's antics may very well have sent this franchise into ruin but Antonio Brown can act like a horse's ass and the Steelers don't magically become 4-12. Apparently some franchises can handle a silly WR and some can't.

EDIT: We've been over this 100 times. When a player on a winning team acts crazy it is because he has swagger and when a player on a losing team acts crazy it's because he's a god-awful cancer who is making the awful team lose.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 01:05 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Remember when Chad bought enough tickets for Bengals fans so the games wouldn't be blacked out?

That was awesome. Tiger

we should pay him back by all going to see him if he plays again in Mexico.  
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 10:22 PM)bonesaw Wrote: we should pay him back by all going to see him if he plays again in Mexico.  

Uh...  okay.

[Image: th?id=OIP.cMD8uM9S_IqCDpuj6Nd63AEsDF&pid...=240&h=159]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/watch-chad-johnson-attempt-to-cover-antonio-brown-on-the-football-field-news.30909.html

Now 85 is playing corner and covering AB. Odell Beckham's next up
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 10:22 PM)bonesaw Wrote: we should pay him back by all going to see him if he plays again in Mexico.  

Im good lol
Reply/Quote
Ah to this day I still like Chad Johnson. He is certainly a willy character.
[img]http://[Image: power-rangers-dinozords-ranking-tigerzor...mhpcjr.jpg][/img]
Reply/Quote
I think it's funny that somehow Chris Henry is thought of more fondly than Chad Johnson. People give Henry way too much credit for being something he just wasn't. He was very troubled and missed a lot of time on the field. For all of his antics, Chad did a lot of great things for the city and the team. For someone reason one always gets torn down while the other gets talked about like Randy Moss.
Reply/Quote
Chad must be bored. I saw a commercial for some therapy based reality television show he and his mom are on a couple days ago as well.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2017, 10:24 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Chad must be bored.  I saw a commercial for some therapy based reality television show he and his mom are on a couple days ago as well.

He is broke.

He used to drive $150K Lambos, and now he is rolling in a smart car.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 01:05 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Remember when Chad bought enough tickets for Bengals fans so the games wouldn't be blacked out?

That was awesome. Tiger

Chad did not pay for those tickets.  Some phone company he had an endorsement deal with paid for them.
Reply/Quote
One of my favorite ocho moments was when he pulled out like a $1 or a $5 bill and tried to bribe a ref for a call. LMAO LMAO Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2017, 01:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He is broke.

False.

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/nfl/chad-ochocinco-johnson-net-worth/

Maybe he's buying smart cars because he's being smart with his remaining funds.

(04-06-2017, 01:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Chad did not pay for those tickets.  Some phone company he had an endorsement deal with paid for them.

Ok, so we still got free tickets thanks to Chad Johnson. I don't see any players since him doing such things.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2017, 01:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: False.

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/nfl/chad-ochocinco-johnson-net-worth/

Maybe he's buying smart cars because he's being smart with his remaining funds.

Ok, so we still got free tickets thanks to Chad Johnson. I don't see any players since him doing such things.

Chad might be broke, or getting close to it.  This PFT article from 2013 says that he listed assets of $4.7 million in court filings, but his expenses were $45k per month more than his income... has he had any more kids since then??

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/16/chad-johnson-is-45000-in-the-red-every-month/
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 07:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You really believe we started that run of playoff cameos because we dumped Chad? I think we started it because we finally surrounded a good QB/WR tandem with an excellent defense.

Lap reported fight immediately and saw the look on the teams faces when they emerged from locker room with the lead. Something happened and I am sure Hue is taking the high road. 

Yes, do believe that the team got better by subtracting Palmer and Chad and replacing them with Dalton and AJ. Sorry this offends you, not my intention. 

Always said the defense was good (always trusted Zimmer) before that but Palmer and Chad would do so many three and outs to start games they would gas the defense who would play great until exhausted. To Carson and chads defense some of this should be credited to horrid play calling.

Seen it many times because I almost sit on the defenses bench.

No, it was not the defense that changed and if so what player was added do we credit for this overnight change ?

It was replacing Brat with Gruden, Ocho with AJ, and Palmer with Dalton. All upgrades even if you think not. 

Because they were close to the same talent, but mostly because they bought in instead of trying to run the team and worrying about their own stats. 

Like I said, Chad gets more love than hate but he brought on the other side of the coin himself. We have argued this many times and neither are going to change. Time for us to both except it, sorry your Chad rookie cards are falling in value yearly.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote